Sitting In The Dark With A Good Report From The Doctor

I wen to the Doctor for follow up on my Bronchitis diagnosis and no sooner did I sit down than I received an alert that my power went out. The Doctor told me I was improving and encouraged me to take the steroids to keep it going. So on th Bronchitis 'I'm golden'. It is no great feat that after a longer time than I spent in the Doctor's office I was able to get some news on the power outage. I reported our residence as without power once I got to a live person and they informed me that the estimated time for power to be restored was Mach 11 at noon. They were kind enough to say they don't really expect it to be that long but then they have other problems. When I attempted to get information from their website it was not working well. Their phone system was also a bit 'messed up'. In calling them I ended up in a 'loop' where I was kicked back to the beginning of their process ( several times) before I finally was able to talk to a live person. I think she was as distressed as anyone (Poor Girl). SO I am sitting here in the dark using up some battery to write this post. I'll be back as soon as I can. How is your day going?
My day is really pretty good glad y o ur time with the doctor ended with giiid news that you are improving sorry about the power outage
Wow I hope it comes back before then. That is a long time to go without power. Glad to hear that your health is improving.
Oh my. You really do have a long wait for power to be restored. It sure does make for a good day for you, despite the power-outage, regarding a good report from your doctor.
Better than yours!! March 11 is a long time without power..why so long?
that is an impressively long time for the power to supposedly be down!
@Jessicalynnt I think so too! I'm at McD's to respond for a moment then off to use some points I earned to help pay for tonight's room. After which I go back to Mc. D's to get supper before going to get the room.
I hope your power will be on and everything will be back to normal.
• Pamplona, Spain
Very good Report from your Doctor but not so from the Electric People. March the 11th I can only hope that they got the dates mixed up too and it should be back on right now. What are they thinking of?
Hope your power wasn't out for too long. It doesn't worry me but there is a typo in your title.
@JudyEv It will be at least 7 hours as that is what it will be in under 20 minutes. Probably a lot longer as there is a tree down that appears to have taken out our supply line (which feeds about 6 houses). They know it's there but haven't started working on it yet. Thousands of people in Michigan are without power due to the high winds today. I have very little battery life left so I turn on the computer for short periods of time for minimal use.
@Berniezeitler There must be a lot of calls for help when a storm goes through. Seven hours is a long time.
@JudyEv I'm at Bigby's to charge my laptop. Still no Power. Still looking at 11:30 PM Saturday.
@UncleJoe (11361)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
The only good thing about an extended power outage for me is how appreciative I am when it comes back on. We lost power for 5 days after a hurricane a few years ago. The worst thing was losing most everything in our big upright freezer. I tried to cook everything I could on a charcoal grill that I could but, unfortunately, the spaghetti kept falling through.
@UncleJoe For me it is a spiritual experience. God speaks when you are slowed down and cherishing the moment. Albeit cold at 30 degrees during the night.
@UncleJoe (11361)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
@Berniezeitler I couldn't agree more with that. LOL I can remember more than one time when I was "too full of myself" and God put me flat on my back in bed to make me remember to look UP.
Being without power is so challenging and really disruptive. I am reading this late and hope you are enjoying your power again at this time.
@sugartoes (43779)
• Greencastle, Indiana
wow that's messed up we had a power outage here but it didn't take no DAYS to get it fixed. hope they get it on soon
Fair. I can't complain. Thanks for sharing.
• Dallas, Texas
I am glad the treatment is helping improve on your bronchitis.