Uber or Lyft?

Nissan Altima
Uber is a household word. Unfortunately, there have been many bad reports about Uber. I, personally, know a few friends that drive for Uber and I can tell you that it is not a bad company, overall. My only beef with Uber is their app. I tried to download their app and had some trouble, so, I decided to go with their competitor Lyft. I have used Lyft in the past. Their service is outstanding and I am a satisfied customer. A few days ago, I did called them because I had to do some personal business around town. We rode around for almost 35 minutes and the cost was just a little over $12, Being an ex-cab driver, I gave the driver a tip. I think rideshare is the wave of the future and my pick is Lyft. How about you? Have you taken Uber or Lyft? What are your thoughts?
I am not familiar with either one so have nothing to base any claim on at all.
I am weary about using such services. I think with time I'd come to trust them more. I know that thy are cheaper in comparison to cabs though. I don't often take any means of "public" transport, but when I do, it's usually a cab company.
Thank you for your input. Cabs are alright but they have gotten to be expensive. Anyway, to each its own. Hope you run across some good cab drivers.
@Montecristodog I only use one company when I have to take a cab. Generally I ask for the same cabbie and he's a real sweetheart. There was one time I called this same cab company and the person who answered the phone was mean! I think the company soon changed owners after that though.
@ScribbledAdNauseum I know what you mean. I am happy that you found a good cab driver. I used to work in the cab business and did a stint dispatching. I have, also, seen my share of mean ones answering the phones. It is not good for business. Thank you for sharing.
• Peoria, Arizona
I have never tried either, The prices are so bad, but so are either any other cab. Lyft seems a little more interesting, but Uber feels more accommodating. I am not sure.
• Peoria, Arizona
@Lupita234 I used to not trust Uber much, mostly because this was at the beginning of it and a driver left a man my ex worked with in the middle of nowhere and he was killed. So...that is a thing haha but that doesn't say anything about the company just that driver.
@FourWalls (8888)
I have also heard a lot of complaints about Uber. I've used it once, when I ended up at the ER in the middle of the night, and the valet called an Uber driver for me. I wouldn't have any objection to using one or the other.
I am glad you had a good experience with Uber.
If I have to use it, I choose Uber.
I have not tried any services, but I hear Lyft is better. Uber has ridiculous charges sometimes.
@delhshop (752)
i tried uber and they take long time and sometimes after you wait you find that they cancelled the call and you need to find another driver, what is that, why they cancel its not nice to do it, i want to use other company is that lyft in indian in Delhi?
Try Lyft and see
@delhshop (752)
@Montecristodog so its here in delhi? if so does they have an app or not thanks for the post and the help there
@delhshop it should be. Contact them thru the website.
Here there is no Lyft. There is another similar service called Didi. Didi and Uber were popular in the past because the competition made them better. Then they combined together. After that, the price is up and today I seldom use it.
Interesting.
@EddieHands (31301)
I want to get an uber ride to some fun places when I go out! Especially if I have a few drinks.. I thik I need it! blessings!
Wise choice