Do you have life insurance

I was talking to my mom a few minutes ago . she's not having a good day. She just went to my brother's grave today. Anyway we got on the subject of Life Insurance. My half-sister is having a fit right now. Because her brother-in-law died. They're asking for contributions to was the funeral. She feels she should have to contribute to the funeral. So that got me and my mom to talk it. I told her I would prefer to pay off my funeral. Rather than get life insurance that may not ever come to fruition My mom said she pays her life insurance before she pays anything else. Because she would never want her children to struggle to pay for her burial.
My mother had everything pre paid for. It did take the burden off.
It's a see my family go through hard times to bury my brother it was more that I could do it
@hillhjill (4117)
I did have life insurance but my mom cashed it out to move so now I have to get life insurance once I can afford it.
@hillhjill (4117)
@sharon6345 that is a shame.. when my daddy passed he didn't have life insurance so we had to pay for it out of pocket.
@hillhjill that must have been hard
@hillhjill (4117)
@sharon6345 it was.. are church help us as much as they could and friends help as well.. then it was my mom's birthday and she gave me a letter saying it was payed off.. I was so happy.
@Trensue (5265)
I have prepaid my cremation fees and I don't plan on leaving any debt.
I don't plan on leaving any
@UncleJoe (8099)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
Life insurance is like gambling. YOU are betting you're gonna die. The insurance company bets you're gonna live. Yet, we hope that they win the bet!
So are you a gambler do you have life insurance?
@UncleJoe (8099)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
@sharon6345 Yes. His Name is Jesus.
@UncleJoe okay you know you did it right. What am I going to do with you. What is Jesus going to do for you?
@sugartoes (33882)
• Greencastle, Indiana
it's just crazy NOT to have life ins rather you want to pay it off BEFORE your time or not we never KNOW when our time is up in life.
Yeah I have someone coming over this should have been here already. They're going to go over the insurance is with me and stuff of that nature.
We have money saved back to bury us. We can not aford life insurance for both of us.