Do you remember your first car?

I do. It was in the year 1981 and we were recently married. A friend offered his car for just $500. At the time, I was in the Navy and my paycheck was limited. All I could save was $250 but my mother-in-law, bless her heart, helped us with the rest. It was a nice yellow 73 Charger with a 318 engine. It was a great deal but in the end, I got rid of it. My wife was learning how to drive and wanted a smaller car so with deep regret, I got rid of it. Looking back, I got have had a nice investment had I stayed with that car. How about you? Do you remember your first car? bit.ly/2mso7Ko
My first car I practice driving was a 1990 Toyota Camry.
• Portland, Connecticut
I do, it was a little red square Fiat that my parents bought for me when I was in high school. It was a standard transmission and very expensive to fix but I loved having my own car.
I never had a car because I do not drive, I remember the first car of my husband when I met him. It was a FIAT 500, it was the year 1970.
Yes I do. It was a used Datsun.
My first car was Toyota Yaris 1999. It belonged to my parents, but I paid off one of their loans, so finally at 22 they gave it to me as a "gift". I loved that car so much. Small, economic, quiet. I would have kept it if I wasn't moving to another country.
You look back and appreciate some things such as 0 monthly payments.
@Montecristodog yes exactly. My parents took too many loans on their head, so I made a promise to myself not to make any loans myself, nor use any credit cards. Me and my husband are still renting, but we at least sleep well at night. Interest is bad.
@thehousewife Good for you.
• Bournemouth, England
Mine is very easy to remember because I have only ever owned one and that was just for less than a week. When I was 17 I couldn't wait to learn to drive, only to discover that with my poor co-ordination a manual gear change was seemingly beyond me. I switched to an automatic and, after many, many lessons and two tests I passed. When I was 20 I bought an old Daf 33 for £70. They ran on a sort of rubber band, like a washing machine, and the one from mine dropped out on the road. I pushed the car to the kerb and the next day discovered that some kind soul had driven into it and wrecked it without leaving any details. I have seldom driven in the 35 years since but, later that year, my mother also passed an automatic test. She had the car repaired and drove it, followed by a succession of other Daf33s before progressing to the rather larger Volvo estates.
My daddy gave my husband and I our first car when we got married in 1989. It was a green 1981 Ford LTD......we loved that car
• Finland
My first car was Volkswagen Golf -89 and I fix it a bit by painting it again because I was studying car painting that time. I didn't have it for long but I always remember how it felt to sit inside of it and know it's mine
Mine was a red '65 Ford Galaxy 500 4-door, bought it for $100 in '78, had to replace the seals in the tranny when I got it, but it was a decent 1st vehicle.
@Sreekala (18782)
I am yet to get my first car Glad to know that you got a car in the very beginning of married life.
I do remember my first car and it was when I was a student. It was a a red sedan from Nissan.
Well I guess with regrets we just have to accept that we had some miscalculations I'm deciding in a particular time... Hehehehe guess we all move on. By the way I was born at 1981 Heheheh God bless.