The Empty Driveway

@DWDavis (10775)
Pikeville, North Carolina
There is a big, empty spot in our driveway this morning. The spot is usually full of camper. Having the spot empty is usually a good thing. The empty spot usually means the missus and I are off on a camping adventure. Today it means our camper is in the shop. The empty space may stay empty for two weeks or more while waiting for the malfunction with the slide out to be diagnosed and repaired. Our next camping trip is scheduled for the end of the month, so we hope to have it back before then. We are having a very clear and sunny but cold day here today. It feels like winter again and we are still expecting a dusting of snow. I hope your weekends are going well. Anything fun and/or exciting happen so far?
• Riga, Latvia
Just an at home weekend. Good to have that camper fixed before you trip.
Nothing exciting for me here. Usual watching some sports and movies.
@DWDavis (10775)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
Did you watch the Duke v Carolina game last night?
@DWDavis No, it's Pac 10 action here.
I do hope the camper is ready before your next adventure. It is cold here too. We all need gloves, hats and winter coats today.
@DWDavis (10775)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
I'd need gloves and a hat today if I were going to be outside for any length of time. Hope y'all see warmer weather soon.
@DWDavis I would love to have a camper, but we would have to rent a spot to park it somewhere. Not sure where, come to think of it. We cannot park them in the driveways in our subdivision.
@DWDavis (10775)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
@Corbin5 Our subdivision doesn't have any rules against such. A few years back, some snooty types who'd recently moved into the area tried to start a homeowners association so they could dictate what people could do with their own yards and houses. Those of us who'd lived here for years told them to go pound sand.
I certainly hope your camper is repaired quickly and fully. My weekend has been like my week. Crazy fun!
@DWDavis (10775)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
I missed out on the fun part, but it was a crazy weekend. Glad you had a good time.
I hope your camper is fixed soon so you can go on your next camping adventure at the end of the month! =)
@DWDavis (10775)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
Thank you. I hope so, too. My wife and I find our camping time is really the only time we can relax.
@Platespinner (16791)
We're having a quiet day at home. The menfolk are gone and I'm refusing to do any real work.
@DWDavis (10775)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
Good for you. You deserve a day to relax.
A camping trip with a camper should be fun. My weekend is quite ordinary so far.
@DWDavis (10775)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
We were looking forward to this weekend's trip, but now will have to hope the camper is fixed in time for our next outing instead.
Hope they can fix your camper without it being a costly repair. It must be weird looking at that empty space in your driveway
@DWDavis (10775)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
It is an odd feeling seeing the spot where the camper sits empty. Sad in a way. I hope we have her back sooner rather than later.
I have had a nice weekend so far
@katsmeow1213 (29016)
I hope the repairs aren't too expensive.. and that they're done before your next trip!
This is such a shame. I hope it won't be too expensive a fix. We've had to do a few repairs to our caravan and we haven't even slept in it yet.
Pulled an all nighter and did some housecleaning. Nothing special.