Hashtags - SEO

I suppose putting the right hashtags in your online posts is important for SEO but how much of them? I thought it is better to put as much you can in order to increase the visibility of your post(s) but now I'm asking myself is that actually good or bad... Is putting to many hashtags driving the traffic to your post or on the contrary puts your post lower in the search list? Also, if the word you used in your text is in plural should the hashtag for that word be in plural too or singular is better? What do you think or know? Thank you!!!:)
@AkoPinay (10099)
I use specific and generic tags, not so many. Here on mylot we have a max 5 limit. Twitter experts recommend 2. bitLanders allow up to 10.
What are generic hashtags? It is the one thing how much they allow but it is the other how much is good if there is no limit. In that case how much is the best...?
@AkoPinay (10099)
@tasoartcraft generic tags of i.e. BEEF, CHICKEN, MYLOT, NIUME, etc are: FOOD, FOODS, , EARNING SITES, PAYING SITES, etc.
@AkoPinay ok, thank you. Looking that way I think I'm putting both... :)
@megatron777 (3777)
• Guam
I'm not so sure. Honestly, I never think much of SEO.
Ok thanks anyway :)
I need it for my blogs and pages... :/
@dragon68 (774)
I put a hashtags on my first post cuz I saw almost every post have this hashtags.