Only in North Carolina...

Only in North Carolina can it snow and then potentially get up to the fitties (farenheit) in temperature. Of course, I think they've now said it's most likely going to be the forties instead. Then there might be potential for more weather later in the week. I want to see the snow, but it needs to be completely clear by Wednesday please. I'm going into work tonight. Wasn't scheduled but was asked. We had to order another truck. We normally don't get trucks on Saturday's but since we are a grocery store, and since it's the south and there is a chance of snow... Well have you seen those images where a man (woman, child or monkey) is holding a couple of loaves of bread and a gallon or two of milk? Saying something along the lines of "I'm ready for the snow?" Yeah... That's our State. "Oh no it's going to snow!" "But honey, we won't have enough to make milk sandwiches!!"
Last night my fiancé's parents called and then we asked hows the weather? She said its snowing! Its so different how she was just here and it is hot and she gets back there its snowing! I hope it clears up by Wednesday for you!
Drastic changes for sure! It didn't even stick. They changed it from possibly 1-3 inches in our area to half an inch.
@ScribbledAdNauseum So it will definitely clear up since it isn't much snow :)
@infatuatedbby It was gone by the time I woke up lol. Icy conditions expected next week though. I don't like that.
Colorado can get like that a lot. Snow, then you could play golf the next day. Sometimes.
It seems like it's been years since we've had a "proper winter" Well a few winter's ago it was bitter cold...
@ScribbledAdNauseum - We get our fair share of snow and cold, but the last couple winters have been really mild.
@teamfreak16 I guess it's a welcome reprieve.
We can have snow and then the temperature goes up to the 50's and the snow melts before you have the time to notice that it has covered the ground.
I didn't even see it fall. I was awake this morning, and it was supposedly falling, but I couldn't tell from looking out my window. I woke up and it was completely gone. I guess it's all a part of Global Warming. It doesn't seem like it was like that years ago, does it? Snow one hour, and it gone without a trace!
@ScribbledAdNauseum I agree that it was different in the past, I blame the pollution, too many cars and factories warm up the air, this is not good at all.
@LadyDuck No, definitely not. Atleast here in the US? It seems those who want to use cleaner energy have to pay a hefty hefty fine to use it. Not right!
@katsmeow1213 (29047)
Poor thing.. we had some nasty weather today! I don't mind the snow at all.. these horrible winds have got to go, and I wish it wouldn't get so darn cold! It was single digits today for the St. Patrick's Day parade! Ew!
Ew indeed! I'm not sure what the winds were like. It wasn't bitterly cold this morning, atleast not to me. The snow came and went without me as witness.
@ScribbledAdNauseum I guess we're getting a Noreaster tomorrow.. lovely!
We got snow the other day and the store by me was packed. What is it about snow makes people pack on the stores. The forcast was wrong too no blizzard in sight. The snow did not even stick to the ground.
I don't understand it either. I Think a lot more people are going to the store several times a week instead of just going once a week, or once every two weeks or so. I guess they don't have enough food and have to rush out to get more, just in case.
@dramagirl26 (3339)
• Ringgold, Virginia
We're supposed to have cold and snow this week in VA too. We've been having some weird weather so far this year.
Yes we have. I think we might get ice later this week. Mother Nature can keep that!