Seriously, this is ridiculous

By Miki
@Micmac (8453)
Every time the cable fees are getting higher. Apparently once again their sport program fees have increased beyond what is reasonable. I am paying for many sports shows I don't even watch. It is highway robbery. Time to cut the cord.
Cable is a waste of money. I learned that a while ago and cut it off. I am watching amazon right now. Later I will watch netflix. tomorrow I will watch the firestick. prime is $100 a year and the firestickis one time fee on ebay.. all you need is wifi you can see all the tv you want. I watch netflix free through someone elses account.
@Micmac (8453)
@sharon6345 That is a good choice. I may do the same thing. Definitely cable is losing a lot of customers due to their exorbitant fees. It's just crazy. I wouldn't mind trying Netflix. Only I would miss my dvr for recording shows and skip over the commercials.
@Micmac You would not miss if after a few weeks. When I got use to not spending all that money. I was glad. I cut my hulu and netflix because of the firestick. it has everything. on netflix they have shows you won't find anywhere and that I love.
@Micmac (8453)
@sharon6345 I am still contemplating. It's does seem worthwhile for savings and looks like a good investment instead of staying with greedy cable. I'm going to check out Amazon and firestick.
Satellite is the same - I did away with the sports package since we aren't into watching sports. I have no desire to watch tv on a computer or use my minutes that way. We will always have satellite or something similar - won't give up tv - not in this house.
@Micmac (8453)
@AbbyGreenhill I'm glad I got rid of Satellite - I hate those contracts and then they charge $100 to remove their dish. I was thinking of getting rid of the sports package, but then I would have to compromise on receiving less movie channels that I enjoy watching.
@Micmac They actually gave us a free movine channel when we dropped sports.
@Micmac (8453)
@AbbyGreenhill That's not bad at all. I think I will look into that option soon.
We have no more cable TV, it's a waste of money.
@Micmac (8453)
@LadyDuck I am thinking of going the same route. They are too expensive. I might convert back to the basic antenna for watching free tv programs.
@Micmac We do not have antennas anymore, the free TV channels are part of the Internet connection now.
@theBlock (2625)
@Micmac You-got-that-right!....Too-expensive----I-haven't-had-a-TV-in-over-5-years....It-doesn't-interest-me-anymore.
@Micmac (8453)
@theBlock Yes, these cable companies are way to greedy. That's great you can do without TV and you don't miss it. I would be lost without seeing my favorite shows.
@theBlock (2625)
@Micmac I-do-kind-of-miss-Jeopardy-and-Meet-the-Press,,though....
@Micmac (8453)
@theBlock Ah yes, Jeopardy - a fun show! I watch it a lot.. I play the game a lot on my computer and I even have a Jeopardy board game.
@responsiveme (16034)
Are you still doing it?
@Micmac (8453)
@responsiveme I haven't cut the cable cord yet. Still reviewing options and can't decide what to do yet.
Yes time to look into other things.
@Micmac (8453)
@jstory07 I hope to find something better.
Cable/satellite is gauging fees right and left and not just for sports you don't watch. However the danger of cutting the chord and going exclusively to streaming are constant technical issues and interruptions, fees are climbing on Netflix etc.
@Micmac (8453)
@JohnRoberts I had a fit when my cable charged me nearly $10.00 fee for just making a change in service like downgrading to a lesser internet speed. I remember another cable provider automatically increased my bill for updating their system which was just changing the colors on their tv guide!!! Yes, the streaming stalling problem is one reason I hesitate to cut the cable cord. Sounds like a pain.
i've been thinking about getting an amazon fire myself..
@Micmac (8453)
@scarlet_woman Sounds good. There are lots of other options to try and save us a bundle. I might try Netflix and Sling TV instead of cable. I'm really fed up with cable right now.
@flpoolbum (2485)
@Micmac ~If you live in the USA, get use to not only paying these ridiculous fees for cable but for the internet as well. President Trump wants to do away with Net Neutrality, which allows everyone access to the internet. If the access to Internet is taken away, big business would probably be given control of Internet access, it would be divided into standard and premiem packages of internet access. Contact your U.S. Representatives in Congress and President Trump to make sure that no one messes with Net Neutrality and tell all of your friends and relatives to do the same before we lose Internet access.
@Micmac (8453)
@flpoolbum Thanks for the heads up. I won't be surprised if this happens eventually. Too much greed in the world. Consumers have to take the burden unfortunately.