One of the most boring job for me is Shredding

Good morning .Another frigid day here, planing to stay put.I have tons of paper we need to get rid off. I have been shredding off and on and find that this is the most boring job. We took a bunch to Staples to get shredded. But got to the point we stop.The only thing is that our neighbor has a fire place out door.The next time he has a fire going.Going to take a bunch. Most of the paper is banking,investment etc.Which has our SS there. These are paper way back years.Now we are trying to go paperless. I hate this job.Wish that they was a better way to get rid of them. Have a bonfire in the neighborhood. How about you do you shred important paper no longer good any more?
I always seem to have a pile to shred and it's a very unrewarding job (right up there with dusting). I'm in the midst of shredding all those important papers from my mom. She kept every single thing and now that she's passed I can finally shred all those papers. I like your idea of throwing all your papers into your neighbors fireplace
I am working on shredding years of income tax stuff..it take a long time. As for new things coming in the mail I shred them right away and don't let them build up.
@AbbyGreenhill a good idea.Now if only I organize my self.
@amadeo That's the hard part for most people.
@mysdianait (64068)
I must get organised like you too @AbbyGreenhill
If it is winter we can burn paper indoors in our tile fire. Often I just tear sheets into 4 to 6 pieces and put them in a bag in the bin. We don't have a shredder although it would be handy.
@JudyEv.The worst part is all information there.
@amadeo Yes, some stuff is better shredded.
@ramapo17 (20040)
• Melbourne, Florida
@JudyEv Sometimes when I rip papers up I will rip the parts that have info on it and just shred those pieces.
No I burn mine but I live in the woods so it does not bother anyone. I have a small grocery sack ready now, I will burn them when I clean the yard and have small branches to burn.
@andriaperry good for you there andria
@ramapo17 (20040)
• Melbourne, Florida
@andriaperry We use to do that when we lived in the mountains in Pennsylvania. We had an acre so it was pretty private. Now I am in flat lands and everything is open to the neighbors.
@louievill (17136)
Shreding is good for the environment, if you shred paper and recycle it would save trees from being cut, burning would do contrary and would give out harmful fumes, if you live in the Philippines, my small modest biz would be glad to buy that, just separate rhe white bonds from the colored paper
@louievill I always recycle paper.Have to shred for private information
@ramapo17 (20040)
• Melbourne, Florida
@amadeo That is us too. We have certain pickup days for recycle-ables.
I confess that I burn the papers in our fireplace, a little bit at a time and the season is almost over, so I have to rush to finish the job.
@@LadyDuck I wish that could say that.season is almost over not.LOL
@amadeo By mid-April I will not light the fireplace anymore.
Yes, I do shredding and hate it too, find it very tiresome. Just do it in small increments.
@marlina very tiresome and a waste of energy for me.I need mine.LOL
@amadeo I need my energy too and I lose it way too easily.
@ramapo17 (20040)
• Melbourne, Florida
@amadeo I hate doing it too but it has to be done. I thought of putting the papers in a bucket of bleach water and when it dries it should be blank. It could be faster than shredding. I also thought of putting the bleached papers that are dry in the bottom of a compost pile. What do you think?
@besweet (7238)
• Greece
Isn't there a paper recycling box in your area? We send all of the office paper for recycling. Shredding could be exciting at first but then I would be bored too. I hope you have finished your shredding task by now!
yes there is.These are the private information.I will be going paperless soon
@besweet (7238)
• Greece
@amadeo If it is private information then a shredder is necessary! It will be a nice achievement when you finish the job, have fun with it since you have to do it anyway!
My husband is mostly paperless. Not much to shred.
@NJChicaa these are many years ago before paperless.
@garymarsh6 (12738)
Yes paper shredding is like watching paint dry! Enjoy put some music on and get into the rhythm !
@garymarsh that I do have on music.
@garymarsh6 (12738)
@amadeo Dance to it as you shove the papers in the machine. It is a good way to work out! LOL
@ramapo17 (20040)
• Melbourne, Florida
@garymarsh6 That is a great way of descriping it.
My husband uses his shredder. I'd rather spend my time on myLot!
@DianneN.Did not really knew that you were addicted here.
@amadeo I'm not. Are you?
We try to shred as we go, but you know, sometimes it just ends up piling up and then it's a pain! There is actually a special education school around the corner from us, and for a fee (I think by the box), they will shred them for you. We assume it's safe, but haven't tried them out . . . at least if you do it yourself at home, you know it was done.
@much2say are you there when you do?
@amadeo Well I've never done it - I just know about them. These are high school aged teens with mental disabilities . . . the school teaches them certain job skills . . . one of the services they practice is shredding documents. I am sure they are always supervised (they also do baking and car detailing) - and I assume they are trustworthy as they the school has done it for a long time.
I really need to buy a shredder. I use scissors to shed papers. I, too, wish we could just burn all in the yard. I think for my birthday, I will ask for a shredder.
@Corbin5 a good idea there.The prices has come way down on this.
I hate having to do away with things - but some must face the bonfire.
@Kandase that is a good idea there.
@delhshop (749)
yes its boring to do so, but for me i find it sometimes and i repeat sometimes not all the time, its sport, to move and shred the papers
@delishop I guess.
@silvermist (17130)
@amadeo I used to tear them and put in the bin.But these days I burn most of them.
@sivermist I am leaning toward this.
@prinzcy (5065)
That sound like tons of paper to shred. It does sound boring. What about recycling it? Is it not an option?
@Notlilie well the reason for this is too many information there.SS credit card etc.
Yes, I shred and burn too
I try to shred as soon as I have a small pile, otherwise the shredder will over heat and it will take a long time.
@mysdianait (64068)
I have decades of papers to shred I boiught a shredder last autumn as I had already sorted a lot of the papers and needed to get them out of the way. I agree that it is boring but it's one of those jobs that you can see that you did it when it's done so that makes it better I guess