Does a Parsnip belong in a cake ?

United Kingdom
I guess that we have all heard of carrot cakes ...and even beetroot cake ... although I have yet to try that one myself. But , what about a Parsnip cake !!! I was given some to try last week by a friend and it was delicious ....of course I asked for the recipe and she sent me a copy straight over. I made on yesterday and have to admit that it was super easy to make and was amazingly delicious ( If I do say so myself ). Just goes to show that you are always learning and you should always try new things no matter how strange they may sound. So, does a parsnip belong in a cake ... too right it does !
Simple things are often overlooked. I like carrot cake but have never seen - to say nothing of eaten - a parsnip cake.
@MALUSE , I love carrot cakes too, and I would think that the parsnip in a cake would be good/
@PatZAnthony (12657)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
Yes, if we can make it taste good! We put beans in brownies and these are delicious.
@Sambriel (623)
@PatZAnthony that may be nice
@PatZAnthony (12657)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
@Sambriel It would seem odd to some, but if you don't tell people these chocolate goodies also have black beans, they will never know.
Please can you send me a slice. I like parsnips and I like cake ... I think I might therefore like parsnip cake. :)
@Sambriel (623)
@Traceyjayne funny enough I have never tasted one before. . .
I like parsnips so i might try it in a cake recipe.