Favorite M*A*S*H Characters # 9- Frank Burns.

Banks, Oregon
Coming in at # 9 on my favorite Mash characters series is Major Frank Burns. Frank was always the weasel and, bad guy of the group, but he did have his funny moments and, I even felt bad, for him once, when Margaret dumped him and, started bragging around camp, she was engaged to a cornel. Frank got her back at the end though, talking about a red head and, Margaret said isn't she a little young for you Frank. Frank responded thought some youth would be good for a change Margaret. Frank, Hawkeye and, BJ all busted up laughing as Margaret stormed off. Frank was played by Larry Linville, for 5 seasons, he passed away at age 60. Some information verified at Wikipedia.
@RubyHawk (23467)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I loved mash. I'm not sure I had a favorite They were all good.
Me too, it's my all time favorite show and, yes everyone of them was a great character.
Larry Linville was brilliant in that role. Frank was hilarious.
Yes, he really was perfect for the role and, made for a lot of very funny moments.
@FourWalls (13340)
Larry Linville left the show because Frank was the only character that never progressed. He began as a piece of cardboard, and that's the way he left. It really was a waste of Linville's talents. I remember seeing him on TV shows as a guest star, and he was so much better. I thought the same thing with David White, who played Larry Tate on Bewitched. I didn't know how good an actor he was until I saw him on an episode of Surfside 6. There was so much more to Frank that there could have been. Of course, he was pretty much that way in the movie, too. Love M*A*S*H and love your series!
Sad because he could have and, after the break up of him and, Margaret would have been the perfect opportunity, also thank you.
I always looked at it like this, though. Linville might have wanted Frank to grow, but a man like Frank Burns wouldn't progress. He would be the same throughout his entire life. Besides, if they had developed the character, who else was Margaret going to manipulate? They softened her up over time, but I don't think Frank would have changed. But Linville was absolutely brilliant. I liked Charles, but Frank was a riot.
@teamfreak16 That's true too and, we wouldn't have got to see Charles, which would have been a shame, he's in my top 5.
Yes he help make the show
Yeah, he was great.
I liked the character that he played. Frank Burns was the one who kissed butt and got knocked down a couple of times.
Very well said and, me too, he was a great character and, actor.