MyLot: 5 x 5 Monday Kickstart Challenge

@CoralLevang (29934)
I am always up for an experiment. I have decided to do a 5-by-5 Monday challenge to try to jump start my week and get a few new discussions going those whom I typically follow, but also some new users. Here's how I will work: 1. Pick five myLot users today. My plan is to pick three I know fairly well and two that are completely new to me. 2. Go to each person's profile page and click on their "Discussions," isolating what they have written. Choose five of their most recent discussions to read; right click to bring up five new tabs at a time, and make a thoughtful comment on each of the discussions, closing the tab when you have completed that task. Then go to the second person's, and do the same thing. Do the same for the other three people. 3. Within a few minutes, you will interact with five people, five times, which has the potential to jump start your week. This can be done at any time you choose, but I would like to do this to start my week, just to get into a habit of it and see if this will make a difference in how I interact and learn about some of the people I think I already know, and make new friends. Of course, I will also interact with others, if I have time on the same day, but I will dedicate Mondays for the Kickstart of the week. So, in no particular order, these are the people that I have chosen for the first-ever 5x5 Monday Challenge: 1. @celticeagle 2. @youless 3. @Platespinner 4. @Fleura 5. @besweet If you should choose to join me in this challenge, please make sure you enter these two tags-- 5 x 5 Monday, and Kickstart -- in order for others to find the discussions you join. And please let me know here that you are joining! It will be fun to see if this makes a difference in people's activity each week. Make some new friends, and enjoy the journey! Update: I just finished my 5x5 challenge, which took me 45 minutes. During that time, it appears that I now have 24 notifications waiting for me and it's 6 a.m. We'll see what else happens today!
You must have gotten a good night's rest and because you have woken up on fire with ambition. Good for you.
@CoralLevang (29934)
If you have not yet read some of my other things, then you don't know that I did not sleep at all.
@CoralLevang I wrote this comment prior to reading your layer posts. When I look at new posts, I scroll to where I left off and read in chronological order.
@CoralLevang (29934)
@JohnRoberts I don't keep the notifications, so I am not going to be able to piece it together in chrono order! LOL I do appreciate your posts, btw....so much
@Fleura (5108)
Interesting idea - how are you going to find the new people to choose? Flattered that you chose me!
@CoralLevang (29934)
With the people who already comment from time-to-time, and other names I see, I tried to pick this time people that I am quite familiar (3) and two (2) that I do not know well. I also wanted diversity in area of the world. I'll pick five new next Monday. :-)
I go through the discussions of people I follow in the order they posted the discussions, I do not like to pick up some and let out some others.
@CoralLevang (29934)
I am trying to expand my reading. I have lost out on a lot of folks.
@CoralLevang I follow four out of the five you mentioned and I have already read posts from them this morning. I tend to read only one discussion from the same person to cover as many people as I can.
@CoralLevang (29934)
@LadyDuck I think that for me, it will be nice to get several from one person, so I see a clearer picture of the person. Whatever works for us is best. I just know that one at a time allows me to forget. Hopefully, this will build others up and I'll see some movement.
@LoriAMoore (12097)
That's a cool challenge. Can I "steal" your idea and do it too?
@CoralLevang (29934)
I think that I said that in the discussion!!! OF COURSE!!!!
I remember you did somethingon PP - you picked a person and went back and read every single post they did - I also remember you did me! So you already know way too much about me LOL!
@CoralLevang (29934)
I beg to differ with you! I never have "done" you. Although, you are cute and all! Haha
@CoralLevang then I don have a clue..I would bet the farm it was you.
@CoralLevang (29934)
@AbbyGreenhill it was. I was just trying to make a joke. It obviously bombed
Wow! I am so surprised to see my name here I feel very proud of it
@CoralLevang (29934)
I am happy to have included you.
@CoralLevang I am very lucky
@CoralLevang (29934)
That sounds like a terrific plan. Looks like I am gonna need my laptop and some quiet time from the kids for this. Let's see if I can incorporate this once a week.
@CoralLevang (29934)
Even if someone could do this one new person each day x 5 of their discussions, plus whatever one would do normally. It would help with the interactions, I believe. Whatever works best for people....
@besweet (7348)
• Greece
Thank you so much for the choice! I actually like the idea and I will do my own choices and tags tonight! I will also add the tag "kickstart" with the original to make it more simple for searching!
@CoralLevang (29934)
Perfect!
Time have really flies by. Unfortunately Im not all the time active rnough for that challange. Good luck to you.
@CoralLevang (29934)
Then pick what you can. It took me 45 minutes to do this 25 times, including the setting them up, reading, answering. I find that if I want to do something, I can find a way. If not 5x5...then 3x5....or 3x3..... That's the beauty of it.
interesting idea, I should do a modified version, just pick one new person and read a few things. I already follow many and read everything I can possibly baring time issues of those I follow
@CoralLevang (29934)
I'm trying to keep up with all the notifications on my own discussions, but I don't often get to other people's discussions. That's what I wanted to do so if I can do that one day for the hour I spend, then I can do it like I normally do on the other days and whatever else I feel like doing
@CoralLevang yeah, it is often really hard to keep up with it all! I am days and days behind atm
@CoralLevang (29934)
@Jessicalynnt The nice thing about being behind is it does slow down a bit. LOL At least in my case. I go from $1.50 on one day to $0.25 the next. ROFL
I don't think this challenge would be a very good match for me as I feel I would not get to many others posts each day and I try to usually only read one post of dancing mylotter a day so I can cover more ground across mylot posts. I saw your recent post about this challenge so I know it is going good for you :-)
@CoralLevang (29934)
I'm just doing this once a week. And whether 5x5 or 5x2 or 3x2 or ... orr..... I'm trying to get people to think of ways that they could interact and increase their interaction. That's all. We all have to figure out what works best for us.
@CoralLevang Oh I see once a week wouldn't be too bad. I think I will still stick to my way but I see you have gotten others to join you in this challenge so that is cool :-)
@CoralLevang (29934)
@shaggin This is my own challenge and if people want to join in, then I think that makes the site more active. 'm glad that you have something that works for you! It's all about us helping one another be successful!
@sjvg1976 (12680)
That's great idea. Hope you enjoy the challenge. I don't get much time these days to remain active here.
@CoralLevang (29934)
It doesn't have to be 5x5... try it 3x3 ... That would take about 10 to 12 minutes. It would start some momentum, if you really want it. Thanks for stopping by.
@sjvg1976 (12680)
@CoralLevang Okay let me try it.
@CoralLevang (29934)
@sjvg1976 It's always about finding a way to do what you CAN do, instead of not doing anything at all. :-) I'm proud of you.
@Lubuto (2324)
• Zambia
I like the strategy, i think it can increase interaction. Thank you for sharing.
@CoralLevang (29934)
Thank you. To do that once a week and then the rest of the week I'm going to do what I normally do. That's just going to increase my one day concentration on five people
@Platespinner (15503)
Thanks for the tag, and for including me in your five. My houseguests and I'm about to set my laptop aside to return to reality. I'll try to implement this when I come back to MyLot this evening.
@CoralLevang (29934)
My pleasure! I enjoyed it and look forward to getting to know more!