One account closed for today.

I have this account that I was getting some good home furnishings with. I always paid more on the bill but I never checked the bill. The finance charges are not cool. I might as well use my debit card and buy it. Well, I made another payment today and I just called to close the account. I did that because there are some nice things on that site. But I got the catalog and trashed it. I am doing cash and carry. I rather save up and go to the mall and search clearnace. I would end up spending less. So,that account is now shut down. A few big payments and the interest will fly down. So next month will be one of those big payments. then the following month a little more. I will be a little richer when that account is paid off. I gave up my savings for this account. So, while I do all this I am hoping my walmart samples make my less shopping a good way to pass up on spending money. I feel so much better now that not even temptation could get me toshop there.
Paying cash is the best way of doing it. That way your are paying the amount for the item and not finances charges and fees. I hate that. Giving money to the company that you could have in your pocket.
My friend thinks I'm crazy because I'm closing my account. I'm telling her you live on a fixed income do you know how much money you paid for this item. She doesn't care about that she cares about is getting the item and paying a monthly fee. But you have a mind if you so much money. You would not be shopping like that. But to each his own I'll do me she'll do her. But I'm not shopping like that anymore. I'll keep one account open and I'll pay that bill in full so I don't get no finance charges. And I have been paying Cash & Carry. For the last couple items that I purchased.
@sharon6345 ....Many Americans are this same way. They care about now and not months down the road when their trying to pay all the bills. Cash and carry is best.
@celticeagle I a going to be strapped for a while but it is worth a try.
@Tina30219 (32717)
• Onaway, Michigan
It is always good when the temptation is not there. I know you will be glad when that is all paid off and then one less bill for you
Tina I will be so happy because they will be $40 extra every month in my account.
@Tina30219 (32717)
• Onaway, Michigan
@sharon6345 Awesome I bet you are saying it can't come soon enough
@Tina30219 yes I'm just trying to go broke to pay this bill to get this off my back is going to be so good next month
@besweet (7230)
• Greece
Going to the store can be a good option if you want to save some money. I usually make a list of my needs and then search for the store offers. If you have many accounts, it is easier to spend on them and the bill can build up to a significant amount quickly.
Yes it's going to be made it easy for me to manage it when I kind of close but them. The blessing is that they float that accounts closed now. So I can't use it anymore. Not even for stuff that I want cuz I refuse to open it again. I'm not going to pay finance charges to buy anything anymore
@besweet (7230)
• Greece
@sharon6345 If we have many accounts open, a littlr extra charge from each one can add up. When you have the products easily available online you can also make impulse buys. I am usually shopping in the physical stores because I can take a walk and decide how much I want that item before buying.
@besweet I am going to continue to online shop as I love it. But I'm going to try to use my credit card on my debit card we are I can pay the bill off in full and not have anything
Good job!
You know you always make me happy. I don't know why but I always look forward to see what you have to say. I am so glad sometimes with the comments that you give me. Because I am trying my best. And with you I feel encouraged thank you
@sharon6345 Aw well you are welcome! I always love reading what you post!
@NJChicaa thank you very
Its good to pay big bills like that it feels great when they are out of the way. I got rid of all my store cards as the interest is crazy on them.
I wish my daughter would just listen to me for once in her life and cancels degon it cards
@shivamani10 (11131)
• Hyderabad, India
Money is meant for spending only. We should enjoy what we earn . This is what I leant. Earn and enjoy.
Yes I agree but not in those expensiveyes I agree but not in those expensive fees
So you are happy that you closed your account. Than that is a good thing.
I am very happy. But Judy what will make me even happier. Is next year when I have that bill off my back. Cuz that's going to be $40 extra a month in my pocket