Possum at my back door

My cats started going crazy at the back storm door. The light is on so it was very easy for me to see that there was a juvenile possum here sitting on the back railing. I was surprised to see it so close to the house with the light on and activity so close to the door. My husband got right up to the door and even opened it to take pictures and the thing wasn't disturbed at all. I was sure that it would run away. Nope. Next thing I knew it was head first in my recycle container next to the door licking the last little bits of ground turkey from the containers that I put in there today. The cats were still going nuts at the back door and it didn't care at all. It is now going through the compost bowl that I keep on the back railing and eating what it likes in that. Whatever.
Doesn't sound he is too scared of anybody or anything.
No. I asked my husband if he thought that it was rabid. He said no. He's nocturnal and young.
@NJChicaa oh ok. Well sounds like he should be full and happy by the time he leaves lol
@Happy2BeMe As long as the thing doesn't tangle with my cats (which are inside at the moment), I don't care if it is around in my yard.
Possums creep me out.
This little guy was kind of cute.
I never forget the day I threw garbage out and the garbage can and saw that thing in the garbageperiod i holiday scream like it was the end of the world those things freak me out. That is the main reason why it was so hard to find me an apartment A couple of years ago. I refuse to move it to a private house where had to throw my garbage in the backyardperiod when I moved was moving from him I kept looking for buildings that had garbage Chute so I don't have to worry about that. Those things freak me out big-time
they are more afraid of you than you are of them.
Are those things dangerous? Camt say Ive actuallyever seen one. At least you have the Guard Cats!
when I lived in Tustin we had am elderly possum come down form the hills to upset our garbage can and eat what he wanted. I felt sorry for him so left him a plate of scraps each oight amd e came and ate it
I've known that something has been going through the compost bowl. I thought it was the squirrels.
@RubyHawk (30532)
• Atlanta, Georgia
That's neat. We used to have wild animals come up to our house. Now we live in an apartment and have to go to the country to see them.
we normally don't get anything like that because the houses are so close together.