Remember! A small Scar And God's Love!

I woke up this morning and like many others I look at the top of my right hand. You might ask why but for me it is an ever present reminder of a 3 year old child who was protected from having their own way. As a small child, like many other small children, I liked to have my way. A day came when my older brother was told to load up the bikes for a journey north we were taking. After everything was loaded, I decided I wanted to ride my Tricycle. Being a stubborn child I struggled and finally had it almost off the truck. My brother came just in time because the sharp metal edge of the back cross bar came down on my hand and sliced it open. Now I was screaming in pain. He proceeded to get my father, load my bike back on the truck and ride with me to get stitches at the Doctors office. This reminds me that what I want is not always best for me but also that God loves me. My stubborn desires were not a 'deal breaker' for him. Consider the constant reminder I have. It will forever make my hand with a scar. The size reminds me of how little I was then and how much I have grown. It also reminds me that God doesn't spare us pain because we can't learn without it. It also is not the end of the line because something is painful. Do you have a scar that reminds you of God's love when you were not listening to what was best for you?
@Hari101 (1132)
• Chennai, India
I have so many scars both in my heart and body. At that time I was not familiar with riding a bike but I wish to ride with my friend. My mom told me that don't go to the heavy traffic area but we both went and while crossing the road junction, we have met with an accident. For me, little scratches but my friend got injured heavily, each and every time crossing that place reminds me of that incident. From this I have learned that doing mistakes not only hurt us, it also hurts our loved ones.
@Hari101 As true as it comes! My Gambling Addiction was and is one of those many lessons.
@Hari101 (1132)
• Chennai, India
@Berniezeitler Yeah, it's okay. Mistakes are a part of the learning process.
@atoz1to10 (6817)
Hope your friend is OK now.
Only mental ones.:)
@JudyEv The mental ones are far more difficult because they come back to the front of our thoughts when we are challenged the most.
Thank you for this one!!! You are so right that the pain we must endure is a teachable moment from God. I have a C-Section scar that is 7-inches long. Due to kidney disease, I was advised to not have children. Due to being so ill for so long, God decided, "She can either die or this child will save her." Our son, our only child, saved my life. Without him, I would not be here. I worked so hard to get well because I had this baby that needed me. I did get well.
@atoz1to10 (6817)
Wow, you still remember this incident... So did you behave after this? Now you have a story to tell your children and grandchildren. I don't have a scar of God's love, but I do have a scar on my right foot when playing chasing with friends on a concrete..
@atoz1to10 (6817)
@Berniezeitler Oh, sorry to hear about your brother. He didn't die on that day did he?
@atoz1to10 No it was about a year later. There is a lesson in God's love there too.
@atoz1to10 (6817)
@Berniezeitler Sorry to hear about your brother..
@UncleJoe (11390)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
Yes, but most of mine are on my heart. Choosing my way over His allowed it to be broken.
@UncleJoe I have those too. This one just stands out because it is visible to all even through the wrinkles of time. Over the years I've been asked about it more than once. It opens the door to sharing His story.
@UncleJoe (11390)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
@Berniezeitler I too have a scar all the way across my left palm. As I was learning to walk about 71 years ago I tried to steady myself by putting it against a glowing hot wood heater. Not much of a conversation piece but I learned a good lesson. LOL