It's more bother than its worth.

@xFiacre (10507)
Ireland
The weeks leading up to a holiday can be very stressful, or I find them so. I spend more time preparing my work situation for my short absence  than I spend on being away. So many arrangements have to be in place and it's up to me to make all those arrangements. It's not till I'm away that the stress levels start to recede like the waters of the flood, and by the time the holiday is over I'm just about ready to enjoy myself. I should really grant myself a good long break, four weeks or so. A week to wind down followed by a week of pleasure then two weeks of worrying about how work will be surviving without me.
@DWDavis (11146)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
You are due for a nice long sabbatical. As a teacher, if it weren't for the summer break, me and most of my colleagues wouldn't be able to make a career out of teaching. Even the most dedicated teachers would burn out and quit without a nice long break to mentally, physically, and emotionally recover.
I have the best of both worlds as I'm retired no longer have to worry about work so my life is like one long vacation
@1creekgirl (8780)
I had some stress at work, especially the last year before I retired, but most of the time I actually looked forward to going back after a vacation. I know, my co-workers thought I was crazy too. Are you getting ready for a vacation or just coming back?
@xFiacre (10507)
@1creekgirl I'm going to Sicily next week
A week is never long enough to unwind. I like your idea!
@PatZAnthony (11813)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
A good long break sounds nice!
I would hate that responsibility. Iam so sensitive to stress I would be sick. I hope you get a nice break at some point and can enjoy your time away. It sounds like you deserve it.
@pgntwo (21766)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
Measure a holiday as the time needed to forget your computer password, or to forget the code to deactivate the office alarm... :)
@prinzcy (5082)
It's a necessary arrangement or a holiday won't be much of a holiday. At least I feel that way. I need to make sure everything is as perfect as it can before I can leave and enjoy myself. If not I would keep thinking about it throughout my holiday.
I can understand that a week is hardly long enough to even stop thinking about what you've left.