Neighbors to be Thankful for

grandsons  car
@RubyHawk (21636)
Atlanta, Georgia
I wrote a discussion Sunday night I think it was that would not submit. I have no idea why not, but anyway what I wrote about was our helpful neighbors. We had been out and came home the middle of the afternoon, everything was fine or so far as we knew. In the middle of the night our door bell started ringing. Now we never have drop ins in the middle of the night. It was a little unsettling but my better half went to the door and there were our good neighbors. They had just gotten home and saw I had left the car lights on. You can bet I rushed out to turn them off. We were sure the car wouldn't start the next morning, but it did start right up. No problem. That's why I love our neighbors. They are so nice and helpful. In fact that is the reason we have lived here so long. We might not be this lucky again.
That is nice my neighbors are nice like that as well. I'm in the one time I left my keys in the door. At my neighbor's right not there to remind me. It was 6 p.m. for the evening I had not eaten for the day. My neighbor knocked on my door with a plated dinner.
@RubyHawk (21636)
• Atlanta, Georgia
Yes, she is a good neighbor.
Good neighbours are worth their weight in gold. They were probably anxious to get in out of the cold too.
@RubyHawk (21636)
• Atlanta, Georgia
i know they were but they stayed until we answered the door bell.
Good neighbors are a blessing.
@RubyHawk (21636)
• Atlanta, Georgia
They really are.
@sunrisefan (17117)
Neighbors are often a blessing unless you happen to have one who is a thief :) There's a saying in our place which goes this way : "Better to have a neighbor who is a witch than one who is a thief". Lucky you, my friend!
@RubyHawk (21636)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I believe that. Once when we were moving we had a neighbor that stole from us.
@sunrisefan (17117)
@RubyHawk Same with us. More than a year ago whose son tried to pry open the windows of our neighbor (a teacher/daughter of our former officemate) and whose boarder also stole some things from us. Good thing they're now gone.
@RubyHawk (21636)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@sunrisefan We don't need those kinds of neighbors.
@KrauseHome (34986)
Even though no one likes to be wakened at night, this was for a good reason and not many neighbors would care enough to want to so something like this. So you are Blessed.
• Marion, Kansas
If you ever try to submit a discussion and you are on the earnings page it will not submit, I have found to my chagrin. Yes, you have good neighbors. Some would have hesitated to disturb you to tell you this.
You really do live in the right place with helpful neighbors like that. We have really good neighbors too. When all look out for each other, all feel more secure.
@RubyHawk (21636)
• Atlanta, Georgia
We are lucky. I read sad tales about some neighbors.
It is nice when you have good neighbors, but that isn't always the case.
@RubyHawk (21636)
• Atlanta, Georgia
it isn't always the case. Some neighbors can be thieves.
It is great to have such nice neighbors. They must not know your phone number to call you though?