My home town in Pennsylvania got killed with snow

@ramapo17 (24114)
Melbourne, Florida
Todays blizzard is leaving so much snow in many areas and I am so happy we went south and missed the huge amount of snow. The Pocono Mountains were hit really bad and are still having more coming down. So far they have almost 30 inches of snow where I lived. When we were still living there we had a big storm like that but not as much as 30 inches. It took us days to get the walkways and driveway cleaned up. We didn't have a tractor but we had a push snowplow. I kind of miss those days. Great exercise.
The trouble is that 'great exercise' when we were younger becomes 'extreme exertion' as we age.
@ramapo17 (24114)
• Melbourne, Florida
You are right @JudyEv. Just talking about all the things we did when we were young can take my breathe away. Sometimes when I look back I think how crazy I use to be.
@ramapo17 I'm sure many of us used to get so much done in a day or a week. It's a bit sad really to realise how much we've slowed down.
@ramapo17 (24114)
• Melbourne, Florida
@JudyEv Luckily the house doesn't get dirty or messy with just the two of us.
• Bangalore, India
Hope things turn better
@ramapo17 (24114)
• Melbourne, Florida
Did you ever see snow?
• Bangalore, India
@ramapo17 many a times madam
• Bangalore, India
@abhinalstrikr but the blessed part of it
There are more fun ways to exercise than shoveling snow - which can kill by the way! The Poconos is a place where it should snow!
@ramapo17 (24114)
• Melbourne, Florida
@AbbyGreenhill You are right. That is where the winters come alive with all the winter sports. We lived right near Shawnee on the Delaware and so many winter sports. My daughter and I had my 3 year old grandson on ski's there. He liked the ride up the mountain better than skiing.
@ramapo17 I don't miss the snow at all. We get a big kick out of the southerners panicking when we get six snow flakes. I was never one for winter - I hate being cold.
@ramapo17 (24114)
• Melbourne, Florida
@AbbyGreenhill I always loved all the winter sweaters and clothing. I loved sleigh riding with lots of people on the big hills in front of our house. Everyone would get on the sleds at the top of our street and ride all the way down 2 blocks right in front of my house.
@PatZAnthony (12663)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
Does anyone really miss the days of snow once they don't have to deal with it? We have no love for the winter season here and hope there will be no more snow here this season.
@ramapo17 (24114)
• Melbourne, Florida
I really miss the snow and brisk cold air. I am a weird one. I did get a chance to visit up north for Christmas and we had snow twice while I was there. I loved it.
@PatZAnthony (12663)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
@ramapo17 Some just do love it. And then there's me.
@ramapo17 (24114)
• Melbourne, Florida
@PatZAnthony That is what makes the world interesting. Different people with different likes and dislikes. How boring it would be if we all liked and did the same thing. We would be robots.
@UncleJoe (9971)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
Shoveling snow was as much fun as splitting cords and cords of firewood with an 8 pound axe and a 10 pound mall. I don't think I could live through either now.
@ramapo17 (24114)
• Melbourne, Florida
@UncleJoe We use to split wood also for our fireplace. I loved my fireplace. I am also glad I don't have one now.
@UncleJoe (9971)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
@ramapo17 I split and sold it by the pickup load as sort of a third job. I had a family to feed.
@ramapo17 (24114)
• Melbourne, Florida
@UncleJoe There is nothing in the winter like the smell of a burning fireplace.
@responsiveme (16500)
Lots of news about snow fall.Never seen snow like that in my neck of the woods.
@ramapo17 (24114)
• Melbourne, Florida
@responsiveme You don't know what you are missing. Do you want me to toss you a snowball?
@Freelanzer (9007)
That is a lot of snow. Wish you all the best. Great that fyou were able to get away.
@ramapo17 (24114)
• Melbourne, Florida
Did you get any snow in Canada last weekend?
I came from South Dakota at age 29 and never went back had my fill of snow and below zero cold temps now In Calfornia and here I stay lol lol
@ramapo17 (24114)
• Melbourne, Florida
I always loved a good snow storm. I love the smell in the air and the beauty of the crisp white snow but as I got older I don't like the shoveling and work it takes to clean up after a big storm. Funny how age changes our whole way of thinking @Hatley.
I also miss the snow since I've been living down south