Southern Rock Bands

@Dena91 (4082)
Another southern rock band that I love is the Charlies Daniels Band. Charlie Daniels began his career in the 1950's. He is multi talented, playing various instruments, singer, song writer and actor. He's been inducted into the Musicians Hall of Fame, the Country Music Hall of Fame and The Grand Old Opry. He has won grammy's for his work. He wrote "It Hurts Me" which was recorded by Elvis. He played with the Marshall Tucker Band in the early 70's. His hits include Long Haired Country Boy, The Souths Going To Do It Again, Still In Saigon, In America, Sweet Louisiana, and his biggest hit The Devil Went Down To Georgia. picture from google images
Johnny blew away the devil with his fiddling Fire on the Mountain.
• Portland, Connecticut
I love Charlie Daniels and went to one of his concerts years ago, the pot smoke was so heavy I was high for two hours I swear lol
@Dena91 (4082)
I felt that same way at an Aerosmith concert.
• Portland, Connecticut
@Dena91 Sometimes it is just worth being high for two hours lol
@Dena91 (4082)
@BelleStarr except for the next day when I felt
@FourWalls (12531)
Thanks for the inspiration to do a southern rock countdown!!! I like Charlie, and he'll be on my countdown, but I was furious when they put him in the Country Hall of Fame last year. Southern rock and country are NOT the same genre.
@Dena91 (4082)
I agree with you
Charlie Daniels really is a talent! I do love country music, usually the more current stuff, but old songs are good too.
@LeaPea2417 (18607)
• Toccoa, Georgia
That is a good band.