Why do people think saying pray about it is good for everything.

I am not all that religious, to be honest. I joined a church and I enjoyed it most of the time I went. I stopped going as I had questions that I knew would not be answered there. I also saw some very religious people suffer in life that I could not think of. I know it's different for everyone but I wanted to know why people think saying pray about it is a remedy for something someone is dealing with. I am sure at least once person knows a praying person who's prayers were not answered. I just think in my case it would be nice to find a way to let people I know stop saying it. Like there are some that won't say Merry Christmas to some. Well, pray about it is like that to me. I pray whenI get ready but I am not going to be all prayed up knowing it's just not going to happen for me. I get blessed in my life but I am not going to allow myself to get sucked into thinking it was a prayer that gave it to me. I hope you understand and don't think I want you to stop praying. Please do as you wish. it's your prayer after all. One of the hardest things for me was watching a woman who was basically born again. Surround herself with the church. She had cancer and suffered a horrible few years. She went to chemo and also almost lost her house. She ran out of money and all. All the church members prayed night and day for her. Over her along with her. Not one prayer was answered. This was a woman that would give anything to anyone. Treated everyone like a child of God's She spoke with such a sweet voice. But she lost it all in the end. And you sit back and watch people that are selfish, greedy get it all. People that will smile i your face while your hungry and homeless. Get it all. I just lost a lot of what I had felt after watching her struggle. I prayed that she did not suffer on her way to where her soul went. As I have no proof of where we go after death. let each religion tell it who really knows. I am glad her struggle is over though.
I do not understand why anyone has to suffer in life. I wish I had an answer for you but I do not. To many homeless people. To many people going to bed hungry. Those things should not be happening at all.
And you hear people saying I will pray for you. Whynot offer a sandwich what is prayer going to do for a hungry child. I don't know. I agree with your comment. Thanks Judy.
@sharon6345 A prayer will not feed that person at that moment.
@jstory07 Nope not at all.
I don't believe in any of that. No religion for me.
I think that is ok as well. Thanks as always.
@marsha32 (6689)
Not all prayers are answered with what we ask for in the prayers. It is a mighty hard thing to understand, that is for sure. God's will is not our own. Sometimes we can see later why a certain prayer didn't get answered the way we asked and see the blessing in that, but sometimes we always wonder why. In other words, I don't think anyone has a right or wrong answer to your question.
I think you did a very good job with your answer. Thanks.
@RubyHawk (29375)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I look at religion the same way, and it makes me wonder when someone has a problem and says God took care of me. then we see little children abused and even worse. I would be ashamed to say God took care of me when he let little children suffer and sick people suffer untold pain. I don't hold religion in high esteem. We live and we suffer and die in our own good time.
That is a wonderful comment. I sit back and think back to when I was raped and ask myself where was god when I was screaming for help. I guess I am rather blessed because I refuse to believe that someone I can't see watched me beg for help and thought I would overcome that on my own. I guess those people won't be answering my post. One man that raped me right after I had an operation did it to another young girl and she came forward. I was happy to find he got 20 years for that. I only wish I was not ashamed to come forward because he deserved more time.