Mouth reacts before Brain.....

New Delhi, India
We often come across such situations, where mouth says things before our brain can even register it. I think dealing with words is very important, we must think before we speak, is it kind? is it necessary? is it true? Words spoken have a longing impact one people's heart. I think, we need learn to choose words wisely.
@dpk262006 (56115)
Your discussion reminds me of a saying - "Words are our slave, till we speak them, once we have spoken words, we become slaves of words" It is, therefore, we should be very careful while speaking. Slip of tongue could prove costly and embarrassing for us. I try to control myself but sometimes I realize that I speak something, which could have been avoided. What about you?
• New Delhi, India
Exactly, I prefer and try to control, but sometimes I do say certain things that i shouldn't have said. But I think, its the problem with most of the people now a days because we react quick. And yes, the quote that you mentioned, I would agree to it 100%
@dpk262006 (56115)
@Rekhanshi Yes, sometimes we give very quick reaction without understanding the matter. If we could control our emotional outburst and could keep some amount of patience, we would be in a better position. Thanks for agreeing with my quote.
You are so right. Sometimes, I say a word but my intention was to say another. WHen that happens I say sorry, it's not what I should be saying but the other word.
• New Delhi, India
I think it's a very common problem we all face. We all say things that we actually didn't mean to.
@pammooratan (4684)
Yes thus is called slipping of tounge.
• New Delhi, India
But slip of tongue should be avoided, as words do damage people that is beyond repair.
@Rekhanshi Yes arrow from a bow and talk of mouth can't be reversed.
• New Delhi, India
@pammooratan Agreed totally
@prinzcy (5063)
That's why it is important to think before we speak. I don't agree with the saying, words can't hurt us. It actually cut deeper than physical wounds. You can heal from physical wounds but it's hard to treat emotional wounds. Some might never forget.
• New Delhi, India
I would agree to every single word you wrote.
Good or bad invariably it is not what we intend to say.
• New Delhi, India
Yes! I do agree
@Bodyandbrain (13815)
• Gurgaon, India
Of course we should choose words wisely.
@Linda1234 (4769)
• Houston, Texas
That is true many people have this problem.