All Good Things Must Come To An End.

By Gill
@Gillygirl (17282)
Sutton, England
Husband and I got back from our mini break to the coast late this afternoon. We were so lucky with the weather as every day the temperatures were above average for the time of the year. Yesterday the husband had a bright red face from the sun. I was okay as I applied sun block. Whilst enjoying the mild climate I saw the bad weather conditions in both Canada and the USA. I hope mylotters in these areas were not affected by the snow storms. Although I managed to do a little mylotting whilst I was away, I have 150 notifications to work through. Then I need to catch up with other user's discussions. I I will write more about my trip once I've done this. Hope you have all had a great week. The photo is of the garden in front of the cottage we rented for a few days.
I can't see a photo. :-(
@Gillygirl (17282)
• Sutton, England
I hadn't shrunk the file size of the photo. Have done it now.
@Gillygirl I can see it now. The daffodils in our garden need some more days until they open. Snowbells and crocuses are already blooming.
@Gillygirl (17282)
• Sutton, England
@MALUSE It is lovely to se everything busting into life. Some of our daffodils have nearly finished. There is a lovely japonica in the garden but it hasn't come out very well in the photo.
@Beatburn (3912)
... until another good thing comes. How long did you stay?
@Gillygirl (17282)
• Sutton, England
We stayed four days it was booked at the last minute as the weather forecast was good. Hop something else that is good comes along soon.
@Beatburn (3912)
@Gillygirl It will come soon. I'm sure you enjoyed your stay.
@Gillygirl (17282)
• Sutton, England
@Beatburn We certainly did and hope to go somewhere nice in the summer. Haven't decided where yet.
Yeah. Nothing lasts forever.
@Gillygirl (17282)
• Sutton, England
I would have liked to have stayed longer.
@Gillygirl I can imagine. Do you have plans to come back there?
@Gillygirl (17282)
• Sutton, England
@TheInvisibleMan We probably will as it is only a 90 minute drive away.
I'm glad you had a good vacation. Lovely picture.
@Gillygirl (17282)
• Sutton, England
Thank you the weather was summer like. It's grey and cloudy here today. I wish I could rewind back to Monday.
@Gillygirl We have gray and cloudy as well. We had a nice week here.
Beautiful view! Where abouts did you go? Hope your week is going well.
@Gillygirl (17282)
• Sutton, England
We stayed in a village called Meads, just outside of Eastbourne, East Sussex. Got home today.
That must have been wonderfully relaxing.
@Gillygirl (17282)
• Sutton, England
It was, I feel quite refreshed now. We came home on the right day as the weather is about to turn now. Have you been affected by snow?
@Gillygirl I am in the Caribbean - a bit chilly here, but lots of sunshine.
@Gillygirl (17282)
• Sutton, England
@Kandae11 I am silly sometimes. My head is a bit addled at the moment. I'd love to visit the Caribbean.
That sure went by fast. Glad the weather was good.
@Gillygirl (17282)
• Sutton, England
It went too fast, I could have done with a few more days. However the weather is going to become unsettled now.
@Gillygirl Then it is best you are home safe and sound.
@Gillygirl (17282)
• Sutton, England
@AbbyGreenhill I guess so. Have you been affected by the bad weather I've been seeing on the news here?
I love that lush green garden and the flowers. That's another reason why I love being in Florida for the winter. Welcome home from your getaway and looking forward to hear more about it. Glad you had lovely weather!
@Gillygirl (17282)
• Sutton, England
Thank you the weather was amazing for this time of the year, especially yesterday.
@Gillygirl Welcome home!!!
@Gillygirl (17282)
• Sutton, England
@DianneN Thank you, the skies are grey today so it was a good time to return home.
Welcome back! Beautiful picture! I look forward to reading about all your mini vacation.
@Gillygirl (17282)
• Sutton, England
Thank you we had a lovely time. There is a better photo on my husband's camera but he takes about a year to put them on the computer lol.
@Gillygirl lol It reminds me of a quote I read "When a man says he will do something he will do it. There is no need to remind him every 6 months."
@Gillygirl (17282)
• Sutton, England
@FayeHazel (17981)
I don't see the photo, but I'm happy you had a nice time :-)
@Gillygirl (17282)
• Sutton, England
I hadn't reduced the file size. It's there now lol.
@FayeHazel (17981)
@Gillygirl That's better... I see it now - wow flowers up already?
@Gillygirl (17282)
• Sutton, England
@FayeHazel There were quite a few throughout the village and town.
@pammooratan (4686)
Nice pic..thanks for enjoying. . alot.
@Gillygirl (17282)
• Sutton, England
Thank you I did enjoy it a lot and now I'm enjoying mylot :)
@garymarsh6 (14062)
Glad you had a nice few days away. The weather was quite warm luckily for us eh!
@Gillygirl (17282)
• Sutton, England
Thank you Gary. The weather was glorious. Wednesday was like a summers day.
@garymarsh6 (14062)
@Gillygirl Yes 20C while I was at work. We even had to put the aircon on as it was stifling. Its been a mad week Gilly.
@Gillygirl (17282)
• Sutton, England
@garymarsh6 Certainly is, my husband lol had a red conk on Wednesday. I wanted a couple of extra days but the weather was set to turn but it's still really nice. Oh well there will be a next time.
@Ronrybs (7299)
• London, England
While it has been rather nice just lately, you're a bit bolder than me. I wouldn't take a trip to the coast yet!
@Gillygirl (17282)
• Sutton, England
It was lovely. Wednesday in particular was glorious and we sat on the sea front for ages. It was strange to be wearing jeans and a tee shirt. We went to a nice pub called the Cuckmere Inn afterwards and had lunch in the garden.
@Ronrybs (7299)
• London, England
@Gillygirl So far today, Friday, is shaping up to be a another good 'un
@Gillygirl (17282)
• Sutton, England
@Ronrybs Yes I've been sitting in the garden for a while. No bare arms though. It's supposed to rain later but no sigh of rain clouds yet.
Ahh we had a blizzard here while you were enjoying this beautiful weather! I always burn bad at the beginning of the summer but towards the end my body has adjusted and I don't burn any longer.
@Gillygirl (17282)
• Sutton, England
I remember seeing it on the news whilst we were away. I will have to be careful this year as I didn't have much time out in the sun last year due to being ill.
@Gillygirl I have a light case of solar urticaria. So I get gives from the sun often.
@Gillygirl (17282)
• Sutton, England
@shaggin That must be painful.
Welcome back! I hope you had a delightful and relaxing time. Tell hubby that sunblock can be used by men too!
@Gillygirl (17282)
• Sutton, England
It was very relaxing. Thanks, I did try to get hubby to put some sun block on but he wouldn't listen. Lol he had a bright red conk.
@Gillygirl my husband will wear his ballcap to cover his head. When it becomes too hot to wear it, he "sometimes" will ask me to put sunblock on his solar panel. He made the mistake a couple of times not using it and suffered as a result.
@Gillygirl (17282)
• Sutton, England
@ElusiveButterfly Sometimes men don't listen lol. I was running a bath earlier. I was doing something so asked hubby to switch the taps off. He said yes. A few minutes later I went into the bathroom and was just in time to stop the bath from over flowing.
@DaddyEvil (24758)
• Aurora, Missouri
Hmmm..... yes, I was more than ready for you to come back, Gillian! I do recognize some of the plants growing in that yard. Of course the Daffodils and amongst them what appears to be Lamb's ear (the silvery green plants), then I believe I see Tulip leaves sprouting on the backside of the front bed, maybe Bulgaria as the dark green edging (I can't blow the picture up enough to identify it positively, so could be mistaken.) and I think there are mums growing on the right side of your photo. I tried to see the leaves and flowers on the trees in the background but they wouldn't blow up well enough for me to tell what they were. I am happy to have you back on myLot!
@Gillygirl (17282)
• Sutton, England
There is a japonica which is lovely. I didn't know the silvery plants are lamb's ear. I now have a better photo so I'll add it here.
@DaddyEvil (24758)
• Aurora, Missouri
@Gillygirl Yeah, it is beautiful, but Japonica is not a name I recognize. The Missouri Extension Center says I have seen it before, but that was several years ago. It must not have made a good impression on me at the time. I can't see anything else I recognize in that photo, either. Hmmm.... were you on myLot last spring, early summer? I posted a discussion about my outside plants... You might recognize some of them. (I also used to have a discussion up about my indoor plants, too. It was deleted when I was forced off myLot last March.) Do you have a green thumb? I joke with people that my green thumbs start at my shoulders! LMAO! This is a lovely photo, as well! Thank you for showing me!
@Gillygirl (17282)
• Sutton, England
@DaddyEvil You are welcome! In England we say green fingers lol. Mine don't start from my shoulders lol. I will look for your indoor plants. The Japonica is also know as a Quince Japonica if that rings any bells
• Bangalore, India
Congratulations for safe returns,hope you join us soon
@Gillygirl (17282)
• Sutton, England
Thank you I am back and currently mylotting.
• Bangalore, India
@Gillygirl photos are lovely
@Gillygirl (17282)
• Sutton, England
@abhinalstrikr Thank you.
• Preston, England
glad you had such an enjoyable break
@Gillygirl (17282)
• Sutton, England
It made a nice refreshing change and there were some nice pubs which hubby used in the late afternoon.
• Preston, England
@Gillygirl the pubs would have been a big draw for me too lol
@Gillygirl (17282)
• Sutton, England
@arthurchappell A place called the Dewdrop Inn was his favourite.
That's quite a pretty garden - and you have quite a bit of catching up to do.
@Gillygirl (17282)
• Sutton, England
It was pretty, there was an orange japonica but didn't come out well in the photo. I am still going through notifications and hope to make some head way today.
@Gillygirl Japonicas are very lovely.
@Gillygirl (17282)
• Sutton, England
@JudyEv We had one in the garden of our first house. I would like another but our garden is very well stocked.
Ahh if only people would stop using those sunscreens which make the skin layers so susceptible to damaging rays that are actually enhanced by the chemical components, not diffused . . .
@Gillygirl (17282)
• Sutton, England
I have to protect my skin as it is fair and prone to burning. What would you suggest?
@Gillygirl a natural oil like olive or walnut that is free of chemicals BUT for some that can add to burning since you are fair skinned so a little shea butter underneath the olive oil could be the key ! I just know that in more cases of people using sunscreens the skin suffers because the chemicals are just too concentrated and cannot dissolve as they should, but with natural oils the barrier is there without dangerous absorption