I Felt Like Giving Up

For the past 3 weeks , our high school batchmates would meet at the house of the president of our batch. We are practicing our group’s dance for our homecoming on May. We practice after office hours, 6:00 in the evening onwards, once a week. So last night, I practiced with them again for the 3rd time . Oh my, I really cannot perfect that step where the feet and the hands works together. I begged them , I will already back out because I cannot do that step. But they won’t let me , instead the choreographer taught us step by step , feet first , then the hands next. I got it. However, when they are danced together, I really can’t do it right again. Well, let’s see tonight , because we will again have our practice again. I prayed hard for God to help me get that difficult step already . Good thing, I am one of those at the back . Oh my! It's hard to memorize a dance when one is already aging.
Lol! Practice makes perfect. Keep practicing, even when home.
@SIMPLYD Good luck! You will do well!
@DianneN Thank you.
@ilocosboy (33307)
Ha ha you can do it, sont worry it does not matter either you can dance it right or not, what is important is you're there.
Yes, that's what they told me. I arrived late at the practice. The choreographer have simplified the steps that is intricate. Then , he added a new formation as we dance because they went to the school auditorium and saw how big the stage is, so he has to conform to the size of the stage. Gosh, I am confused again. ha ha ha
@ilocosboy (33307)
@SIMPLYD ha ha, its gonna be a good presentation from your batch, don't worry.
@ilocosboy Thank you.
Just keep practicing. You will get it.
Thank you. We will be doing that starting next week and the music will be sent to our phone so we can practice at home.
@SIMPLYD thsy is great then. By the time the day arrives you will have mastered it.
@Happy2BeMe Thank you for your encouragin words.
You are not the easily giving up kind. So what's the issue now. Give your self some time and you will get it before you know it.
Thank you. Our gay batchmate from elementary , since at high school we are already all girls, said that if I will not join, he will not join anymore also. ha ha ha I hope I really can get the dance. The music will be sent to our phones this week so we can practice at home. The music is Fame by Irene Cara.
@SIMPLYD May be you could also have a video clip of how your trainer dances. That is how mostly learn the steps.
@allknowing Yes, that will be done this week when the steps will be finaliIzed. That's because our batch as 3 danecs and nearimg h end of our Legazpi grp. the Manila based and the International grp. will already dance all together.
@amandajay (17826)
• Sri Lanka
Haha.. Dont worry. You can do it...
Thank you. I am really hoping I will finally get it specially when they will be sending us our copy of the music Fame , in our cellphones. By then, I can practice at home.
@amandajay (17826)
• Sri Lanka
@SIMPLYD oh thats nice. Dance infront of the mirror... Thats the best way to practice alone
@amandajay I will do that when the music is finally uploaded on our cellphones.
@ridingbet (38163)
if you have a dancing feet, then there won't be a problem, my lady. like me who is more accustomed to folk dancing, i can still carry a step of modern dance ( as we call it before), because i walk light.
I am actually a disco goer . However, at the disco you can just dance the way you can do it, not those like pageant dance. The music is Fame.
@ridingbet (38163)
@SIMPLYD Fame is indeed a danceable song, with the pointing of fingers up, like John Travolta in Grease and Saturday Night Fever. i was also a disco goer during my staff nurse years here, but eventually, my dancing skills waned down when the discos here stopped operating. i also still preferred folk dances. hehehe!
@ridingbet Yes . And our Fame song is the new version and very danceable beat video from You Tube. Really you are a fold dancer.
@Sreekala (18795)
Practice makes you perfect. We also performed a dance form from our native and some co-members felt the same way like you. But slowly they picked up and did well. All we need patience to do practice again and again. Don't give up
Oh really! So I am not alone, that's a consolation. And another consolation, my other batchmate also cannot do the steps well also. ha ha ha
@Sreekala (18795)
@SIMPLYD We become slow to earn anything after a particular age. But we need constant practice to make us perfect.
@Sreekala I understand that. When I was younger, I can easily memorize and mimic the steps. But not anymore.
• Zamboanga City, Philippines
i know u can do it, 1% talent will do coz u have 99% effort :) may luck be yours
wow, really! Thank you for the encouraging words, kababayan!
• Zamboanga City, Philippines
@SIMPLYD always welcome
I hope you are able to figure out the dance step so you do not have to back out.
I promised myself to really pay attention whenever we are practicing . And I also have to memorize the music so I can dance well to the music. It's too late to back out.
@LoriAMoore (10170)
Oh I love to dance!
I also love to dance but not those so intricate ones. What he taught us are what he calls , pageant moves.
@epiffanie (8339)
Oh I'm sure you will get it all together .. enjoy! ..
Thank you. I really hope so too.
@PatZAnthony (11812)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
Being in the back will make it easier for you too b/c you might now feel anyone is watching you. Hope it all comes together soon.
Yes, that's what they told me. But I am not alone though that I cannot yet get it right. There is another one. ha ha ha
• Trinidad And Tobago
Well good luck on your dance. I am surprised that you are 'forced' to stay when you are having so much difficulty. Usually, I am not talented either...and I find the pressure unbearable. You are right... with age you feel you just can't keep up. But you seem to have supportive people, so hang in there!
That's because our group is only 12 from amongst the at least 30 Legazpi City based batchmates. So, they told me not to. Anyway, it will still be on May. I am hopeful.
I was never good at memorizing a dance either. Hope this all works out. Being in the back is a good place to be, in my opinion.
That is true , because I won't be much seen by the audience. Well, we still have the whole April and half of March to practice.
You can try practicing at home.
Practice makes perfect - or so they say - good luck.
Yes, I know. And I am hopeful , that I will get it by more practice. We still have more than a month to practice.
@sjvg1976 (14714)
When you dance in a group it's not easy as whole thing has to be synchronized. Practice ...Practice..you will earn and do it perfectly.
That is true. We will now be practicing at least twice a week Our performance will be on May 7.
Do not worry there is still plenty of time before the performance day, you have time to learn.
Actually yes. We will now be practicing twice a week, starting next week.
Hope you will be able to memorize it. I probably wouldn't be good with this either.
I guess, for men it's understandable that they aren't good in dancing. But for women, it seems it is expected that they will be able to learn how to. ha ha ha
@Morleyhunt (16802)
I always seem to be a step behind everyone else in that kind of routine...or I go left when everyone else goes right...
And that is what I am. When their arm is down , my arm will be up. ha ha ha