ACTIVE MYLOT MINDS ON THE MOVE.

Image by pixabay.
Yes - you are only as good as your last successful post, therefore active Mylot minds will keep churning out post after post hoping that the next one will be a hit - not a miss. Sometimes it is hard to tell what will catch the fancy of the reader. Will it be a post about how much money you can earn? - I know such posts are popular - or food, politics, music, relationships , adventure ? - you just never know. Some Mylotters have no problem coming up with ideas for discussions while others say that many times they cannot think of anything. I have found that my thoughts are clearer in the early morning hours after a restful sleep at night. Is there a special time when you find that your ideas just flow? - and what do you prefer writing and reading about?
I think it helps being in Australia as so many things seem a bit fresh or 'different' to those in, say America or Britain. I don't have much trouble finding things to write about but I am continually surprised at what attracts comments and what doesn't. That seems to be something I can't judge.
I am usually surprised as well. Yes Australia is a very large country , I doubt you will ever be able to cover everything.
• Walnut Creek, California
Yeah, I wrote a piece about my little expressive aphasic buddy the other day, and virtually nobody commented on it. I love working with that little guy, and am fascinated by his progress. Yesterday, we was singing along as I taught him some mandolin, and I think that could positively affect his language development. You know how my mind works. His singing (vowels AND more consonants than I'd ever heard before, though not words) made be wonder about the role of music in language development. But if people would rather hear about what the weather is like, I'm not going to write about music and language development.
• Uzbekistan
I'm also dumbfounded at times. Even after many years of writing on online sites, I'm surprised by the readers' reactions or non-reactions.
@kandae11 I sometimes have millions of ideas then when I go to write I forget all of the topics in which I want to write! I am keeping my ideas on paper for the future!
There is a notepad and pen on my bedside table, in case I get up in the night or early morning with an idea. If I don't make notes, I may forget about it when I am fully awake.
@Kandae11 Good idea! I will have to try that! Thanks for the idea!
@Kandae11 i also keep it for the same reason. and when i don't write i say it to my roommate to remind me on next day. ;)
If I am only as successful as my last successful discussion, then I am certainly not very successful but then again I never claimed that I was. I do not start a discussion often. In fact, I start far less discussions than I have ideas for them. I just find it time-consuming to start the discussion, plus I like to have enough time to interact with people as soon as they respond, which also takes a lot of time. There are a lot of things that trigger my brain to go off in one direction or another, and many of these thoughts spark ideas for discussions. Then there are the discussions about things that have occurred and I want to vent or see how other people view it or sometimes both.
Venting is good - much better to get things off your chest , and Mylotters are good listeners.
@Kandae11 Plus it is nice to be able to vent and also earn a penny or two while doing so!
@purplealabaster That's right.
@Gillygirl (17361)
• Sutton, England
Mine tend to be spontaneous although some are planned. I like to read and write about a diverse set of topics. Morning is a good time for me too.
I am spontaneous sometimes too, but I get most of my ideas in the early morning hours.
@Gillygirl (17361)
• Sutton, England
@Kandae11 They can be better in the early morning.
@tom_view (4174)
• Kolkata, India
writing comes spontaneous.
My creative brain kicks in when it wants to...it can't be forced.
Spontaneity is good.
@Kandae11 Yes it is.
I like reading about all of the posts on here.
Yes there is a good enough mix.
@Kandae11 That way my mind stays active.
@mythociate (15946)
• Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
I prefer efficiency While there are always new things to talk about & new approaches to old topics, 'what we're paid-for' is 'hits & comments & responses & replies (by others) on topics we've started' ... a new post is 'wasteful' if it doesn't inspire others to comment on it!
You have 'hit' the nail on the head. I gather what you are saying is that one is better off producing two or three posts of substance per day rather than numerous posts which might not be interesting.
I feel any posting about our monetary progress here should be a consistent no no; the idea is to talk about everything else but the hoped for income . . .
I think some feel motivated hearing about the progress - or no progress of others - do you agree?
@Kandae11 motivation comes from all sources but yes I agree
My ideas for posts flow much better than my thoughts for my book. I like to read anything a person writes, except politics.
I can understand that - a book is much more demanding.
@Kandae11 Yes it is.
There is no rhyme or reason to my mind
I know what you mean.
@dramagirl26 (3334)
• Ringgold, Virginia
I find that my best ideas come to me at night when I'm relaxed. I like to write and read about different stuff. Some topics that grab my interest are sports, entertainment, books, writing, jobs, and other stuff.
And we can find them all on Mylot . Yes, ideas can flow at the end of the day - in a relaxed atmosphere.
No special time for me. I just write about my life and the craziness that goes on here. Lol.
Yes - real life posts enjoy great popularity as well.
@responsiveme (16816)
My posts are between a hit and a miss, I think. Whats the benchmark? I like writing about my surroundings and responding to people who I've got to know.And the rhyming posts too.
One can never tell - keep on writing and you will get your hit.
@Kandae11 Whats the hit? I mean I am not stuck in "no responses' but its not like 40 responses either.
@responsiveme The hit can be where ever you aim to reach.
I wish I can have a lot of time to write. If iI have some ideas, I just take note on my notepad. If time permits, then I can able to write about it.
It is wise to keep notes. Whenever you see something or hear something interesting you jot it down for future reference.
@Kandae11 I can't help myself sometimes. I took the chance of writing in between my classes online. There are times I feel bored and do multi-tasking.
@Shavkat If you can multi task without a problem - that's okay.
@Trensue (5253)
I don't think I have ever had a "hit". In fact, most of the time I think I am talking to myself.
Keep at it , one day very soon you will hit the right note.
@Trensue (5253)
@Kandae11 Thanks, It is always nice to receive encouragement.
@Trensue You are most welcome.
It has been awhile since I wrote a post here in myLot. I have been more active leaving comments. As for your queries,I do not have a special time for my ideas to flow, they just do. I have no preference what to write or read about. Although, I will say that I prefer the light topics.Reading someone's problems is a bit of a nuisance sometimes.
Light topics and money matters make it to the top quite often.
@Kandae11 true.
@Billrena (181)
• Arusha, Tanzania
I prefer writing about almost everything that interests people, the only problem I have, I'm always trying to find something which is mostly liked by most of us.
That is a hard one I agree.
@Billrena (181)
• Arusha, Tanzania
@Kandae11 Let's try together as partners and see the results
@else34 (13602)
• New Delhi, India
@Kandae11 I fall in the latter category.Ideas sneak into my mind in long intervals.Generally I share my own experiences here.And fortunately some of my discussions receive a satisfactory number of likes and comments.
How others live and deal with every day issues should make interesting reading.
@else34 (13602)
• New Delhi, India
@Kandae11 Yes,everyday I come across discussions in which the initiators share their experiences.I love to read and respond to such discussions.
@Keyia120 (763)
Yes, I don't have an issue coming up with anything to discuss it's just you have to make sure that you post what you know about. I see many posts about politics and at times people don't like what they see or they don't want to get into a debate but they post about it and expect someone not to respond lol. I just say post what you love and keep your mind moving all the time because that is how you stay active on the site. I love writing and I love this site especially seeing many different opinions, debates and just creative ideas.I write about politics, I write stories and anything that is going on in the world. I am writing my first book so everything comes together easy for me these days. I am getting more and more creative as the days go on because I have so many more ideas to put out there. I hope you continue to have a successful mind flow and creative insight.
Those are very valid points - I like them , and thanks for the good wishes.
@Keyia120 (763)
@Kandae11 You are very welcome :)
@tom_view (4174)
• Kolkata, India
i like writing about life..
I like writing and reading life stories.
@tom_view (4174)
• Kolkata, India
@Kandae11 that is very good.