Why So Many Who Need Help Can't Get It!

The case below is one of 10 that I have heard of over the past week. It explains why America can't take care of more people and is in financial trouble. So what would you do if your spouse made a lot of money, you had 4 children and you could get away with it? Would you apply for Government Assistance? That's what this woman did. As a matter of fact that's what at least 10 people have done in recent years and gotten caught. What do you think?
A Virginia woman has been charged with four counts of welfare fraud for collecting over $100,000 in benefits while her husband was earning $1.5 million per-year as an attorney.
I wouldnt, to be fair I have considered applying for food stamps since money is so dratted tight atm
@Jessicalynnt I don't think you are like the folks who are abusing them! You probably should because you are likely in that group who actually need them.
@Berniezeitler well you have a point there, if I ever had such a thing, (and I have) I actually needed it
@Jessicalynnt The programs are for people who are in tight situations and trying to get to a better place. You would fit into that group from what I know of you. It's not like you are a Millionaire trying to get what you can to avoid spending your own money.
It happens here a lot. One partner will have a good job, making good money and their partner will draw welfare for them and their children. Yet there are others who struggle to get by because they can't get the help they need.
@Happy2BeMe It's sickening! I used to watch customers come in with Food Stamps at the convenience store I worked at. Their significant other was driving a New Cadillac or better, give them cash for Gambling and buy the food stuffs with Food Stamps!
@Berniezeitler it is sickening. There are so many people while need it and the abuses of the system ruin it for them.
• Albania
I think that taking Government Assistence when you can have a normal life without it is stealing. Another person might really need it.
@shivamani10 (11168)
• Hyderabad, India
this is called cheating. But in India people will be getting huge amounts in the form of bank loans only not to repay them. A very very big scams.
@DWDavis (15874)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
She and her husband should both be investigated, required to pay back every penny, with interest and penalties, and then be jailed.