I Filed The Paperwork

Anniston, Alabama
Not only did I get paid today but I also went to the court house and then to the probate office to file paperwork that I have been needing to file for a long time. My attorney died a couple years ago but before he did his legal assistant, wife, told me to file paperwork when I do not collect on a debt owed. My first small claims court was a tenant that allowed 17 cats that she was NOT allowed to have, to urinate all over one of my three bedrooms houses, I won the case for unpaid rent, replacing carpet etc.When I garnished her wages the owner covered for her saying she did not make enough to have her wages garnished, so what do you do? Its always on the record that she owes me. I cussed, but this is where I learned what to do when this happens. As most of you know I also won a case against a tenant that would not moved until the day the sheriff was setting him out, that was about six months ago.He moved in with these trashy people, the white trash of neighborhood, and he just bought a nice used car.BUT no he has not offered me any money. I heard my deceased attorneys wife saying the words in the back of my mind and I got the paperwork up I needed today. Tony said " do you know what to do?" I laughed and said "Sure, I will get it done!" I stopped at the courthouse and went to the circuit court clerks office and asked for a certificate of judgement for each case, you have to have the case number. I got those and drove to the probate office and paid $13 for each to be filed. Now what does this matter? When they buy a car or home or anything of value and sell it, there will be a red flag that it has a lien on it and the lien has to be paid first. It might take years to get the money back but I can wait. Will they remember my name? I guarantee it. I had a good day today. How was your day?
It is a good day, the last day before spring break. Yay!
YAY! for you
Well, I am glad that you were finally able to get the paperwork filed. I hope it is sooner than later that you do get your money. My day started off with a bang. Woke with a migraine. Had to call in sick to work. I was down for the count for most of the day.
I woke with a headache too
@PatZAnthony (13262)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
Does this also give you the right to part of tax returns as it does is some states? Hope so, just in case there are some.
I am not sure but I hope so.
@PatZAnthony (13262)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
@andriaperry Might be worth checking into. You may have to file a separate form for that.
@megatron777 (3773)
• Guam
My day is great. I'm glad that you have a good day too.
I am glad and thank you.
• Guam
@andriaperry Thank you too.
I started my day with a cup of coffee and do mylotting. I hope you can sort it out all the paper works well.
That is done already.
It would seem like being a landlady is a difficult task - but you are handling it quite well. It rained all day so I remained at home.
I am slowly getting out of the life. But I have to find another way to make money.
• Lenox, Georgia
I was just thinking maybe without that car he couldn't get to work and make money to pay you? Just a thought since I know what we are going through right now... Without a vehicle there is no money to be made since you have no way to get to a job.
• Lenox, Georgia
@andriaperry Oh okay. I always try to give the benefit of the doubt but I also didn't know the whole situation of course. I know most people do need a vehicle to get to a job. But that situation is very different. I wasn't trying to be disrespectful, I was just asking because we have been in the situation being without a vehicle. Hope you get your money soon!
@LovingMyBabies NOOO, you are always respectful. That is why I told you why it mattered now. He has had 6 months to "offer" me money, he sees me all the time. For her, its been several years and when I was doing the tax prep for the CPA I added the court costs to get him out of the house, and the loss. That is when I could hear those words, "go file this!"
• Lenox, Georgia
@andriaperry Oh my gosh he sees you and doesn't offer anything? So it's not even an out of sight, out of mind thing either. Wow! He has some nerve.
Years ago we thought abut buying some small homes to rent but decided we didn't need or want the problems associated with being landlords.
This just sort of happened, I never planned it.
@andriaperry That's how a lot of live goes..it just happens.
@stbrians (15899)
• Kakamega, Kenya
Sorry about that dear. Something has to be done though. Relax now and wait
Yes I just have to wait now.
@UncleJoe (11411)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
Back in the day when we rented a home, that payment always came first. When we later OWNED rental property, it seemed that our tenants put that at the bottom of their list. I remember one lady arguing that she had to pay her electric bill first. "You wouldn't want us to have a house with no electricity, would you?" I told her that would be better than having electricity with NO house.
That is what I told one before. I said what good is electricity without a house? I actually did have this one lady that lived in one of my houses for 3 months before getting the power turned on, I inspected and it was always clean.
@PainsOnSlate (20841)
You sound like a smart woman, and good for you for finding a way to get the money owed. Every day is a good day for me,I appreciate just breathing....at my age...
Everyday is also good for me, the same reason as you. I hope to get paid one day.
Good for you. They've had their chance to do the right thing.
I know.
@sol_cee (18436)
• Japan
17 cats! That's a lot of pee!
It was just filthy!
With a lien they can not sell until the lien is paid off.
Right
I bet that felt good to get some justice
Yes but if they do not pay then they win, with this I hope they will have to pay and then I will get justice,
Glad to hear you got all that done and, had a good day, mine has been pretty good too.
A good day all around.