Suddendeath poetry challenge, Sides!

Centralia, Missouri
Welcome to this weekend’s Suddendeath poetry challenge, Sides! Anyways, rules are as follows, write a poem in any style using the five words that I give you. Write it in one sitting or in under an hour (only to quash your inner editor, rules are loose there). Add it here, OR link in a comment so we can enjoy each other’s' poems. The words can be in any plurality or tense. Today’s words are: good, evil, day, night, fear, hope (I know there are 6 words, if you want to only use five that's fine too). Children's tales and cartoons make good and evil, as plain as black and white. The fight between the two is cosmic upheaval, as fear wars with hope for what's right. But we all know as we walk our lives, that simple it usually is not. Because as we live our decisions strive to keep to the life choices that we have thought.
It is easier being good When the sun is shining bright. Hope is abundant And all in the world is bright. But as the shadows crawl And day turns into night Fear starts creeping in With the fading of the light. Evil comes to call But against it we will fight.
I loved it! Good use of the words
@Jessicalynnt Thank you. I liked yours as well. There is rarely such a thing as pure good or pure evil, and that can be a very difficult thing to understand, especially for a child.
@purplealabaster very much so, even as an adult it can be hard to figure out
good, evil, day, night, fear, hope Today is a good day, my grandson turns 16. He should have received his gift last night, as delivery was guaranteed. Evil thoughts enter my mind and cause me to wonder. My greatest fear is that he pushes me away, my love is strong and will continue to hope.
awe, Im sorry hun! -hugs-
@Jessicalynnt my love and faith are strong. I pray he will come through this.
@sallypup (26314)
• Moses Lake, Washington
Middle of the day barreling down the driveway night black Leah pup leaping at our progress leaving my mouth overflowed with evil thoughts I fear that all is lost on her mending limb and yet to do what but hope causing me to slam on the brakes and scram, scram, bleat my distress, grab hold of her bewildered spirit happy to see you, to greet you human! Tethered to me, we wobble up the landscape to house and gained safety I slam her in, returning to my braked car, evil again spilling as I wonder how she was left to run, no leash, no restraint, how indeed?
• Eugene, Oregon
That "evil" comes through clearly. I hope that you find out how it happened. I also hope she is okay.
she didnt sneak out did she?@sallypup
@sallypup (26314)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@JamesHxstatic @Jessicalynnt My dearest hubby is blind. Usually he manages quite well. The pups pulled a number on him- he thought they were inside after he'd gone down to feed Peter burro. They were not. Hubby is also a softy with the pups- I am the growler- YOU mind!! So he asks them to do things and at times they run him over. So they ran him over and Leah was left to do her own thing, off leash. NOT what the Vet said to do. She seems to be okay now. I enforced rest on her for the rest of the day. To see her liberated after all our hard work on imposing the leash on her made me scream.
• Preston, England
Well I always thought Roadrunner was mean for not letting Wile E catch him lol, great poem - life is so simple when we know who the bad guys are
roadrunner and tweety always seemed really the evil ones to me. thanks, it is indeed, but most of the time we dont or cant tell
• Preston, England
@Jessicalynnt the bad guys end up running our governments nowadays - Trump for the US, May in the UK
You have some great responses here and I like yours too.
why thanks!
When I loved you, everything about you was good Even if you had a frequent change of mood. Being with you made my days happier And you always made me feel better. But one night my fear became a reality You did not really love me. And now all I remember about you Is how cruel you are and evil too. But maybe it is not wrong for me to hope That one day I will find love... you again? Nope!
indeed nope! Time to move on to better love, and well done!!!
@Jessicalynnt yes.. no coming back.
• Eugene, Oregon
You have a thoughtful response here. I responded, but the link did not work for me.
ah, sorry to hear that!
good job!
thanks!
@alberello75 (16519)
• Genova, Italy
Here I am Jessica ready for this weekend. Many say: "GOOD and EVIL, are two sides of the same coin" Many are okay, many others do not! After all, think of the DAY and NIGHT Everything looks right! Yes, I know, I live in FEAR, but I do not lose HOPE! Important to start with any request for money to be able to say NOPE! An information: To try to risovere my problems, maybe I'll come admitted to a therapeutic community located in the city of Como (Italy), that is over 200 kilometers from my home. It will be a sacrifice, but I hope to benefit. I will be more specific in the next few days. I will let you know Regards, Alessandro
I hope it helps!!!!!!
@alberello75 (16519)
• Genova, Italy
@Jessicalynnt Help? What do you mean? If I can, I'll help you
@alberello75 naw, I hope the thing with the therapeutic community works out!
@TheSojourner (17479)
Once again, I thank you for the challenge. My entry: Side Dish
This acrostic poem was written in response to this week's SuddenDeath Challenge from @JessicaLynnT, 'Sides.' Side Dish 'Sweetheart, you are...
I saw it, a totally different direction that I expected, loved it!
@Jessicalynnt thank you so much
I hope that you are having a marvelous weekend
so far so good!