Going Once, Going Twice, Sold!

I had to take my husband's morning dog-walk time due to the fact that the fantasy baseball draft, one of many, started at 9:00 a.m. this morning. It is now 12:00 p.m., and the draft is still in progress. Molly and I returned from the walk at 9:30 a.m., and I have heard the following coming from my husband's home office for 2 1/2 hours: 1. "Going once!" "Going twice!" "Sold!" 2. "You are on deck!" 3. "It's your turn to nominate!" He sure has been sitting in that desk chair for a very long time. A few times, my husband has made a nice amount of cash, and given a trophy too, playing fantasy baseball. However, I think he has lost his touch due to his not winning a darn thing playing fantasy baseball for quite a while. As long as he takes my afternoon dog-walk time, I am good. Morguefile Public Domain Photo
My 3 guys are involved in that stuff also, personally, I couldn't care less.
Same with me. It is nice that a lot of his old fraternity brothers, and those guys are old, also play. A fun time for him.
@stbrians (11821)
• Kakamega, Kenya
Sounds something that needs a lot of patience, this fantasy baseball. I thought you would sit besides him to give him courage
Well, if I sit beside him, I definitely would talk too much and get on his nerves, so it is best he does it alone.
Well, maybe he'll surprise ya and actually win again.
Hope he does win something, just a little something. That would make his day if he won anything.
@Fishmomma (11505)
My husband doesn't like basketball, football, hockey, baseball or any other sport I'm likely to watch. His sport is skiing and he doesn't want to watch it. This means a trip to a cold region, as no snow here.
Our son is the same way. The only sport he likes is swimming. He is a talented swimmer, and we did put an in ground pool in the yard when he was little. As a baby, he would be under the water and we would have to pull him back up since he would stay under for so long. He scared his grandparents and other family doing that as a baby.
@Fishmomma (11505)
@Corbin5 That would certainly scare me. I enjoy swimming also.
@Fishmomma Me too! When my husband had the pool installed, our son was 9 years old. He taught me how to swim. Best teacher I ever had.
@CRK109 (14381)
My late husband loved fantasy football. I don't remember if he ever tried his hand at fantasy baseball or not. But I do know that once those guys get involved with any of those leagues, they are all in! Hope you see him soon! lol
I did see him!!! He just took Molly for her afternoon walk since I took her for her morning walk.
@CRK109 (14381)
@Corbin5 Wow that's amazing! Some days even just a sighting of these guys is like a miracle! lol
It does give him something to do. He should take the dog for a walk the net time. The walk will do him good.
He takes her to the dog park every morning, and I do the afternoon walk. He did take her for a walk a while ago. Hope he makes money this time around.
• Preston, England
never into real sports let alone fantasy variations
It is interesting that my husband loves all sports, and our son, not a one. However, both men are quite close.
Those fantasy picks are a big deal to those who partake in them, our son does it with football. I hope that it is over in time for him to take Molly for her afternoon walk.
Well, the next draft is tomorrow at 9 p.m., so all is well. He did walk her this afternoon, so Molly had her two outings for the day. She has a fenced back yard and a 24/7 use of a doggy door to the fenced backyard, but she demands those walks too. Spoiled her a bit.
• Trinidad And Tobago
I got a little confused. You are happy if he indulge himself during the time you are walking you dog? Did I get that correct? Okay, well it seem harmless enough...unless there is a bit of an addiction there?
We traded. He always walks Molly in the morning and I walk her in the afternoon. I was happy to trade with him so he did not miss the draft.
That is funny! Tony has been on the phone for hours, good for me! Bad for those on the other end.
Yes, Tony on the phone for hours gives you a break!!! Yippee!! My husband takes Molly to the dog park for an hour each morning. That is one wonderful hour for me!
• Pleasant Hill, California
I'm not sure how I'd do as a manger. Fantasy Baseball sounds like a fun hobby, though.
It is fun, and he has been playing it for so long that he knows all the guys playing.
@diosabella (4844)
At first I thought it was an auction but now I read it, it went in total different direction.
Yes, I think the gather their players for their team. I haven't a clue what is involved in Fantasy Baseball.
@Corbin5 I have no idea myself how fantasy baseball works.
@diosabella Me neither!!!!
@CoralLevang (36779)
I have no idea what these "fantasy (sports)" things are.
I did not know either. I have no interest in any sport.
@CoralLevang (36779)
@Corbin5 I like to watch some sports but this whole fantasy sport thing doesn't make sense to me
@CoralLevang I think a lot of it is the camaraderie between players. A lot of my husband's old fraternity brothers, all in their 60s, play. He converses with all the other guys he has played with over the years too. They all converse back and forth on the site.
Hopefully he is having fun even if he isn't winning
Yes, he knows all the guys who play since he has playing for such a long time. They chat back and forth, so that is probably part of the fun.
@Corbin5 that's nice
Baseball is almost unknown here in Europe and my husband does not like sports, except golf, he likes to watch but he prefers to play.
My dad and brother loved playing golf. An addiction for Dad. My husband has never played golf, but has played baseball, football, and basketball.
@Corbin5 My husband has never liked football (I think you call it soccer in the US) and baseball is not played here. He played basketball and he won many 100 meters races when he was young.
And will you play fantasy baseball while he is walking the dog?
Heaven's know. I am clueless regarding sports. Molly just likes the dog-sport called "Playing ball."
@Corbin5 Sounds good to me. :)
• Lakewood, Colorado
I do not know about this fantasy stuff but I guess it is addicting.
Well, he only does fantasy baseball. If he did all fantasy sports, he probably wouldn't move from that desk chair.
• Lakewood, Colorado
@FayeHazel (9307)
I've heard of fantasy sports, but afraid I don't understand. I didn't know that one could actually make cash. Good luck to your husband :-)
Yes, fantasy sports are played online. I think most require a player to pay a certain amount of money to join the game, then the highest scorers are paid with that money.
I would rather play fantasy football I think. Someone I know won a big pot of money doing that. The problem is I don't think I know much about other players other than those who play for the Redskins.
Yes, money can be made. I think my husband made $2,000 by coming in first in fantasy baseball. I would not have a clue about any sport and the players I should choose.
@bluesa (10493)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@Corbin5 , I hope he did take Molly for her afternoon walk! :)
He did!!! Molly had a great day despite the switch. She is spoiled. Treated like a princess around here.