Trust Your Gut Instinct

Ringgold, Virginia
How many of you have heard the phrase "trust your gut instinct"? I've heard this for as long as I remember and I used to never pay any attention to it, but as I've gotten older I'm starting to realize maybe there's something to it. I once read that whenever you get that gut feeling that it's your angel or your spirit guide trying to send you a message. I've had circumstances where I've gotten that type of feeling. For instance, I've turned down jobs or projects because something told me it wouldn't work out. Or I've gotten a feeling that something bad was going to happen, then a short while later someone I knew got into trouble or I was hit with a string of bad luck. Because of this, I've learned to trust my gut instinct when it comes to decision in life. Do you trust your gut instinct? If so, have there been any situations where it's come in handy?
Yes, I try to always trust, because when I don't it gets me in trouble.
• Ringgold, Virginia
@TRBRocks420 It's good to hear you trust your gut instinct. A lot of people are skeptical over it, but I think there's something to it.
@dramagirl26 There is for sure something to it. God gave it to us for a reason.
• Ringgold, Virginia
@TRBRocks420 Exactly! I've heard gust instincts are your angels looking after you.
It's kept me out of prison for sure. People try to step on me and I get so angry I want to chop a head off. I mean I am about to lose control.. I am talking down right disrespectfulness.I decided to walk away and leave all contact with them in the pass. It's worked so far because these no good son of a b's would have pressed charges on me.
• Ringgold, Virginia
@sharon6345 It's great that you walked away from those type of people. All they do is bring negativity and it would've ended up hurting you.
@dramagirl26 That is what I am glad for. It's better without them anyway.
I once promised a friend to accompany her to a seminar on esotericism. It was to be held on a Sunday morning. I hardly slept the night before. Esotericism is so not me. I couldn't understand why I had agreed to go there. When I decided to phone her in the morning and to call the thing off, my stomach cramps disappeared at once and I fell asleep.
• Ringgold, Virginia
@MALUSE I think your gut instinct was telling you it was a good thing not to go. Did your friend go to the seminar by herself?
@dramagirl26 Yes, she did. She didn't mind. There were other people she knew.
@Debscrochet (1008)
Yes most of the time, but i'm always "on guard" by nature.
• Ringgold, Virginia
@Debscrochet That's a good way to do things.
The majority of the time, I do trust my gut instinct. Many years of life experiences allow for putting more trust in our gut instinct.
• Ringgold, Virginia
@Corbin5 So true! I think most of the time people tend to brush it off, yet they don't realize the importance of trusting your gut instinct.
@OreoBrownie (3601)
• Elberton, Georgia
I believe it is spiritual, but it may also be your subconscious mind that makes the thought.
@carebear29 (28586)
• Wausau, Wisconsin
Always trust your gut