Chuck Berry Dead at 90!

Within the last few moments the news came out that Chuck Berry has died. Do you know who he was? What are your memories of the legenday Chuck Berry?
In honor of his 90th birthday in October, Berry announced that he would be releasing new music in 2017.
Yes I was lucky enough to see him once RIP a great musician.
You were very fortunate to see him.
@JohnRoberts I was John , I shall never forget the experience. It was in a little dingy bar in St Louis and I even touched his shoe thats how close I was.
@TiarasOceanView So you were closer than this!
Hail! Hail! Rock 'n' Roll (Chuck Berry) 1987.
A legend among legends who heavily influenced the Beatles and basically all of rock and roll. The duck walk has been stilled.
Hail! Hail! Rock 'n' Roll Listen to these songs from the man who could play a guitar like he was ringing a bell and see if school days are same. Find out why...
@UncleJoe (10872)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
I never saw him in peson but we sure jitterbugged to his music.
@UncleJoe You mean ike this!!
Swing Dancing Boogie Woogie rock n roll to Chuck berry's: Johnny Be Good (1958). Intellectual Property Rights purchased purchased by Bycecey, visit them on FB.
@UncleJoe (10872)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
@Berniezeitler Something like that but a little bit faster. I only lost one dance contest in those days. That was when my foot accidentally touched the floor.
@UncleJoe Now days we both would probably throw out our backs and end up in a whole lot of hurt it we tried that!
• Peoria, Arizona
It is very sad but it is great that he goes to live a long and successful life getting to do what he loves and spreading amazing messages for many decades. He will be missed, but he will live on forever.
@ramapo17 (25614)
• Melbourne, Florida
It has so great to do what you love all your life. Plus make so many people happy in the process.
• Peoria, Arizona
@ramapo17 Very true!
RIP Chuck Berry, one of the greatest of all time.
I remember him well. Didn't he introduce the twist?
@JudyEv Yup! Chuck wrote the song and worked with Chubby Checker who actually performed it. Along with Chubby Checker!
Skip navigation Sign inSearch Loading... Close Yeah, keep it Undo Close Watch QueueQueueWatch QueueQueue The next video is startingstop Loading... Watch Queue Queue __count__/__total__ Loading... Find out whyClose roberto demesa SubscribeSubscribedUnsubsc
@ramapo17 (25614)
• Melbourne, Florida
@JudyEV No, Chubby Checker wrote the twist in 1960. Chuck Berry did record it in 1962. Lots of the groups recorded each others music.
@ramapo17 Oh, that's right. I was about to write that I got the 'Chubby' bit right! But I didn't did I? I confused Chuck with Chubby. Maybe I'll just go back to bed!
Such a great talent. Prayers of comfort to his friends, family and fans.
@ramapo17 (25614)
• Melbourne, Florida
He live a great life once he got out of jail. I forget what he was in for.
@Hanyouyomi (1947)
• Dallas, Texas
I found out courtesy of CBS' Sunday Morning. Such sad news. :(
@TheSojourner (17304)
Another legend is gone. Lucille is crying right now.
That is so sad. Loved his music and performances.
I know who he was, I was in grade school, when My Ding A ling came out, and I loved hearing that song.
@CookieMonster46 You mean this one!
Chuck Berry - My Ding-A-Ling (1972)
@Berniezeitler yes, that is the one..
@ramapo17 (25614)
• Melbourne, Florida
Chuck Berry was a big part of my life as I graduated high school in 1960. That was the best years to be in high school as so many great artists were entertaining us for so many years. I saw so many of them as I lived in New Jersey and was able to go to rock and roll shows in New York City, Newark, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. I never missed American Bandstand My dad was real cool too and sometimes he would pretend to be playing a guitar and would dance around the living room. That explains why I am like I am. Everyone thought it was just because I am a blonde, but it goes deeper than that. As I write on here I have the oldies playing on my tv and I keep singing away. I have aged in numbers but not in mind. Sorry this is so long, I kind of got carried away.
@ramapo17 Wow! That's quite a memory to have! Oh, I know it's a typo but if it isn't can I borrow your time machine? If you graduated in'11960' you haven't been born yet. LOL
@ramapo17 (25614)
• Melbourne, Florida
@Berniezeitler Hahaha, I never saw that typo. No wonder you were impressed. I just fixed it. But I think being 75 this year, I do have a good memory where music is concerned.