What a Lot of Makeup Can Do

Having spent too much time in the sun without sunblock left me swollen, blistered, scabbed, and peeling. I want to thank everyone for all the helpful suggestions. I am just beginning to heal after one week. But having a crud face didn't stop me from all my activities. Lots of makeup helped disguise my disgusting face. This is a photo taken at a friend's annual St. Patrick's Day dinner party. I am sitting next to our new next door neighbor. Either he was kind enough not to notice my scabs and peeling face, or thought I was a trollup. I did wear green eye shadow, too. Bet you can't see my scabs!
You don't look bad to me. Hope you're fully recovered soon.
I'm still recovering. Thanks.
@DianneN You must have effective make-up!
@JudyEv Now that I'm scabbed, the makeup isn't adhering too well. Powder helps, but it still looks abominable.
Oh I'm glad to hear you're healing up - oh my it blistered too? You always look lovely - I would never have known if you hadn't told us about the sun poisoning. And yes, thank goodness for makeup . . . there have been many times it saved me for sure!
The blisters were the worst. Now they are nasty looking scabs and hard to cover. At least the makeup helped a lot then. I can't wait to look normal again. Thanks!
@garymarsh6 (12006)
OH DianneN you made me laugh my head off I have not heard the term Trollop for years! Sorry you got burnt I am surprised you did not wear sunblock. It is very painful and you look beautiful there! Trollop. I think I am going to make this my word of the week!
MyLot would have thrown me off if I used the words I wanted to say, but enjoy your new word of the week! I didn't expect to be outside so long gabbing in the sun with a friend. I'm usually so faithful about wearing sunblock. Shame on me and it hurt like heck!
@garymarsh6 (12006)
@DianneN Oh dear poor you! I hope you are not too sore for too long! I wonder if I can slip that word in somewhere in the week. If I do I shall write a post about it! (And blame you! )
@garymarsh6 Don't you dare!!!!
@bluesa (10673)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
You look stunning in the photo, Dianne! I can't see any sun damage. Loving the green nail polish too @DianneN !xoxo
Thanks! You'd have to get a little closer to see my bubbling scabs. Lol! It figures you'd notice the nail polish!!!! Green toenails, too.
@bluesa (10673)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@DianneN , that is quite frankly, awesome!
@bluesa Lol! I love nail polish.
You did a great job covering up your sun damage. Love your green polish
Thank you!
@UncleJoe (7756)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
I think with or without makeup you would still be beautiful. Even with it on, you never appear to over-do it. What I can't stand are the ladies with so many layers and colors they look like they let Stevie Wonder put it on them.
Thank you and lol! I did have a pile on, however.
@Fleura (5435)
You look great! Love the necklace too!
Many thanks! My husband bought that necklace for me two weeks ago. I figured it would be perfect to make its debut on St. Patrick's Day!
@FayeHazel (9337)
You're so beautiful, Dianne. On all accounts nice work with the makeup. I did green eyeshadow too for St. Patrick's. Pretty necklace. And I see you're sitting with my new boyfriend. lol just kiddin'
Thanks Faye! You must looking stunning in emerald green with your coloring!!!! Good for you for even having green eye shadow. My type of girl! Thank you also re the necklace. Yep, I'm sitting very close to your new boyfriend. He is a nice guy.
@FayeHazel (9337)
@DianneN I am so very fortunate that the colors I like (jewel tones) look good on me. We could have such fun with make up
@FayeHazel You are definitely a "Winter" in the Color Me Beautiful scheme of things. I love makeup and know we'd have such fun playing around with it.
@Gillygirl (15259)
• Sutton, England
I can't see your scabs at all Dianne. It must have been painful. It happened to me once in Greece. I found natural yoghurt helped.
I wonder if yogurt with cherries would have helped? Lol! The pain is gone now, but I'm still peeling, and worse, have brown scabs now. The makeup now slides right off. Never doing this again.
@Gillygirl (15259)
• Sutton, England
@DianneN Poor you, I would imagine cherries would irritate it. If there are still scabs perhaps a prescription for cream from your doctor is needed. Another alternative is SOS emergency cream by Elemis. I have used that and found it very effective.
@Gillygirl Thanks for the mention of the cream. I think I've seen it sold at my dermatologist's office. I am going to need a laser treatment when I get home, plus a lot more stuff done! Lol!
Then make up concealed everything! I hope you're feeling better soon! Aloe should help :)
It did until you got up close. Now I am full of dark scabs and the makeup is sliding right off. . I broke off a new piece of aloe before. It really is so soothing.
@DianneN Yes aloe is very soothing. I hope your scabs will go away soon :)
@infatuatedbby Thanks. So do I, Michelle. I am going to need a laser treatment when I go home. Ugh!
I see you have green nail polish on as well :-) You look beautiful as always! The skin on my face is very dry and peels like a sun burn often so I have a hard time wearing foundation over it as you can see all the dryness it looks flaky.
Yes, and green toenails. That was my nod to St. Patrick's Day. Lol! You can use a scrub on your face and moisture morning and night. A warm washcloth is good to use gently in the shower. My scabs are preventing me from doing that.
@DianneN I do use a scrub and a ton of different moisturizers I am not sure what causes it. It started years ago when I started drinking coffee so I think it has to do with the creamer or something.
@shaggin I hope the coffee or creamer isn't doing that! You may need a chemical peel to rid your skin of that dryness. I heed to get lasered when I get home.
I looked and looked but couldn't find a scab. I rarely simply lay in the sun, usually when I'm in the sun I'm busy with a project but I do make it a point to spend only 15 minutes at a time in direct sun then I move to a shady spot or go inside. I hope you heal fast. Sunburns are never fun.
Glad you didn't find them. I certainly know where those ugly monsters are.
@rebelann I always use sunblock 50+, except this one time. Now I have two big crush disgusting scabs on my face. Ick!
Ouch, that sounds painful @DianneN I never use sunblocks or screens, but then I'm probably not as fair as you are.
You look beautiful as always my friend.
You are sweet for saying that.
@DianneN just telling the truth. Be careful in that sun.
@DianneN Glad to hear!!
@katsmeow1213 (28707)
You look fantastic as always! I'm sure you've learned your lesson now!
Thank you. I have definitely learned my lesson. Holy moly!
@DianneN I've done that numerous times, so has hubby. Hubby is bald.. he started shaving his head in his mid-twenties as he had a receding hairline already. He gets horrible burns on top of his head!
@katsmeow1213 My poor hubby, too, although he has some fringe and combover. Lol! Remember, grass doesn't grow on a busy street!
trollop! is this an European thing. What we have to do to stay beautiful.I love it.
Lol! I could have used other words, but myLot would have kicked me off.
@DianneN I doubt it.What do they know.LOL
@hostessman (6645)
• Tucson, Arizona
you look beautiful.... I like to see women without make-up , i think they look great without it..
Thank you! You'd run away if you saw me without makeup.
• Tucson, Arizona
@DianneN if you marry a women because she looks good in make-up, your marrage will suffer every night as she gets ready for bed. love her for who and what she is , and the makeup is just an add bonus to the wonderful women you married......
@hostessman I like your philosophy. I wear it for me, even though my hubs told me he wouldn't care if I went without it. You two must be the best husband's in the world!!!!
@megatron777 (3841)
• Guam
I didn't notice...you're still lovely and charming.
Thank you kind sir!
• Guam
@DianneN No problem.
@tzwrites (3202)
The makeup worked very well, you can't see any scabs or peeling.
Thank you, unless you got closer. Today the scabs are dried up and hard to cover, but at least my face isn't burning anymore. I've learned my lesson for life!
@Tina30219 (24627)
• Onaway, Michigan
Look good to me. Sunburns can be a pain in the butt.
Thanks, Tina. It hurts like crazy and isn't pretty to look at, either. Lol!
You are to funny. I have been there with the to much sun and I would have done the same, make up! Feel better soon.
Lol! Glad you understand!