I'm Now A Member of The MyLot Dollar-A-Day Club

@LoriAMoore (10781)
Louisville, Kentucky
One of our guru MyLotters here made a post several months ago about the elusive (or was it exclusive?) Dollar-A-Day Club. I'm not sure whether or not he was joking, but he is prolific and ubiquitous and probably makes thousands of dollars here each month because he never sleeps and has an evil task-master cat keeping him at the computer. What he was referring to is someone who makes $30/month, which in a 30-day month is $1/day, therefore the Dollar-A-Day Club. I THINK that what I've heard is that the average member here makes between $5 and $10. I remember reading that and thinking, "Oh my goodness, how on earth could someone make $30 here in one month? That person must not have a life." And so it is, I have had no life in March as my bank currently sits at $29.89 and I will surely make the 11 additional cents by month-end to hit the $30 mark. And then I realized also that my math is fuzzy because it's March 19th and I've already made more than $1/day, but I was measuring it by having made $30 in one month, so I hadn't paid attention that I already met the goal. Now don't count on it to be a repeated performance because it's just a fluke that I was able to earn that much this month. And once again, for all of the newbies, it isn't about the money here, it's about the friendships and interaction. That being said, I won't be around here much in April because I have two book fairs to attend out of town and I'll be out of the country for 10 days (Morocco). I won't be taking my computer with me on this trip, so I'll be AWOL for a while.
The maximum I made here has been $38, it was an experiment to see how much I could make here working almost full time. Well, experiment done, now most of the time I am around $20/25 a month.
Your name is all over this site. You spend way more time here than most people. I don't come close to that amount a month and I'm here too much.
@AbbyGreenhill Starting from the next week I will be here less hours, I can finally stay outside.
@Lupita234 (2606)
well and how many hours here to make 38$
Well, if we don't have our full time job, maybe I can also do that. But that would already make me cross-eyed after the day.
@Lupita234 (2606)
lol so tired to write in the next day
• Prairieville, Louisiana
A job is more important than mylot because you can live off it.
@workathomefan Of course. We come here to enjoy interaction with our friends.
That is great that you were able to make that much. I just like to be on here for the fun of it.
@LoriAMoore (10781)
• Louisville, Kentucky
Yes, it certainly is fun.
@Lupita234 (2606)
well thats good
Congratulations! You're doing really well. If you put in the time here, then you certainly make more money.
@Lupita234 (2606)
hopes you earn more
Oh wow you did wonderful so far this month! That's awesome, congrats! This month has been slower for me but I have had a lot going on lately. Maybe next month I can do better here.
@silvermist (16353)
@LoriAMoore Congratulations.It is really good to hear about $1 a day thing. Your trip to Morocco would be enjoyable as you are not taking the computer with you.
@LoriAMoore (10781)
• Louisville, Kentucky
I'm excited about Morocco. I want to ride a camel and see the cobras and the people.
@silvermist (16353)
@LoriAMoore Be careful around the cobras.Have you made a list of things to do there?
@LoriAMoore (10781)
• Louisville, Kentucky
@silvermist It's a planned itinerary with a tour group seeing ruins, a mosque, a tannery, the dunes, and stuff I can't remember.
• Olney, Illinois
I knew you were already several dollars ahead of me a week or so ago. Not that it's a 'race' or anything, of course, but you go girl!
@Trensue (4384)
Are a competitive person JJ?
• Olney, Illinois
@Trensue Not really
@LoriAMoore (10781)
• Louisville, Kentucky
Thank you @jolietjake It was you that inspired me to see how hard I could push it and whether it was possible.
@bagarad (7001)
• Paso Robles, California
I don't think I'll ever meet the membership requirements for that club. I'm lucky if I get to $5 in a month. I hope you enjoy your bookfairs and make some good contacts.
@LoriAMoore (10781)
• Louisville, Kentucky
Thanks. My publisher went belly-up so I need to sell the inventory that I have of my six published books and then start working on new ones and re-publishing a couple of the old ones with a new publisher or self-published,
@bagarad (7001)
• Paso Robles, California
@LoriAMoore What do you write about?
@LoriAMoore (10781)
• Louisville, Kentucky
@bagarad Two Christian books, two children's books, one travel book, one suspense book
@Tina30219 (12339)
• Onaway, Michigan
Wow that is great I have never made that much would like to one of these days. I will be doing good to make 10.00 by end of the month.
@Lupita234 (2606)
at least its possible to do so thanks for sharing
@Tina30219 (12339)
• Onaway, Michigan
@Lupita234 Right it sure is.
@topffer (25135)
• France
You are doing very good, I am far to be a member of this club. The weather is nice in Morocco in April, but the sea is probably still a bit cold. If you go in the desert, do not forget to put a pullover or two in your luggage for the nights. Have a good holiday.
@Gillygirl (9893)
• Sutton, England
Well done for joining the club. I have yet to do it if ever. Still not reached more than 83 cents per day. Your Morocco trip is coming round fast.
Wow go you. That is awesome.
Congratulations! I´m in the 20 cents a day this month as I haven´t been much around.
@LoriAMoore (10781)
• Louisville, Kentucky
Have I ever told you that I've been to your country? Santiago, Arica, Valparaiso, and Punta Arenas are the cities I remember visiting.
@LoriAMoore I didn´t know that. I have never been to Punta Arenas myself. When did you come?
@LoriAMoore (10781)
• Louisville, Kentucky
@marguicha March of 2013. It was a 48 day cruise from Los Angeles to New York city via South America! Haha. We visited places in Brazil, Uruguay, Peru, Argentina, Chile, and other places I can't remember right now.
I don't think the average here is anywhere near $5 a day. Yes, no life means more time/money here. But I like having a life!
@LoriAMoore (10781)
• Louisville, Kentucky
If I said $5/day I meant to say $5/month.
@LoriAMoore That's a big difference LOL. When do you leave for your trip?
@LoriAMoore (10781)
• Louisville, Kentucky
@AbbyGreenhill April 5th.
@Lupita234 (2606)
hopes in morocco you get another $10
@LoriAMoore (10781)
• Louisville, Kentucky
Sadly I'm taking my computer with me to Morocco so I won't so well, but that's okay.
@Lupita234 (2606)
@LoriAMoore hopes a moroccan cobra dont take the computer!!!
Wao that's nice. Congratulations. Have a nice day
@Lupita234 (2606)
you too
@Lupita234 how's your day going?
holy cheese, you are at 30? Ive never once managed a dollar a day average here, but wow!!!
@LoriAMoore (10781)
• Louisville, Kentucky
I know, right? Holy cow!
• Cyprus
Congratulations on your earnings. You are doing great!
@Lupita234 (2606)
thats great to hear!!!
@Ronrybs (6427)
• London, England
I decided to set a target and aimed for 25 cent a day. I managed to hit it a few times. Don't think I am going to get too upset about it
@LoriAMoore (10781)
• Louisville, Kentucky
That seems like a very do-able goal.
I used to earn a dollar a day. but that was almost more than ten hours of being on mylot.