Eating and Dancing , They Always Go Together For our Batch

Every time, I and my HS batch mates practice our “Fame” dance, we would at first be served pica-pica or finger foods and chat until the choreographer arrives. And when the choreographer arrives, we will have our dinner. That dinner would be a lot of foods. After that the practice. It’s always that way, we have lots to eat for dinner, since our president would really want us to always come for the practice. Besides, others would always bring other foods to add . Anyway, we keep laughing because yes, dancing is by itself an exercise. But oh, we also eat a heavy dinner complete with desserts. And we are trying to lose weight to look good in whatever costume that we will choose be choosing this week. What is good though is we also burn those foods when we practice our dance already. Last Friday, after some practice at the family compound’s ground, we ate dinner at our president’s house, while her and the family, together with her brothers, sister, and relatives had a mass at the other sister’s porch for the death anniversary of their parents. When the mass was over, they all went inside the house of the sister while we practiced for more than an hour on the compound’s ground again. But when the sister saw us taking our rest already, she insisted that we also come to their house and partake of the foods prepared for the occasion. You guessed it right, we ate again and the foods were delicious. We also had champagne.
@HAPPSINGH (51544)
• Jalandhar, India
Very Nice, You are looking very awesome in the farthest right of the pic.
Thank you my friend. You really know how I look already, even in a group.
@HAPPSINGH (51544)
• Jalandhar, India
@SIMPLYD Look and you know me better as well, where i am and doing what LOL
At least you consume part of those calories dancing.
But not all because most of the times we ate a lot more than we danced, just like last Friday - two times , dinner.
@SIMPLYD Oh I know that! People believe that we consume plenty of calories with exercise but the maximum you can burn in one hour is about 600 calories using a stationery bicycling VIGOROUSELY! Nobody can do this for one hour, it's good if you resist 15 minutes, that is 200 calories A serving of pork and all your 200 calories are back.
@LadyDuck I agree. Well anyway, I compensate that by just eating a small apple for dinner when we don't have practice. But if we have, oh I don't like to drool seeing them eat with gusto.
@ilocosboy (15090)
it really come together. I can see you guys are enjoying the food together. That's nice, tired of dancing and the eating comes along.
No, actually, we always eat first before the practice. At least we get to dance away the calories we have just taken in when we ate our dinner first. But last Friday was a disaster. We cannot resist the invitation to eat again, because this might insult the sister of our batch's president. Besides, the chef was also her brother.
@ilocosboy (15090)
@SIMPLYD I like the bonding you have with your batchmates, you are so close togerher, well not in eating and dancing.
@ilocosboy Well, everybody is busy with their jobs. But we always take the opportunity to bond . Sometimes, we even watch Tagalog movies, though I don't like the cheezy one they like though, so I usually don't go and now they don't invite me anymore to watch a movie.
@Morleyhunt (12745)
Sounds like you and your friends have a really good time when you get together.
We really always have a good time whenever we all meet . And foods would always be present.
@ptrikha_2 (3355)
@SIMPLYD Yes favorite foods are very very important in such cases.
Sounds like a wonderful time at all. Glad the dancing helps to burn those calories consumed!!
However, I think the foods we ate can';t be just burned well in the dance practice, because it is sometimes so much, like last Friday, where we ate dinner twice.
@voyager11 (1386)
I drink to that mate! Cheers!
Thank you. Do you also get to eat and dance in your whole lifetime?
@voyager11 (1386)
@SIMPLYD Once in a while.
Dancing and eating are so enjoyable! Great photo
Yes. Of course when we dance we will also get tired and hungry. So food and dancing always go together. Thank you for liking the picture.
@amandajay (17451)
• Sri Lanka
Sounds like you had great fun and its a nice gathering it seems. More eating... Dont worry you will burn callories by dancing...lol... Have fun
Though last Friday, we had eaten more than danced because we have eaten dinner twice. But anyway, that's how it is when we gather, we have so much to eat.
Few people can resist table delicacies.Don't worry about gaining weight,dancing would burn off some calories.
Yes, dancing can burn off the calories, although last Friday we have eaten more than we danced.
Sounds like a lot of fun. Luckily you were dancing a lot as it seems you were eating a lot.
True. That;s why, it's also a great way to burn calories- practice dancing. But last Friday was a different thing.
@cherigucchi (3718)
Glad to know you are always having a good time with old friends. Just watch your diet!
Precisely. Who can resist those nice foods. But anyway, at least we still would practice after dinner. Maybe that can help in eliminating those calories we have just taken in.
Eatting , talking, dancing and having a good time is all the things you should be doing when you get together.
Yes, that's always the case. Good thing the eating comes first before the dancing. That way when we practice the dancing after we have eaten our dinner, we also get to dance away the calories we have just taken it. But last Friday, what a disaster though, because we get to eat another after the practice and we went home after that already
@ridingbet (19920)
It seems food, songs, and dancing are the best reunion activities of people who graduated in 1980's.sometimes though I don't attend reunions if those who go were not close to me; others may brag about their achievements.
Actually , I only get to join them after the batch 's 35th jubilarian activities five years ago. I don't want to attend those also before because others indeed maybe bragging of how rich they are already.
@ridingbet (19920)
@SIMPLYD yes that is true. we cannot deny that showing off one's achievements is good but also not good to others who have not yet lifted their standards of living. some will feel low while others will flaunt on their achievements in life.
@ridingbet That is true. That is why , our batchmates who are less fortunate doesn't attend our gatherings. Sometimes, when we eat out and the sharing comes, we don;t count them to share anymore. They seemed ashamed of that so next time they won't come anymore.
The eating.. err I mean the dancing sounds fun. Lol
Yes, actually the dancing, as well as the eating is so much fun, as always.
@SIMPLYD always a great time to spend with friends.
@thelme55 (6698)
I can relate. There is always lots of food when bonding with friends or batch mates. Lots of fun too.
ACtually , that's how Filipinos are. Everytime there is a chance for a get together, foods will always be present too.
@thelme55 (6698)
@SIMPLYD yes and I love it. I have to enjoy that while I am still here.
@thelme55 Better do .
@cacay1 (22994)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
Wow, I like that kind of life or most of us like happiness and leisure for pleasure.
Well, we are already nearing our senior years so we take this opportunity to dance in the alumni homecoming since we are one of the jubilarians. Besides, practicing is so much fun specially the foods.
@cacay1 (22994)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@SIMPLYD yes I love foods too, most of all dancing.
@cacay1 Really , you love dancing! Can you dance those ballroom dances ?
@epiffanie (7481)
Oh wow! so much food .. and so much fun .. all the best with the dance practice ..
Oh you know the Filipinos when they gather, they will always have foods and of course lots of fun and laughter. And that always happen when we practice. This afternoon, after office hours, we will be practicing again at our batch's president's house. She enticed everyone to come because her "yayabel" will cook a delicious dinner.
@epiffanie (7481)
@SIMPLYD oh yes, I can imagine all the yummy food! ..
@ptrikha_2 (3355)
You indeed had a great time together. And at such times, forget about "losing weight". :)
I agree. Actually when there is a gathering like this , we just have to enjoy and forget the diets. Diet will be later.
@ptrikha_2 (3355)
@SIMPLYD Yes very much true!
@salonga (26960)
You are obviously enjoying time eating and dancing with your batch mates. I hope you could shed off those extra pounds so you all look good in your costumes.
Exactly, that's what we are targeting , to look good in our costumes, which we are yet to finalize maybe this week. Others have pledged to shed some pounds but it seems it's not being done.
@salonga (26960)
@SIMPLYD Let us wait and see!
I think you are eating more than dancing.
And I absolutely agree with you there.