Changes on My Horizon

Good Monday to you all! Today begins my last week at my current job. I'm looking forward to moving, but saying my good byes might be a bit difficult since I've met so many great people. So today will be my last Monday at this workplace. Just another 11 days and we move. This month has really gone quickly. There isn't much furniture left in the house now, most of it is packed in the moving pod. Big changes on my horizon.
• Portland, Connecticut
We are so much alike, I am doing the same thing. Today is my last Monday in Florida and I am counting down the days and getting sad. We can be sad together!! Hugs
I didn't realize that the snow bird season is almost over. Now I'm sad for you, but you both had such a busy and great time there. I'm sure that your hearts will be happy when you see those wonderful grandchildren and the rest of your family when you get back to your home state.
• Portland, Connecticut
@Juliaacv Yes the same and you and your hubs and son so soon it will be family time for both of us.
@dodo19 (21367)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
This is definitely a change for you. It can be difficult to say goodbye to some good people. Hopefully, your last day goes well.
This week will be an interesting one, I only work 4 half days.
@dodo19 (21367)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
@Juliaacv It will definitely be interesting. It's definitely a change.
Big changes indeed - and a month ago you thought this day would never get here!
That's right, seems hard to believe. We move next Friday, the 31st.
It is will be an emotional time for you as you make that big move. There will be lots of mixed emotions. I wish you and hubby all the best in the next chapter of your lives!
Thank you. The end result will be great next week, but this wrapping things up is harder then I thought it would be.
@Juliaacv I would imagine!
• Midland, Michigan
Even though you'll be in a smaller house for a year is it? At least you'll be able to see your husband more often and I'm sure you're both looking forward to that. At least a large portion of your items are already moved out of the house. That will save you that worry at least. Good luck with saying your goodbyes at your job.
Thank you. Yes, week is hard to say good bye.
• Marion, Kansas
Changes are both daunting and exciting. We will all wish you the best on this adventure.
Thanks!
How do you feel knowing that this is your last week at this workplace? I always had mixed feeling of joy and sadness when we moved from one place to another.
I have mixed feelings too, but I am looking forward to the move.
@Juliaacv You are still too busy now. It is incredible how many things we have to pack.
@LadyDuck I am almost finished. We just have so much, things that we can live without, but we've held on to. We purged a lot, but are still keeping a lot too, we hope to have a yard sale in the spring after we move. I packed up the last of the non-perishable items in our second pantry last evening. I will take those in the car, I don't want them in the storage pod.
@fishtiger58 (25072)
• Momence, Illinois
I know you will miss those you work with, but I'm glad you are moving soon. I know how much you miss your husband. It will be good to be back with him full time. Good luck on the move.
Yes, I am an emotional wreck the past 7 weeks. But, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. And we'll be back under the same roof for 7 days a week instead of just 2 before too long.
@fishtiger58 (25072)
• Momence, Illinois
@Juliaacv Awesome I'm glad you are finally at the end of all this separation.
@fishtiger58 Yes, I just have to make it until a week from Friday!!! Actually my husband will be here on the Thursday and we'll spend our last night here and then leave together on the 31st.
Good luck there.Enjoy the new place.I wish you lots of luck.
Thank you!
@Juliaacv I would love to send you a house warming gift there.That would be nice.You are a good friend here
@amadeo Alfredo, you are such a sweet person. I don't know what I'd do without your wit, humor and kindness on here!
@PainsOnSlate (16265)
I hope you love your new life and new home. I have moved more times than I want to think about but the house we now have is our forever home....only because we are both retired...
I've gotten to that point where I am all right with letting go of the home. Now I need to say my farewells to some wonderful people that I've met over the course of the time that I've worked here. We'll be happy when we move, this situation isn't ideal and has been difficult.
@Juliaacv Change is always difficult, but look at it as an adventure, stay positive and you will find your new life will be a happy one. I think you know we ( my husband and children and I) moved around 32 times during our marriage...but we had made the decision to do that so my husband could rise to the top in his line of work, The kids did well going to schools in different places almost every year, it made them strong and confident in their skin. It made us rely on each other. I wish you nothing but happiness...
@PainsOnSlate Last night I started looking up websites for places in our new city and it got me excited. I am looking at it as an adventure, I just get a heavy heart when so many people that I work with tell me that they'll miss me and they go on and on. Some of that is complimentary, but some of it gets old too.
@sueznewz2 (7289)
• Alicante, Spain
I hope everything goes smoothly for you... saying goodbye's at work ect can be difficult... but ssooooo much to look forward too... best wishes for a trouble free move...
I know, and I am looking forward to everything that will come at the new address in April.
@sueznewz2 (7289)
• Alicante, Spain
@Juliaacv good I'm glad.... I mustcadmit I've always enjoyed the house moves I've made ... exciting times ahead...
A new place to live is a big change all by itself. Hopefully, you will find another great job like the one you have.
That will be a challenge, I hope so though.
@katsmeow1213 (27534)
I hope the transition goes smoothly for you!
Thank you, I'm looking forward to the move, a little more every day.
Big changes but good changes. As sad as it will be to leave you're embarking on a whole new chapter in your life
I know, and I am looking forward to the new chapter. I was in the kitchen making a coffee this morning at work and another worker, who isn't in my department came by and chatted with me and reminded me that I have to stop in before I'm done. We've known each other for 12 years by working together.
@prinzcy (4212)
Good luck with your new job. It is sad to leave familiar faces, especially when we're close to them. But sometimes it is necessary for a better future in our part. Maybe the new place will give more happy memories.
Thank you, I'm sure that we'll have many more happy memories at our new place.
• Olney, Illinois
G'mornin' Canada Welcome to this year's edition of Spring, the fun-filled game that anyone can play!
Anyone.........even me? Oh what fun!
@alberello75 (5762)
• Genova, Italy
When changes are positive, everything will be ok
It's sad that you have to leave some great workmates behind, but these are exciting times for you. I expect you wuill be glad when the move is accomplished.
@ChesneyM (6055)
As long as everything is under control and you are prepared for the changes, then life should be great, am I right? (I dislike surprises, so when things force on me suddenly, I get very agitated.)
It's always so exciting to make a big move like this. I always loved moving.