Monday Morning Thoughts

This morning as I was cleaning the cat litter box I thought someone should invent a self cleaning one. It is really a most unpleasant job, but it has to be done several times a day or our kitty is a very unhappy girl. Then I thought of other chores I do around the home that would be awesome if they were self cleaning. Like my microwave, my lent box on my dryer , my toilet bowl , stovetop and drip pans. Well, a girl can dream. Is there anything that you would like to have that is self cleaning ?
@Tampa_girl7 There are self cleaning litter boxes!
27 3/8" L X 19" W X 7" H, nothing to fill, empty or clean for up to 30 days with one cat! Automatically rakes and grooms litter. Seals waste into covered trap built into litter tray cartridge. Locks in odor. Whisper quiet operation.
I wonder how good they work and how much they cost. Thanks, I will check into them
@Tampa_girl7 There are several types out there and most work well. The one above is pricey at $149.00 but it is one of the more expensive ones.
@Berniezeitler wow, that is outrageous.
Definitely the bathroom - and probably my juicer.
Cleaning a juicer is not fun
there are self cleaning ones! this is the one we got, and J has had and used before and loved. She said you want to put it on a timer, so it doesn't run all day when it doesnt need too, just have it set to run a couple times a day. PetSafe Simply Clean Self Cleaning Litter Box
Amazon.com : PetSafe Simply Clean Self Cleaning Litter Box : Self Cleaning Litter Box : Pet Supplies
I will check into it and see if the price is right
@Tampa_girl7 it seems a bit much, 90ish, but, J said it is wonderful. it will have to be plugged in, and J said to use the correct litter, and put a timer on it, to keep it from running 24/7. the reviews say it only works a year, but that's when it runs constantly. The best bet is to get a timer and have it turn on and run a couple times a day
Marie, it exist the self cleaning cat litter box, even Amazon sells it. For the microwave there is a very simple way to clean it placing inside water with cut up lemons, heating, letting cool down and then wiping. No tips for the toilet bowl, only the old method.
I do the water and lemon tip
@Tampa_girl7 This helps a lot to keep the microwave clean.
@UncleJoe (6604)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
Might be easier to have a self-cleaning cat.
If only she could clean her own litter pan
Definitely the bathrooms and it would be nice if the furniture dusted itself. I just saw a commercial for a new kitty litter called "s!ice". Have you seen it?
No, I haven't heard of it.
well maybe you can figured it out.You will become a millionaire.
That would be fantastic
@FayeHazel (6211)
I agree, self cleaning toilet would be nice... dishes - I know there's a dish washer, but I had loading it. I wish I could just set stuff in the sink and it would do it by itself. Oh! Clothes, I hate doing laundry... Actually I think there is a self-cleaning litter pan. Think I saw an info-mercial once
Washing dishes is something I actually enjoy.
@garymarsh6 (11250)
NO such mod cons here Marie. Just good old elbow grease!
• Portland, Connecticut
They do have self-cleaning litter boxes,
The Litter Robot is the best automatic Self-Cleaning cat-litter box. Never scoop again with our patented sifting process that cleans litter automatically!
Self-cleaning floors would work for me. I vacuum every room each day to Molly, the pup. A big vacuum in the basement should suck all floor debris through vents that lead to a huge container in the basement. However, not too much sucking power since a human or pet could be held fast to a vent until the power it turned off.
@Ronrybs (7067)
• London, England
I look on it as a labour of love! Sometimes the moggie likes to wake up at dawn and I am sure it is done out of affection! I am sure I've seen an advert from the US about an auto litter tray cleaner. Ater its electric motors and sieves finished everything was dumped down the lavatory. Don't think that can be good for the drains!
It looks like the self cleaning litter pans are out of my budget.
@Ronrybs (7067)
• London, England
@Tampa_girl7 At the end of the day, while it is a chore it does take me away from sitting in front of the idiot box going brain numb!
@Ronrybs I guess I could consider it exercise.
@LoriAMoore (11373)
• Louisville, Kentucky
There really is a self-cleaning litterbox on the market.
I found that out
@sugartoes (24458)
• Greencastle, Indiana
they DO make a liter box that cleans itself IF you want to pay a hefty price for it & the rest of the list you have well I can't help you with those.
http://bestcatlitterboxesguide.com/self-cleaning-litter-box/ CatGenie The world's only self-flushing, self-washing cat box. You'll never touch, change or buy...
I think I'll keep doing it by hand
Self-cleaning cupboard doors would be good.
They do have self cleanng litter boes but I have heard that they do not work right. So it is better to clean the litter bo yourself.
@thelme55 (7316)
I would love to have a self cleaning window glasses. I hate window cleaning.
• Preston, England
oven, sink, carpets, me lol
Well would be great for the trash to take itself out lol
@LeaPea2417 (9868)
• Toccoa, Georgia
I wish there were self cleaning refrigerators. That is the one thing I hate to clean the inside of!