The TV Show Made Jesus A Gay Character

@LoriAMoore (10936)
Louisville, Kentucky
No, no, no not THE Jesus of the Bible. Surely a television show wouldn't go that far. I'm talking about The Walking Dead. There is a character named Jesus who lives with the Hilltoppers. That's his photo with this post. Isn't he a hottie? Look at those eyes! So in last night's episode he was talking about his past with Maggie and he mentioned that he always had trouble with boyfriends. What? Sure, it was subtle, but it was there. The Walking Dead, now in its 7th season, has had 3 sets of gay characters now. There was Tara and Denise as a couple and there is still Aaron and Eric as a couple so they've covered the boy/boy and girl/girl aspects. Now Jesus has come out as gay. And let's not forget the whole interracial relationship going on between Rick and Michone. But it makes me wonder. Are people more accepting in the post-zombie apocalypse world? Is it a matter of fewer options in the post-zombie apocalypse world? Are gay and lesbian people stronger and more likely to survive a zombie apocalypse? Or, is the show using these situations for ratings? The show took a lot of criticism with its opener last season due to unnecessary graphic violence. By the way, I'm a huge The Walking Dead fan.
I also think that , what is his name? The one over hilltop? I think he is gay too. I am not really a fan of Rick and Michone even before they were a couple, I like Maggie, Carl, Daryl and Carol the real zombie slayers and they seem to be stronger characters of the show. None of what is on the show is new to me, I have lived in a Military town my whole life so I have seen some things most have not.
@LoriAMoore (10936)
• Louisville, Kentucky
Gregory, the Mayor of Hilltop is a dooschbag (spelled for MyLot)
@LoriAMoore Gregory is a total jerk but they always seem to be some of those around.
Daryl and Carol are my favorites. They are the toughest with a resolute of steel.
I caught that almost mumbled boyfriend thing with Jesus. In fact I rewound it to see if I had heard right. None of the coupling on TWD bothers me and I love that show.
@Beatburn (3761)
I love the latest episode. A great war will transpire. Will Negan die? I think they are using it as a way to reach all demographics. In the graphic novel Daryl is gay. Now he and Jesus? I wonder how you would react to that. I'm a Rick and Michionne fan.
@LoriAMoore (10936)
• Louisville, Kentucky
I wondered if Daryl was going to end up being gay and hook up with Jesus. So he was gay in the graphic novel, huh? I didn't know that.
@Beatburn (3761)
@beckish Oh yeah, it was Jesus who was gay. I'm wrong.
@jobelbojel (1327)
I am a huge fan too. I haven't seen episodes of the new season since the mid season break. Ughhhh! I am a bummer. And that Hilltop guy is a revelation!
@LoriAMoore (10936)
• Louisville, Kentucky
Oh so sorry if I spoiled it for you and you haven't seen it yet.
@LoriAMoore No. It's okay. I will catch up soon and will not open discussions about TWD for now. Hehehe. Just kidding. Of course I like reading TWD posts.
@stbrians (9669)
• Kakamega, Kenya
GAY spells pervasiveness to me. I wish them well
@xFiacre (8346)
@loriamoore thanks for dissuading me from getting hooked on yet another TV series!!
@stbrians (9669)
• Kakamega, Kenya
@topffer (25197)
• France
I do not know that show, but your title was intriguing enough to draw the attention, well done.
@LoriAMoore (10936)
• Louisville, Kentucky
I try, I try.
It's just a reflection of real life. :)
I am a fan too but I haven't watched the latest episode yet. I will probably watch it online tomorrow.
greatttt
@moffittjc (25016)
• Gainesville, Florida
Jesus is gay in the comics, so there has been a lot of talk over the last year of whether or not the show's creators would make him gay for the TV show. I guess we now know that answer. It doesn't bother me at all that they set up these relationship scenarios. It's safe to say that if homosexuality exists in the normal world, it's also going to exist in the post-apocalyptic world as well. I think they have been very tasteful so far in how they have presented the gay characters and their relationships.
In the comics, I do remember that Jesus is gay. Are people more accepting in the post-zombie apocalypse world? I guess so. Is it a matter of fewer options in the post-zombie apocalypse world? Perhaps. Unless, you are into zombies! Are gay and lesbian people stronger and more likely to survive a zombie apocalypse? I have no idea. Or, is the show using these situations for ratings? The comics is far more violent.
Maybe they are just trying to appeal to a more broad audience
Well I haven't seen this show but yeah he looks too good
@OreoBrownie (2223)
• Winder, Georgia
I'll never believe any of that.
@LeaPea2417 (8669)
• Toccoa, Georgia
I have never watched that show and I am glad I have not watched it from what you wrote above. But, my husband and son watched it in the earlier Seasons. They have not watched the newer Seasons.
@Ronrybs (6485)
• London, England
This is another show I haven't seen. It seems the most popular I tend to miss.
I've never watched the show
@loriamoore I have not watched past half the first episode on Netflix but plan to get to it one day. Yes, I thought those eyes were beautiful before I even read your post!