MyLot: 5 x 5 Monday Kickstart Challenge Week 2

@CoralLevang (17793)
Last Monday I decided to start a new challenge--MyLot: 5 x 5 Monday Kickstart Challenge. ( if interested in knowing what it is, you can read about it in the link below. I don't want to bore you with the same details here.) I thought it worked out pretty well! And I enjoyed the process. I'm not so sure that it did anything special as far as increasing my overall numbers except for that day. I also don't know if anyone else took part in the challenge for themselves. I do know that some people are thinking about how to incorporate new ideas into their mylot week. I have decided to do it again today. I am choosing 5 people for today's challenge and I will go back to their profile pages and Pick 5 things that they have written about to read and comment today. I will dig a little more deeply than just the last few days. So that last week's people don't fall through the cracks, I will pick two each of things they have written this week on which to comment. All in all, that will mean that I am reading 35 discussions and making 35 comments. This will be a minimum of things that I seek out today. Again, in no particular order, here are this week's people for the second 5x5 Monday Challenge: 1. @crossbones27 2. @infatuatedbby 3. @xFiacre 4. @AbbyGreenhill 5. @Lubuto Last week's choices: 1. @celticeagle 2. @youless 3. @Platespinner 4. @Fleura 5. @besweet And like last week, should you choose to join me in this challenge, please make sure you enter these two tags-- 5 x 5 Monday, and Kickstart -- and let me know that you did! Do you create challenges for yourself? What do you do for yourself to increase the activity am interacting with people? Have you found things that work particularly well for you?
I am always up for an experiment. I have decided to do a 5-by-5 Monday challenge to try to jump start my week and get a few new discussions going those whom I...
I will note that Abby's forte is her piece titles, she is the best title writer on here I think.
@CoralLevang (17793)
I agree with you. I have known @abbygreenhill for about 8 years now online. She is brilliant
@CoralLevang @Jessicalynnt you guys are making me blush!!!!!!?
@CoralLevang (17793)
@AbbyGreenhill you blush? Now that surprises me
You should know my stuff by heart by now LOL. Challenge myself - it's a challenge staying awake until 9 pm..I don't put 'work' on my fun. I have no problem here making things work. You already know I make jello what else is there?
@CoralLevang (17793)
Unfortunately, I don't read regularly enough. So I'm going to look around for five of those in your list that will be rather interesting. Don't knock it! And it's not too much work for me I think it's fun
@CoralLevang I am not knocking it - but I like to make it clear that I don't go looking for more to do - as a matter of fact I will be cutting back my time here for a few reasons. Warm weather - outside more. Plus I am not on unlimited plan. I have been using my allotted time a week before the cycle ends and that is a pain...I could buy more minutes but I opt for letting them slow me down and it takes longer to do things. I would like to start cutting back so HughesNet won't get richer.
@CoralLevang (17793)
@AbbyGreenhill I didn't know they still have limited internet plans
@besweet (7127)
• Greece
The challenge worked incredibly well last Monday! I am going to participate again this week with one day delay. I am glad to hear that it worked for you as well.
@CoralLevang (17793)
Excellent! I really believe this is helping things to pick up. I just looked at my entire history of earnings, especially in the last 5 months (6 counting March). In those 5 months, I averaged $11 each month ($7.80 to $15.35 range). Already, in 20 days, I'm over $13, averaging 66 cents a day. This means it is quite possible to hit $20 this month. So, I think that, if this is what I want to do, I need to remain active and willing to do things differently than I did in the previous 15 months (avg. $2 a mo).
@besweet (7127)
• Greece
@CoralLevang That is a great idea! I usually make it to payout every other month, I wish I could be so active. It is a great way to stay active and I am sure that if you are consistent you can see the earnings increase again. I noticed my highest earnings on those days too and I believe that with some extra effort I could make it this month.
@CoralLevang (17793)
@besweet I want to make pay out every month. $5 is not that difficult in one month if you just evenif do everything the first few days for that $5 and then nothing much the next few weeks
@sueznewz2 (7289)
• Alicante, Spain
I like the sound of that... I don't have time to do five new people but I might look at 2 new people...
@CoralLevang (17793)
Two new people a week is good! I just do this on Mondays and then go back to the week before and look at the ones I did before and it just kick started my week. And I did not work with any new things any on the second day at all, but just responded to notifications of people commenting back to me. That's it period just from that effort on Monday, I've had dollar plus day in a row which is a good start and then I don't worry too much but just handle notifications throughout the rest of the week
@sueznewz2 (7289)
• Alicante, Spain
@CoralLevang it's a good idea... and I too notice the difference in the dollar total when I've spent time on here... which I love to do... but am not always able to spend as much time on here interacting as I would like...
@CoralLevang (17793)
@sueznewz2 of course! I figure if I can do that for 5 on one day and then I can start catching up during the rest of the week. Like today 20 minutes. That's all I have
@Lubuto (810)
• Zambia
Wow I can see myself on the list am humbled. I joined you on the challenge last week and it worked perfect for me. Results were great. Today I had challenges with internet connection. So this is when am trying to catch up with the 5x5 challenge. Hopefull I will make it.
@CoralLevang (17793)
I enjoyed reading what you have to write. I'm glad that you joined the challenge and I'm glad that it worked some for you. I think it's a good way for us to get to know one another
@Lubuto (810)
• Zambia
@CoralLevang Thank you for the compliments.
@CoralLevang (17793)
@Lubuto my pleasure
A very interesting challenge! I am apart of your beta challenge today! Are you keeping track of the earnings and seeing if all the individuals respond and interact with you too?
@CoralLevang (17793)
No, I'm just starting to do it for my own enjoyment. I think it's going to be a long term process to see the effects
@CoralLevang oh yes very true since it's for Mondays
• Prairieville, Louisiana
How nice of you to mention other mylot users in a post.Those users must have felt special.
@CoralLevang (17793)
I just want to be able to start reading more. And I don't find myself doing it enough, so I'm trying to do this to be accountable to people and to myself. And also to introduce some new writers. I have some other ideas in mind. It's hard sometimes to read other discussions, so this keeps me at least doing something and checking it out at least once a week. Next week I will do the same thing and drop them down to the second list and Pick 5 new and then people will drop off of course each week but it just gets me into a habit
There are certain members that one responds to every day because of similar interests or it's easy to comment. Others are catch as catch can depending on topic. It's difficult to leave an intelligent or at least decent on a subject you can't identify with. I have often thought about responding to every post and never do.
@CoralLevang (17793)
I don't respond to absolutely everything, but I did know that I need to up my ante a little bit because I don't read and comment enough
• Redlands, California
This is a neat challenge good for interacting and possibly helping people understand how to earn money here. Well done.