I'm done with myLot

@CoralLevang (21274)
Today it's taken a little toll on me for time. This is my Monday Kickstart challenge day, and last week it took me just over an hour to complete my challenge. Today it took me two hours. However, I was doing it solely from my cell phone today so I couldn't put the time down. Only able to do one thing at a time and on such a small screen is difficult. Yet, I got through the 35 discussions, and I commented at least that much, in addition to responding to a few other comments on those same discussions. Now my eyes hurt and I have a bit of a headache so I'm going to call it a day on mylot, at least until this evening. I know that I will need to deal with notifications at some point.
• Denmark
I only use my computer. I wouldn't like a tiny screen.
@CoralLevang (21274)
I don't like it at all. But I'm not able to use my computer often. And don't have access all the timeto one
@CoralLevang I've not tried using mylot on my phone but I doubt it's comfortable or easy on the eyes.
@CoralLevang (21274)
@lovebuglena it's difficult, at best. And the fact that I'm over the age of 60 it doesn't help on my eyes! But I'm happy to have it on my phone because my computer is not well
Reading the title, I thought you are done here forever. Good to know that it is just for the time being.
@CoralLevang (21274)
Nope, just done for the day for now
@fluffysue (1403)
That's what I thought, too! Glad you are only done for the day! I've been on a little break from mylot, too, since I wasn't online much the last couple of weeks. I don't like using the mobile site much, although it's pretty good, because it's just such a pain typing the words on my phone and getting the right ones to come up!
@CoralLevang (21274)
@fluffysue it is why I use the voice activation. On your cell phone instead of typing down at the left hand bottom corner you should have a little microphone. I still have to go back and edit from time to time, but it makes it easier for me
@coralevang I am sorry about the headache. Sunday night my head felt funny. Not really a headache but felt weird. It eventually went away. I took two Tylenol's, so maybe it was a headache just no severe! My sister said t relax and have a snack. Se wasn' sure if I ate enough that day. So I did have a snack per her email response!
@CoralLevang (21274)
It sounds like you are able to get over the headache. I look forward to taking my two Tylenol and closing my eyes
@CoralLevang That is a good idea! It can cause a headache sometimes on the computer the eyes tire. Hope you can come on my lot tonight! I am waiting for my stuffed peppers I put in the microwave to cool then it's dinner then reading in bed till anytime between 6-8 pm i decided!
@CoralLevang (21274)
@Marty1 stuffed peppers are the yummiest!. I used to love them when my mother would make them when I was a little girl. I thought they were something special because they had their own little dish
Your post title was ominous. You meant just for now not permanently.
@CoralLevang (21274)
Madeyewlook!
@dodo19 (22649)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
I prefer to be on mylot on my computer. It's easier to see and type.
@CoralLevang (21274)
Yes ma'am!
@alberello75 (6207)
• Genova, Italy
I will have to stay a month of inactivity on Mylot. This is because I will come hospitalized in a rehabilitation community far more than 200 kilometers from my house. Therefore, I will not be available to the PC, for the dwell time.
@CoralLevang (21274)
When do you leave? I wish you much success.
• Genova, Italy
@CoralLevang After that my doctor will have done electronically acceptance, the waiting list for admission, it is estimated about two weeks. I have to leave for a while from my home, fault of my psychological problems, here has created an unbearable situation with my family, especially with my brother!
@CoralLevang (21274)
@alberello75 then it's time to get help, and it's time to do what you can for yourself. I have psychological problems myself and it's learning how to deal with them. There is no quick fix definitely. I wish you the best
@Beatburn (3956)
Get some much needed rest. You deserve it.
@CoralLevang (21274)
Thank you! I hope you are well
@Beatburn (3956)
@CoralLevang Yes, I am. Thanks.
@EddieHands (27561)
meow yes take a break! I don't post as much as I used to. But I love posting from the PC and laptop more. I hardly post from my phone anymore.. Blessings
@CoralLevang (21274)
If I had a laptop that was more reliable and if I had a desktop at all I would always use those too
Hope you feel better soon. I am still working on getting better.
@CoralLevang (21274)
I probably just need to stay off at the computer! Haha I hope you're doing better, as well.
@pgntwo (16808)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
It is meant to be something pleasurable, not a trial. Notifications are set at stupid levels by default, perhaps you need to turn some off...
@CoralLevang (21274)
I think you've misunderstood. This is about the five by five Kickstart challenge and the difference between last week and this week in how I was accessing it. However, I appreciate your response, because I think that it will help a lot of other people. I have most my notifications turned off. Thank you so
@pgntwo (16808)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
@CoralLevang My apologies for jumping to the wrong conclusion - I misread most seriously. Oh well, no harm done
@CoralLevang (21274)
@pgntwo no problem! I was happy to have you put that there because there are a lot of people that don't know about it
I vary what I do first on here, to try and not get too burned out
@CoralLevang (21274)
I wanted to get through my 5x5 kick-start challenge today & have it done and over with
@CoralLevang that is a pretty challenging challenge
@CoralLevang (21274)
@Jessicalynnt it's not so bad when I have a regular computer. An hour
A break for a bit will do you good. It is very straining on the eyes.
@CoralLevang (21274)
Yes, and I'm still at it now at the Starbucks. After I wrote 12 Pages by hand in a journal! Haha
@CoralLevang that is a lot of writing to do by hand.
@CoralLevang (21274)
@Happy2BeMe at least it's not with a quill and ink bottle!
When you say "I got through the 35 discussions" do you mean those by others, discussions you've posted over a period of time, or that you've published 35 discussions today?
@CoralLevang (21274)
Rather than try to explain it here, if you go to last Monday and today's article about it as well it will tell you about what I call the kick-start challenge. I'm starting this on Mondays to get my week rolling.
@CoralLevang Ok. Found and read it. Makes more sense now what you were referring to.
@CoralLevang (21274)
@lovebuglena I'm glad. I just do this to jump start my week. Because I don't get a chance to read too much during the week other than managing my own notifications
It is continuous isn't it? Always something.
@CoralLevang (21274)
I guess that just describes life, doesn't it? It's always something
@CoralLevang .....And that makes it an adventure.
@mysdianait (64019)
Two hours Lotting from the small screen on my smartphone would have killed me!
@CoralLevang (21274)
Shoot me now! Haha
@mysdianait (64019)
@Tina30219 (14576)
• Onaway, Michigan
Yeah using a smalll screen can be painful on the eyes and cause a headache which sucks. I hope you enjoy your time relaxing.
@CoralLevang (21274)
The fact that I had no caffeine today to might be part of my problem
@Tina30219 (14576)
• Onaway, Michigan
@CoralLevang Could be I have not had my coffee for a couple days now because I am out of my creamer but will be getting some tomorrow because we will be going grocery shopping.
@Lubuto (2361)
• Zambia
I use the phone, small screen is a challenge.
@CoralLevang (21274)
And you are younger than I am!
@Lubuto (2361)
• Zambia
@CoralLevang yes I am
This is my last comment for the day. Have to get to bed soon. Long day tomorrow. Have a great evening lady!
@CoralLevang (21274)
Sleep well there lady!
@Paljas (152)
• South Africa
I prefer my notebook screen to my cell phone screen. I have a decent smart phone & a tablet, but why suffer on smaller screens, when I can work on a big screen?
@CoralLevang (21274)
Since I don't have the luxury of having a tablet, and my desktop or laptop are not working well, then I am relegating to doing certain things on my smartphone 50% of the time.
Take some rest.
@CoralLevang (21274)
Rested. LOL And still awake now, watching Dancing with the Stars.
@CoralLevang My mom loves that show.
@CoralLevang (21274)
@TheInvisibleMan I don'[t usually watch it, but it seems like that's all that is on. Getting ready to see Mr. T in his premiere dance.