Never a Dull Moment!

Our Neighborhood Mailbox
@bagarad (7378)
Paso Robles, California
So yesterday I went to my neighborhood communal mailbox, reached into the side door pocket in my car to get my key, and ...... it wasn't there. I know from the last time I dropped my key where I couldn't reach it the post office told me I'd have to call a locksmith or visit a mechanic. I left just as the post office was closing and one of the people behind the counter who heard me tell my sad story followed me out. She said she used to work for a mechanic and would help me retrieve the keys from where they had fallen. So that time I was rescued. No such luck this time. I have no idea where the key is. I've searched my pocket of all clothes I've worn, did another search of the car, and even checked the street around where I parked when getting my mail last time, about five days ago. I have till Thursday to find them before my appointment with the locksmith at my mailbox. If I don't, it will cost me around $120 to get a new lock with two or three keys. I'm praying I still might find them. Anything exciting happened to you this week?
@Morleyhunt (13689)
I have my four year old granddaughter for a sleepover. Tomorrow morning I will bring her to school.
@bagarad (7378)
• Paso Robles, California
That should be fun for you.
@Morleyhunt (13689)
@bagarad she certainly keeps me on my toes. When she gets home from school she is a bundle of energy....by the time supper is finished she's still energetic but getting irritable. She is in bed by 7:30 but is up again by 6.
@bagarad (7378)
• Paso Robles, California
@Morleyhunt I'm glad you have enough energy to handle her. I really felt for my mom. When she was 76 she needed to care for my five-year-old nephew for a year. My house was only big enough to hold my twelve-year-old nephew, and we thought we'd be better able to handle an almost teen than she was. We lived five hours apart. Fortunately, the situation lasted only about eleven months. When the children were able to return home, we weren't sure if the situation would stay stable. That's why I was able to convince my mom to move closer to us so if we needed to take the children again, I'd be able to help here more with them. I'm glad they were able to stay with their parents and that the situation resolved itself.
• Portland, Connecticut
Might be time to send a prayer to St Anthony, he helps me find things all the time. I hope you find it.
@bagarad (7378)
• Paso Robles, California
What's strange is that as I was waking up this morning I had a vision where I opened my front door and saw the missing keys next to the doormat. When I got up, I opened the door, but only the mat was there. Later, jsut before I left for a dentist appointment, I decided to check the drawer where I used to keep the extra copy of the mailbox key. I thought I'd never gotten one for this key, only the old key to an older mailbox. I was delighted to find I was wrong and that there was, indeed, a duplicate key in the drawer. And I did ask the Lord to help me find that key.
• Portland, Connecticut
@bagarad I am so glad that you found it, praise the Lord.
@bagarad (7378)
• Paso Robles, California
@UncleJoe (6318)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
I once lost my communal mailbox key. All I had to do was go to our post office and they gave me another one, FREE. Different state but same postal service.
@bagarad (7378)
• Paso Robles, California
My post office said they don't have copies and I'd have to use a locksmith. Sure glad I found my duplicate. It's strange that a national postal service would not have the same policies.
@UncleJoe (6318)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
@bagarad Sounds more like you have lazy employees on your end. Then again, a lot of them don't even know how the postal system works. They only know their little job. DMV is the same way.
@bagarad (7378)
• Paso Robles, California
@UncleJoe Last time I dropped my keys in an awkward place between the seat of my car and the center where the gear shift is. I didn't have any tool that could reach it. On that day a very helpful clerk helped me retrieve them with a tool she had -- after she left work. I had come at closing time. Usually, the clerks here are helpful. Of course, since I stopped shipping on a daily basis, many of the ones I knew by name have retired.
Sorry about your keys. The person we thought might buy our big bus has cancelled so that is a bit of a let-down for us.
@bagarad (7378)
• Paso Robles, California
I'm sorry your sale fell through. At least I found a duplicate key I didn't know I had.
@DWDavis (9490)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
Nothing amazing yet, but the week is still young. I hope you find your keys.
@bagarad (7378)
• Paso Robles, California
I hope if you get excitement it will be good excitement. I didn't find the key I lost, but I did find a duplicate of it.
@silvermist (17655)
Happy that you were able to find the duplicate key.I would say this was the exciting moment.
@bagarad (7378)
• Paso Robles, California
Certainly more exciting that waiting for a mail person to get to my box and pop a lock for me so I can take it to a locksmith or having to pay a locksmith to come do it. I've since found out that many of my neighbors have popped their locks themselves, and that's a bit scary. If they can pop their own locks that easily, they could pop anyone's including mine.
@silvermist (17655)
@bagarad So all's well that ends well,I suppose.
@bagarad (7378)
• Paso Robles, California
@silvermist I hope so.
Nothing exciting here. Besides getting to $3 on here.
@bagarad (7378)
• Paso Robles, California
$3 is $3 and that's always good to have.
@bagarad that is true!
And you call it 'Never a dull moment' Some moment this I too misplace things and have had the 'never a dull moment' moments.
@bagarad (7378)
• Paso Robles, California
Sometimes dull moments look good in contrast to some of my more exciting ones.
@LoriAMoore (10641)
• Louisville, Kentucky
Oh so sorry you've lost the key. I did that once.
@bagarad (7378)
• Paso Robles, California
I didn't find the key I lost, but I did find a duplicate in a drawer that I thought I didn't have. So I got my mail. I still am hoping I can get a copy of this key made. I feel very vulnerable with only one key.
You only have one key? Na nothing much just cleaning house.
@bagarad (7378)
• Paso Robles, California
I thought I did. Fortunately I was wrong and I found a duplicate this afternoon. Now I just have one key unless I find the one I lost.
@rina110383 (21778)
Nothing exciting happened to me this week. Been busy with work because of the upcoming tax season.