Please remove your shoes please!!!!

Good afternoon.A nice and warm sunny day today. Most people knows about New England weather. While people visit my house they know that shoes comes off. This is an old tradition in most foreign place. I do not want to walk in a house with hardwood floors or rugs. I respect this very much.I always take my shoes off when dining at someone house.They have lovely floors and rugs.Why should I make a mess of it. I tell my guest,yes I do and kid me not.Shoes off.Walking around barefoot or shoeless is fine.I have lovely oriental rugs,Wide floors that is clean and treated. I do not want the crap from your shoes marking up my house.am I rude not. I go to many lovely home and shoes come off. Most of them know this and the weather we have here is unpredictable. Take your shoes off please.no I do not put the sign up.But they know. I am a tiger.How do you feel about this? whatever you say it will not offend me.So carry on Photo is free anywhere on line.
You used please twice in this title-it got my attention! I am the same way, I couldn't walk past the entrance of a home without taking off my shoes, even in the summer when I wear flip flops. And I prefer people to take their footware off when they enter our home too, we have beautiful hardwood also, and you have to care for it to maintain it over the years. I promise to take my shoes off the next time that I come to see you, Mike and Ms Ruby-okay?
@Juliaacv okay.do we have a date when.This would be fun no.
@amadeo I wish! I think that you 2 and the dog would be so much fun to spend a day with. We sure would laugh wouldn't we?
I wish more people thought like that
I always remove my shoes when visiting someone. And I expect people who come here to do the same polite thing.
@marlina good for you.You respect this and so do I.
@salonga (27161)
I also remove my shoes or slippers because I want them to do the same when they go to my house.
@UncleJoe (6360)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
Visitors also remove their shoes when they come to my house. Then they put on rubber boots because the BS sure get's deep around here.
@UncleJoe I see.BS
• Midland, Michigan
I have no problem with it, but some people cannot take off their shoes. Especially someone like my husband that wears a prosthetic. I will ask homeowners when I go inside whether they want me to remove them or not. I will also make sure I wipe them good on a rug for that purpose inside the door. If I'm not sure what I may have walked through, I'll remove them without asking just to be safe. Some people don't care, some are in the middle of spring cleaning and will be cleaning their carpets soon, so it all depends. We had one customer for years that would supply hospital socks for those that came over in sandals. She felt that the oils on our feet would ruin her carpets. So we learned to make sure we brought our own socks when cleaning her windows each year.
@MarshaMusselman I have never come across with this.But do see your point there
@LoriAMoore (10796)
• Louisville, Kentucky
I say when in Amadeo's house, do as Amadeo says. We don't wear shoes in the house.
@LoriAMoore.They still playing there.My goodness.No shoes in my house.Just a lot of love
I leave my shoes at the front door too
@Tampa_girl7 yes,most of my guest do.
@amadeo occasionally my husband or son forgets to remove there's when they are in a hurry.
You don't put the sign up for people to remove their shoes. But I do. I like my floors nice and white. And I'd like to get in my bed with clean feet. When I think of going in people's homes that let people walk in with his shoes on. I don't even want to ask. People to fast-track it all kind of s***off the street in the house. That's like having a dog and let the dog lay on the couch or bed it's nasty...
@sharon6345 it is nasty.the know that shoes comes off here.
@amadeo yes that's why I have a note on my door if you passed in my kitchen you must remove your shoes
I don't take them off in my house, but if I go to visit someone with that rule I will.
@TRBRocks420 Good for you.How about people coming in your house there?
@amadeo No I don't have people take off there shoes. I have hard tile floors, you only need to sweep it or mop it.
On TV shows and movies I see people reclining with sneaker clad feet on sofas and even beds - I can't believe that is real.
@Kandae11 well I guess it is there.
@bunnybon7 (28640)
• Holiday, Florida
i can surely see your point and i did when i went out a lot to folks houses.
@bunnybon7 yes,I do.I for one do not want to untidy the house there.
I have guest slippers to give to my guests because I also do not want that people come inside and make a mess on my wooden floors or on my rugs. After the guests live I put the slippers in the washer and they are clean and ready for other guests.
@LadyDuck that is a very good idea there Anna.Thank you
@amadeo Not everybody appreciate to walk without shoes, but all accept the slippers.
• San Jose, California
I love the slipper idea. I should utilize this!
No - I don't make people take their shoes off. Since most people come in thru the garage they are walking on cement not mud or dirt so their shoes would not be dirty. No one has ever told me to take my shoes off when I enter their home.
@AbbyGreenhill They will still be some dirt on the shoes.NO matter.
@amadeo I don't worry about such things, dirt can be cleaned up. This house is for living! I guaranty some peoples' feet are dirtier than their shoes!
@AbbyGreenhill yep agree, thank goodness, all my family friends allow shoes in the house.
@dodo19 (22754)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
I take off my shoes as well. Whether it's in my home or someone's else home. It's how I was raised. Now it's a habit. I don't want to get the house dirty or anything like that. I find it's also more comfortable to be barefoot. At least I find it is.
@dodo19 I like being barefoot.
@dodo19 (22754)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
@amadeo Same here. It's more comfortable.
@dodo19 it is and also good for the feet
@megatron777 (3527)
Yup, this is an old tradition, that of removing the shoes as a sign of respect to the owner or occupant of the house.
@megatron777 there you go.Respect is the word.
@amadeo Right. See you later.
@megatron777 Okay,have a good one
I practice something similar. I ask guests to remove their shoes or slippers but I provide them with soft cushioned indoor slippers to use while they are inside my place.
@allen0187 most people do.
@allen0187 same here.
@diosabella (4171)
This is a good practice in my opinion. In my sister house, we take off our shoes and put on the slippers that she offer us. When she told me to take off my shoes 15 years ago, I was like, "Are you serious?" and she was. We could use the slippers offered to us or wander the house bare footed.
@diosabella bare footing I like
@amadeo When I was little I always go barefooted because we had wooden floors but now that we have granite for flooring I just do barefoot in the summer only.
@diosabella same here.thank you
I once had a no shoes policy in my old house. I have laminate floors now..so shoes are OK.
@snowy22315 shoes are ok there.But do you know what is on the bottom?
@amadeo probably would rather not
@JustBhem (8217)
It's our tradition to take off your shoes inside the house or other house. For me it's rude not to take it, but some will openly say it's okay not to remove it.
@JustBhem very good there.They should do more here
@JustBhem (8217)
• Bangalore, India
In Indian culture shoes are supposed to be left at the main door before entering the room.. Now-a-days we use slippers in room but previously that was not allowed.
@ichchha_mrityu that is a great idea there.thanks.
@Lucky15 (30102)
I always remove my shoes or flip flops and leave it outside the door at home and even to the houses of friends ;)
@Lucky15 good girl there.