Shopaholics ahoy!

@ChesneyM (6055)
Bought 'piles' of books lately from ebay and other online bookstores... Guess I am a bit shopaholic at the moment due to some stress I am facing. The last lot I got, was a real bargain, offered at $30 for 20 volumes, many of them I haven't got yet in my collection. (It was a real bargain to me when each of those vintage volumes often cost about $10-$15 each, mainly because of the expensive postage.) Found one specific volume there (after paying) which I had been keen to get for a while, but steadfastly refused to hand over the money ($20) due to the unreasonable postage and handling from UK to Down Under. I was so pleased that I told my teen daughter about this luck of mine just last evening; only to be informed by email by that seller minutes later, that she couldn't find one book in that lot and had replaced it with something else. Imagine my depression when I thought it MIGHT just be the one I had my heart and soul on... (too depressed that I went to bed early last night!) The seller just advised me that it was a different volume which got replaced. Phew! I feel like doing a happy dance from not losing my precious book. Our gloomy, wet and hectic Tuesday suddenly looks more like a wonderful Friday afternoon. Reality: A day with 100% chance of rain, 25 degrees C (77F), and I will be a busy beaver soon taking the kids to one activity after another. (It is just one of those horrible days!) Any 'phew!' moments in your life lately? Hope you have a good day wherever you are... --- Image from pixabay
@epiffanie (7418)
Luckily I have less phew moments these days compared to when my boys were teenagers...
@ChesneyM (6055)
At our age group, the hearts become weaker... 'phew' too many times and we might just not make it, right?
@epiffanie (7418)
@ChesneyM You will make it for sure.. I guarantee .. just a little bit more patience ..
Sounds like you're getting some bargains. What sort of books are you collecting? Anything special?
@ChesneyM (6055)
Old and vintage woman's weekly series... (Bet you your state has many. I should move to your state for a while, searching for more from charity stores over there .)
@ChesneyM So just the magazines?
@ChesneyM (6055)
@JudyEv they are sort of... (fictions mainly, a bit like reader digest volumes but not that fancy looking, just romance stories from the 60s & 70s. I tried to wiki about it, but no info, except that they came from IPC Margazines Ltd.)
You can never go wrong with books. I'm so happy you were able to get what you wanted.
@ChesneyM (6055)
Now that I got that book, my greedy eye is looking at another one on ebay (but I will try to control my greed! ).
@ChesneyM You're not greedy at all! Just an avid reader and collector of fine things!
@ChesneyM (6055)
@DianneN I am glad you understand and sympathize my addiction to books.
EBay is one of my favorite "go to" places when I'm looking for books
@ChesneyM (6055)
Some of the books I have my eyes on right now, from US ebay, cost only a dollar a book (US dollar), but $24 for delivery to Australia... It is so sad!
@bunnybon7 (27817)
• Holiday, Florida
no as a matter of fact its been unusually quiet here for a change
@ChesneyM (6055)
I was laughing at the forecast here for predicting 100% rain when it was dry as anything... and while I was laughing, the sky burst open... I got drenched within a few seconds of just running to the car. The rain then persisted for hours afterward. A shocking day!
Oh that was a close call. Glad it wasnt the book you want
@ChesneyM (6055)
I will feel better when I have those books in my hands first (the photo from ebay was so blurry, I couldn't check the volume numbers or authors' or stories' names. I had a hard time checking a few out from the picture of the front covers.)
@PatZAnthony (7578)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
Love getting great deals online! We just had a 'phew' moment yesterday when we found an online seller offering what we need for 75% less than the other sellers. Same brand!
@ChesneyM (6055)
what a feeling isn't it, getting a better bargain! (a bummer sometimes when after we just paid for something, and found that we could have got it at a better price somewhere else... so sad then!)
@ilocosboy (15025)
Well that's gonna be lot of reading
@ChesneyM (6055)
I tend to collect, and read later when I am in a mood for reading (or wanting to escape from the real world LOL).
@sol_cee (9752)
• Japan
Must be a roller coaster kind of emotion for you. Phew!
• Portland, Connecticut
Congratulations on your great book deals and good luck that the book you really wanted is still included.