If You Want to Play The Game....

If you want to play the game, then you have to know the rules. And the same holds true for posting discussions and comments on mylot. I have noticed a lot of discussions as of late complaining that members have had a discussion deleted. Some members are downright angry over it. And I feel for these members. But......there are a set of guidelines that we all need to be mindful of. There is a reason for keeping these standards upheld. So let's not bash our admin, they are keeping this site a lot better then some that we all know of, and I won't mention. Hats off to everyone who follows the guidelines and to those that remind us of them.
@alberello75 (16543)
• Genova, Italy
Unfortunately here, the issue continues to repeat for some people who want everything at once! They have not yet understood that Mylot, does not work in such a way! There are some guidelines to follow and respect. If they do not, then they do not have to get upset if their discussions will be deleted and therefore, for them no earnings.
I agree completely!
@alberello75 (16543)
• Genova, Italy
@Juliaacv Thank you. As you can see, you and me, we think in the same way
I've had a few deleted since I joined here but I just move on. It is what it is. I don't let it get to me.
But you learned and moved o, right?
@Juliaacv Yes I sure did. It happens sometimes.
I've have had one accidentally deleted by 'mistake'. Someone pressed the wrong button (I asked about it) and unfortunately, unlike the 'old' version, once something is deleted it is gone and can't be brought back.
I'm sure that mistakes do happen, but I don't like to read about all of the discussions deleted being mistakes that are not on the part of the member.
There is probably room for a rewording of the guidelines to make them a bit clearer but certainly we have a great admin team here.
@Morleyhunt (19540)
I can understand being irritate, but to go on and on about seems asking to have more discussions deleted. In the first few months I was here a Mylotter carried on about the horrible admin that had deleted on of their posts...a poll post. I suggested maybe admin was correct and they should get over it. Then they became more belligerent how unfair it was. I told them that sounded like a child,..they were going to pick up their dollies and go home....I've been blocked from that Mylotter since that day.
Oh darned......and you sound like you had so much in common.
@Morleyhunt (19540)
@Juliaacv oh well! I've gone on to be reasonably successful here and so far nobody has lashed out at me.
@Morleyhunt I know, and I was only joking with you. I always look forward to reading your discussions.
I do feel sorry for those that didn't do anything intentional, but it's a lessened learned .
It should be a lesson learned, I wonder sometimes when I read what I read.
@tzwrites (4624)
I'm sure there are reasons for why a post got deleted. No need to get very upset over it.
I've never had a post deleted, but those that have post that they got angry over it.
• Midland, Michigan
I do know a few members that do follow the rules and delete their own discussions after they've been up for a bit, so it's not always because of rule breaking, although that's probably the majority of it.
I had one deleted, I think because it was a Good Monday post. But I didn't think that was against the rules.
But, for whatever the reason was that it was deleted, you probably did not devote an entire discussion to it and how you should have received an email telling you why and so on. Members go on and on about this.
I also don't like the way they make it public by bleating "why was my post deleted?" The correct thing to do is to go directly to admin and ask them. I've only had one post deleted, and enquired about it and Alex was very nice and explained things to my satisfaction. In fact he ended up thanking me for being so understanding.
That is exactly how I feel. It just brings about negativity when there are these posts, and our admin has to uphold the terms, that is just the way it is. We need to be thankful that the site is monitored as well as it is and respect that.
@LeaPea2417 (19141)
• Toccoa, Georgia
Yes, good for everyone who follows the rules and those that remind us.
@Gillygirl (17278)
• Sutton, England
Well said! There were many discussions posted on Sunday evening that were one line statements. They were all deleted. If only people read the rules carefully. Admin do a great job here and 1000 times better than one unmentionable that I know of.
I agree and applaud their work-it cannot be easy.
@sol_cee (14333)
• Saint Vincent And The Grenadines
If a post is deleted, will the bank be affected?
Not to the best of my knowledge, but I could be wrong.
I find ambiguity here and since Admin has the final word which word we may find not so right, I am told Admin need not give a reason why some posts/comments that call for deletion remain intact and vice versa. Having said that Admin here is supportive and helpful and so a million dollar question why this happens. "Ours not to reason why, ours but to do and die." - Alfred Lord Tennyson
@sueznewz2 (9720)
• Alicante, Spain
I'm in complete agreement with you... we all have to take the time to read the T &G's ... and if you don't ... don't be surprised if you fall foul of them.... I don't like reading them... but a few minutes spent reading them... saves time and a waste or work later if the discusions get deleted .... and like you say ... the site is better for it .