Terror incident at Parliament.

@garymarsh6 (14075)
United Kingdom
Sadly this afternoon there has been a terrorist attack in London at the houses of Parliament. It seems the attacker ran down a group of people crossing the bridge and then crashed his vehicle into the rails of the House of parliament. The attacker then ran from the car into the grounds of the Houses of Parliament where he murdered a policeman with a long knife. Two plain clothes police officers shot the attacker. Sadly the police officer died despite efforts of CPR and medical attention. The attacker died and two other people so far have died. Everywhere in close proximity to the House are in lock down and not allowed to leave the building although they are just being allowed to leave. Some of the people mown down included a group of French school children. The emergency services swung into action. The police and the ambulance services were extremely quick to respond. Some of my colleagues at St Thomas's hospital are in lock down and it is all hands on deck to receive the casualties. A very sad day indeed. The poor policeman dying whilst on duty protecting the members of parliament and visitors. My heart and prayers goes out to the families who have lost loved ones and those affected by the awful events of today. Rest in Peace brave people. I am sure each and everyone of my friends on Mylot will also be sending their prayers and thoughts to those affected by this heinous attack. An UPDATE. Numbers are now 5 dead and 40 injured.
@Asylum (48281)
• Manchester, England
This type of scenario was anticipated when Europe began accepting vast numbers of refugees who carried no form of identification. It is impossible to realistically screen such people. Our Government seems more concerned about appearing Politically Correct than protecting the British people.
@garymarsh6 (14075)
Well you would be called xenophobic for even mentioning that by people who probably live in areas where there are very limited interaction with such people. More recently those so called 'children' who were at least in their 20's or 30's admitted under cloak and dagger circumstances.
@topffer (34160)
• France
Are you sure that the attacker was not a UK citizen ? 90% of the authors of the French attacks were French.
@garymarsh6 (14075)
@topffer As yet they have not released the details about the perpetrator although there is a pretty good photo of him. No doubt in the hours to come they will identify him.
@topffer (34160)
• France
I have heard it on the news. I hope it was an isolated attack by one of these mad people. I send my condolences to the family of this policeman and my support to all of you in UK.
@garymarsh6 (14075)
@topffer I was in Thailand when the attack happened in Paris. I was horrified at that. It is despicable act of terrorism. We were all behind you with out thoughts and prayers too! That is one thing we are all decent people and all support each other when such things happen like this.
@topffer (34160)
• France
@garymarsh6 Thank you. We have to support each other in front of these mad criminals. I hope that Raqqa will receive a few bombs more today to show how we appreciate them.
@topffer (34160)
• France
@mysdianait It is not the same, in Iraq/Syria it is a war, and you do not do wars without doing victims, but we do not target civilians. Besides they are pure war criminals, using civilians as human fences and killing prisoners. We have to get rid of ISIS as soon as possible.
@sueznewz2 (9999)
• Alicante, Spain
Oohhh this is ssooo sad... but as you say..our thoughts are with all those affected by todays events...
@garymarsh6 (14075)
Very sad indeed.
What a sad day for all of those families. I can't really imagine being in this sort of situation. Frightening!
@garymarsh6 (14075)
Very horrible for those in the midst of it all.
@pgntwo (21654)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
It is all over the news, and may be a while yet before we know the sequence of events. Most sad for everyone concerned.
@garymarsh6 (14075)
It is pretty clear what has happened and the sequence of the event. Another horrible and unnecessary act of cruelty.
@sueznewz2 (9999)
• Alicante, Spain
@garymarsh6 i agree ... I think it's cowardly too ploughing into people crossing the street with a car...
@pgntwo (21654)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
@garymarsh6 We are seeing the aftermath, and snippets on social media show some of what happened - but the authorities have a monumental task ahead of them to determine what happened and how to mitigate against such actions in the future. People affected directly today will also need time to come to terms with what happened.
Those are the numbers we heard when we first logged in. This is very sad indeed. Certainly sending prayers and good wishes.
@garymarsh6 (14075)
The emergency services swung into action in a heart beat. Amazing police and paramedics!
@garymarsh6 It's good to know the interminable hours they spend training help them to cope. We've just heard that seven were arrested in overnight raids so that's good too.
@garymarsh6 (14075)
@JudyEv Yes and I bet the Human rights lawyers are already rubbing their hands with Glee!
Switzerland warned two months ago that we must be prepared to see more scenarios like this, because now "they" are among us and for the authorities it is impossible to spot the one who will decide to get a truck (or a car) and to try to kill as many people as he can. This is a tragic and sad event, I fear others will follow, especially after the declarations of the Turkish President.
@garymarsh6 (14075)
Yes and the Eu want them in! Incredible!
@garymarsh6 This is something unacceptable! I wonder WHO exactly wants them in the EU. We know very well that EU is not really "democratic".
Most definitely I am sending up prayers. I hate these incidents and my hubby is visiting his son in the U.K. about forty minutes from London. He will be returning tomorrow. Talk about praying and hoping.
@garymarsh6 (14075)
The whole of London is under heavy police guard this evening and will be for the next day or two. I hope he comes home safe and sound!
@garymarsh6 thank you. He is flying tomorrow afternoon through Luton airport.
Oh!yes.I was doing a post and then breaking news here when I heard this.I remember fond time with mike there on this place Yes or yes they have my prayers.It could have been worse.Who is next?maybe us who knows.The world is so f ed up. I am so sorry to hear this.
@garymarsh6 (14075)
Very sad situation!
@garymarsh6 yes,it is there.Take care
@Gillygirl (17314)
• Sutton, England
I didn't see this before I wrote about it Gary. It is indeed a terrible attack. More details will emerge but at the moment it's thought it was a lone wolf. Very upset about it.
@garymarsh6 (14075)
It is awful Gilly. My daughter just rang me because apparently my facebook showed me as being in London which technically I was but in an outer borough not in the city centre!
@Gillygirl (17314)
• Sutton, England
@garymarsh6 Yes mine shows up as London here as I am in an outer borough. Hope your colleagues at St Thomas's are okay. It must be traumatic especially when people have been severely injured.
I read that as soon as I signed online this morning. Was it a terrorist attack or does anyone know yet.
@garymarsh6 (14075)
A lone wolf attack. There are approximately 1000 police officers around the area.
@garymarsh6 A stupid attack with that many police officers around.
@tzwrites (4913)
Another tragic terrorist attack. The future looks more and more dangerous.
@garymarsh6 (14075)
It certainly does sadly!
• Eugene, Oregon
How very sad this is. I heard it on the news earlier today. It seems the world is stuck with this murderous behavior.
@garymarsh6 (14075)
These people are so vile.
Such sad news. I haven't watched any newscast yet today.
@garymarsh6 (14075)
Dreadful Marie
@Platespinner (16507)
Horrifying!
@garymarsh6 (14075)
Awful
• Preston, England
a dreadful incident indeed
Yes, will continue to send prayers of comfort to all who have been affected by this terrorist attack.
That's really sad.
@garymarsh6 (14075)
Very sad indeed!
@FayeHazel (18027)
That's so sad, I hope for comfort for families and friends of those killed or injured
@Nawsheen (23076)
• Mauritius
I am really sorry to hear about this. Some people are just so sick. What do they get by taking other people's lives? My heart go with all those who are affected. I hope that we get to find a way to stop terrorism and spread peace everywhere