Venus

Daytona Beach, Florida
Believe it or not it was Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in the U.S. that first started the rock and roll phenomenon. Businessmen with lots of cash did what they could to get the wagon rolling. They struck pay dirt when a local boy named Frankie Avalon had a number one hit with “Venus” on March 15, 1959. This was the time when American teenage girls loved that clean-cut look. Also from Philadelphia came Fabian and Danny and the Juniors, Today Frankie Avalon is a very young 76. Who likes this song and the singer? http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/frankie-avalons-venus-hits-1
Saturday Night Beech-Nut Show. March 14, 1959
Let's not forget Frankie and Annette at the beach!
And all those beach movies @JohnRoberts I found one of them Beach Blanket Bingo and watched it. It amused me so much I laughed all the way through the silly movie wiping tears
I love him and the song
The stars were so clean-cut then weren't they? Wearing suits and ties, all sp (bad word) ick and span.
It was not a bad time however there are some groups who I found looked stiff in their suits and would have done better in T-shirts and jeans @JudyEv
@RasmaSandra I'm sure the suits did not always sit comfortably with the band members.