Pythons

@millie02 (5654)
United Kingdom
No, I am not going to be talking about snakes, partly because snakes are the things of nightmares and partly because I am writing about a book called Pythons. This book is about the television show `Monty Pythons Flying Circus' . The book is actually called PYTHONS Autobiography by the Pythons. In this book the cast of Monty Pythons Flying Circus all seem to be talking about each other. They talk about their long careers and the things they did after Monty Pythons Flying Circus such as films and other television shows and appearances. Strangely enough I was first introduced to Monty Pythons Flying Circus by a teacher when I was a teenager at secondary school. This was a teacher who taught our drama lessons and she wanted us all to watch the show to get some idea about alternative acting. She wanted us to focus on the illogical side of Monty Python where you did not know what was going to happen, but what actually did happen was much different to how you expected things to turn out. I never minded watching television as part of my homework, but Monty Python was on late at night , when it was school the next day, and I was often too tired to concentrate on my other lessons. Another thing that was wrong with telling us to watch Monty Python as a sort of homework was that some of the scenes were of an adult nature and we were only about twelve at the time. This would not happen today would it, but that was during the 1970s and things were different then.
@Ronrybs (7077)
• London, England
I still love Python. I remember being barely awake after a Python night!
@millie02 (5654)
They were on late at night and I had to get up for school the next day.
@Ronrybs (7077)
• London, England
@millie02 They've been on DVD for years, but I've never bought them. Wonder why?
@millie02 (5654)
@Ronrybs I think their shows may be a bit dated nowadays.
@Asylum (46318)
• Manchester, England
I was a huge fan of Monty Python, but despite loving the television series I never really liked any of their films.
@millie02 (5654)
I did not like the films either.
@Asylum (46318)
• Manchester, England
@millie02 I think that the main difference was that the television series was fast moving, whereas the films were more drawn out.
@millie02 (5654)
@Asylum This is very true.
@JustBhem (17382)
• Davao, Philippines
Yay. I thought you'll be discussing snakes. Lol. Anyway, thanks for sharing this.
@millie02 (5654)
I would not like to talk about snakes because I am scared of them.
@Nawsheen (22849)
• Mauritius
I remember that our teacher was making us watch the movies that were related to our subjects at school only. Watching a movie till late at night and then waking up to go to school the next day can be very tiring
@millie02 (5654)
It was tiring at the time.