I Cannot Believe I Did That!!!

Garden Grove, California
When I sat down at the lunch table early a Vietnamese Catholic lady' from the Mass came in and gave 'me a huge cupcake. I ate a small piece't' then ate another.Suddenly I realized I' had ate the whole thing.It was moist' and almond flavored with cinnamon and undoubtedly sugar in it, Then when dinner came I was feeling sick and know I have shot up my blood sugar. I will have to drink a lot of water to wash that out. I did not eat much else as I was already feeling ill from high blood sugar. Fellow diabetics do not tell me that high blood sugar does not make you ill as I know better Anyone got any other suggestions' like kicking myself or I don't know l I can think of is water, One original post or graphic by P Hatley copyrighted 2017
@topffer (27804)
• France
Like you describe it, I would have also eaten all the cupcake. Water does not help, but green tea works.
love green tea should biy spme
@BarBaraPrz (15871)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
Well, you could go for a walk and try to burn up some energy. Hope you feel better soon.
its beginning to ease up so perhaps the water has brought it down. I dread thje blood sugar test in an hour
@Hatley I hope that your blood sugar level won't go too high. Must be an awful feeling.
@marlina I aced it the water took it down was normal
Well, don't blame yourself. Many would have made the same mistake. I think drinking a lot of water is a good idea. Heck, I have taken the wrong medicine in the morning, and that means the entire day is shot.
I took the wrong pills one day ratherI was tive the wrong pills and ran high uintol I asked why I was not given my metformen at breakfast and tjey realized their error I gid get my metfformen
• Bangalore, India
Have lot of water.. walk a mile and sleep :P
I did both and I tested nao mal at 128
Cinnamon pills bring blood sugar down. Maybe you can keep some nearby for the future.
wow they hav e it in pillls I will buy spme
@silvermist (14187)
I too can think only of drinking water.
yues I know water works as Ihave done it before
@sallypup (17573)
• Moses Lake, Washington
At least that tempter lady can find you a priest to confess your sin to. Ha ha. Poor you. I shouldn't make jokes cause I've quit sugar and I know too well the deep call to gobble.
itwas sirt if funny as to begin with it really was not something Ishoud have ate but too I kept eatng a section oy dear I ate ot all lol lol
@sallypup (17573)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@Hatley Every so often a person gets sick of towing the mark.
Throwing it up maybe but that is hard and gross. Hope you are better. Can't even eat a good cupcake.
I finally got over it by drinking enough water
@Hatley ......Good for you.
Ofcourse I have a suggestion. Never eat such a large cupcake. Even normal people do not at one go
I know best suggestion yet right on tyhe button lol
Drink lots of water is the only thing that I know of to do.
Thatswhat I did and when I w as tested it was normal 128
• Pamplona, Spain
You are only human and you forgot yourself for a minute. Who would not be tempted? DonĀ“t bash yourself up for that and you know how to remedy it which is very good.
I got it dowb when my blood sugar was checked it was just 128 so lucked out
• Pamplona, Spain
@Hatley Can you get green tea there? I mean made for you? Or would you have to have a hot water thing and a cup at least in your Room? I mean that is not a luxury surely as you are paying to live there. Good job it came down and makes me more mindful of what I eat also.
I can understand it is hard to resist the temptation from the delicious food I hope you will feel well soon.
yesit did wear off soon