Air India incident.

@garymarsh6 (12006)
United Kingdom
I was rather shocked to read about an Indian MP Ravindra Gaikwad attacked an air India employee when he was told there were no business class seats on an all economy flight. He then went on to boast about beating the man to the press. The prime minister of India should have him thrown out of parliament and prosecuted for assault and ordered to pay the man compensation for the humiliation and distress caused to this poor employee. I hope on behalf of the employee air India gives this MP a life time ban flying with them. I also hope that they will pursue him in the courts for the assault on one of their staff. NO one I repeat NO one has a right to hit another person especially when the situation is something they can do nothing about. What a poor example and demonstration of bad behaviour, unbecoming of a member of Parliament. I do not think any member of parliament in the UK would ever get away with such bad behaviour. They would be arrested by the police MP or No MP.
I agree with you! What is wrong with these people? Entitlement?
@garymarsh6 (12006)
So they think they do. If you ever thought the class system was bad in the UK then India would knock spots off any nation!
@garymarsh6 The diplomats here get away with murder. Probably real murder, too!
@garymarsh6 (12006)
@DianneN Yes they do DianneN
not surprise.He will get away with this.They have their rules which sucks.
@garymarsh6 (12006)
Disgraceful isn't it!
@garymarsh6 It is!!!
@nomus24g (15064)
nothing will happen to him, under political protection...
@garymarsh6 (12006)
That is a disgrace. He should not be allowed to get away with it.
That's quite horrible! It just gives any poltiical figure in India the excuse to do was they wish! @nomus24g Horrid!
@garymarsh6 (12006)
@ScribbledAdNauseum I hope that he is prosecuted for assault. Big bully!
He is banned air travel and although there is delay which cannot be explained he will surely be booked. Our PM is more after popularity and so he is treading cautiously.
@garymarsh6 (12006)
I would give him the boot with my big size nines. He has no right to treat anyone like that. Vile little man!
@garymarsh6 The latest news is he is missing.
@garymarsh6 (12006)
@allknowing Who? The MP or the man he hit?
I fully agree with you, I remember a similar accident about two years ago. It started when a first-class passenger refused macadamia nuts served in a bag, she wanted the nuts served on a plate. She wanted the plane to go back to New York, so that the attendant could be kicked out of the plane... she ended in jail.
@garymarsh6 (12006)
She was the co chairwoman of Korea airways. She humiliated the cabin steward. She was sacked from her job and I think she slapped him and you are right she ended up in prison. Good job too!
@garymarsh6 Yes, she was the co chairwoman of Korea airways. Some people think that they can do everything due their position, very wrong.
@garymarsh6 (12006)
@LadyDuck I think she is a bit sorry now. How ridiculous. Shame I was not on that flight otherwise I would have intervened and told her exactly what I thought of her. I think it was over offering a bag of nuts rather than serve them on a plate. How ridiculous.
That is shocking. Rightly or wrongly maybe it's a cultural thing - MPs are allowed to belt up any underlings. That wouldn't happen here either.
@garymarsh6 (12006)
There is an awful culture of treating people badly in India. I remember our tour guide who was a Brahmin the way he spoke to people was really out of order so I made a point of watching him talking to the drivers and others and he knew it. Although I could not tell what he was saying I am sure he was being careful.
@garymarsh6 I wonder if the caste system is any less strong now? It takes so long to change people's attitudes. Many of our Aussie tourists become quite arrogant in Bali and treat people badly. They wouldn't behave that way at home.
@Gillygirl (15259)
• Sutton, England
That is appalling Gary I haven't read about the incident yet but yes UK MPs would not get away with it.
@garymarsh6 (12006)
They would have been arrested !
@Gillygirl (15259)
• Sutton, England
@garymarsh6 Without a doubt and most likely expelled from whatever political party.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Why is he not in jail?
@garymarsh6 (12006)
He should be and to pay some compensation to the poor worker!
@JESSY3236 (4702)
That's terrible. He should have behaved better.
@garymarsh6 (12006)
Absolutely. I would have humiliated him beyond belief.
• Portland, Connecticut
What a pompous ... he is, I hope the employee sues him, he will be hoist with his own petard!!! or certainly his own big mouth!!
@garymarsh6 (12006)
Yes lets hope the mighty fall and land heavily!
@LoriAMoore (8727)
Oh goodness, I hadn't heard about this.
@garymarsh6 (12006)
It is stupid isn't it Lori
@Morleyhunt (15368)
I think you'd be shocked at the misdeeds public servants get away with.
@garymarsh6 (12006)
Especially in India. The way people are treated is appalling.
I can't believe he wasn't arrested.
@garymarsh6 (12006)
Rules and the law does not touch Indian MP's so it seems!
People behave absolutely insane. There is no excuse for such bad behavior.
For sure when that happens here, the man will surely be sent to jail even if he is a senator. People will unite to make him pay for doing that to the poor employee. Yes, no one has the right to do that to his fellowmen even if he has a high position in the government. The more that you are in a high position, the more that you should be kind , humble and considerate.