Strange Coincidence

When I had a flat tire I was on the phone to my son while waiting for the service guy. He was telling me about a airbag recall. I hadn't heard about it and was going to look it up. He had had his fixed quite a while ago. He thought I must have had a letter and maybe didn't read it. With all the trouble it took researching and buying new tires I didn't get a chance to look it up. A few days later I got a letter in the mail from the Honda people telling me about the recall and asking me to make an appointment to get it fixed! How strange to get that letter right after first hearing about it even though they knew about the problem with the airbag months ago! Apparently the stagger the letters so as not to swamp the dealers. So my appointment was today and it's all fixed at no charge. But it's still odd to me that the letter came at that time. I often throw out mail I believe to be advertisements without opening them and I might have tossed this one had I not known about the recall. They are always trying to buy my car and send me letters frequently.
@PatZAnthony (11805)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
Yeah, it is odd how they are always trying to buy your car too! We get emails and letters that one of our vehicles is in great demand. Wondering how much it will be in demand if I actually show up with this beauty!
They will buy it and they want to sell you a new car. But they do have a big demand for good used, so they get a double profit and the couple of thousand they give you over blue-book is probably that much less they will take off the new car.
@atoz1to10 (6898)
Why do they want to buy your car?
They say it's in great demand. They offer me several thousand over blue-book price. Even at the dealers today as I waited a salesman came over and asked me again if I wanted to sell. I said no. He laughed and said his notes say the last time I was in I told them I was going to drive it till the wheels fell off! I laughed and said, that still stands!
@atoz1to10 (6898)
@Jeanniemaries Can you take a pic of your car and post it up here for us to see please... I might offer more..
@atoz1to10 Haha! It seems like there is a million of them on the road. It's just a Honda Accord. Nothing special.
You are right this is odd. I wonder if our phone calls are monitored for specific keywords. I know that our privacy is violated every day.
Now that is a horrible thought. I hope not.
@Jeanniemaries I hope not too, but I am always a bit concerned when there are odd coincidences.
@LeaPea2417 (15331)
• Toccoa, Georgia
I guess it was just a coincidence.
The timing was right, that's for sure.
@LeaPea2417 (15331)
• Toccoa, Georgia
@Jeanniemaries Yes, it was.
@Asylum (47256)
• Manchester, England
I never throw any mail out unopened. I consider it prudent to confirm that the contents are junk mail before discarding them.
@Asylum (47256)
• Manchester, England
@Jeanniemaries If I take mail to the Post Office and ask for a stamp for it they would usually print off a pre paid sticker. Whenever I send postcards I have to0 request postage stamps, otherwise they will not provide them.
@minx267 (11219)
• Hartford, Connecticut
here's another coincidence. My aunt just told me a couple days ago how she gets request to buy her car in the mail too.. I had never heard of this until then and now you mention it again a few days later... strange.
Isn't that just so odd?? I think there is something behind it, I'm sure it's not in my best interest. I'm hanging on to my car.
@minx267 (11219)
• Hartford, Connecticut
@Jeanniemaries I would too.
Do you really believe in coincidence?
Truthfully, I say coincidence but I really feel God takes care of me and things fall into place as he directs them, Usually they are not noticeable. When they are, I marvel at the coincidence of the timing he has planned,
Glad you didn't toss it out
Someone upstairs was looking out for me.
@CRK109 (14353)
Well it's great that you got your letter and got it fixed! I love when they find out about those problems and get them fixed for everyone for free!
I know! No charge!
• Midland, Michigan
THe letters to buy your car back is silly and I don't understand why they send out as many as they do. My kids have had the recall letters for things like the ignition related to fobs and things like that. Since we're in the market for an older vehicle hopefully any recalls would have been taken care of already.
Oh, my car is now 5 years old. I've had it two years (hard to believe). It seems they are always "discovering" problems over the life of a car.
It's strange how these coincidences happen. Every time I start to think about it's time I called my sister, the next phone call will be her. Eerie!
That happens to me too. A lot! Or I think about a movie I haven't seen in a long time and then soon after it's on TV. Weird!
When we get a recall notice it comes in a letter, officially looking, right from GM of Canada. You feel obligated to get it. And if you don't get the recall completed they send you postcards after that. We had a car that we sold to someone for next to nothing, because that was what it was worth. He didn't even license it, but since we didn't notify GM they still send me any recalls for it.
Yes, it's hard to get those letters stopped. I didn't buy the big extended warranty and I get letters all the time about it. For two years they keep telling me It is my last warning. I like the idea of a big official envelope from Honda, but it looks the same as the junky letters.
Glad it all worked out and that you got it fixed.
It seems there is always something to take care of. But that is now crossed off my list.