How Much Does It Take To Be Addicted?

As a recovering Compulsive Gambler I was amazed at the article below. You might ask why? Well let me explain. After winning a massive jackpot in January, this person played again in a different game. She referred to the game as her favorite which indicates she plays it fairly often and yet she feels 'lucky' that her 3rd one was a winner. When gambling I had the same type of comments made and it seldom turned out that I kept my winnings. Ultimately only time will tell. Will she stop and live on the money won or will she continue to play? Continuing to play would be a sign that ultimately she could have lost much of what she won. Either way her situation is not the norm. What are your thoughts? Do you think that wealth makes a difference in Gambling as to weather it is an addiction?
A lucky Michigan woman claimed her second prize from the state lottery in three months on Wednesday.
@scheng1 (24742)
It's not the matter of how much she wins, it's the matter of how she thinks of herself. Those who gamble and win never believe that one day, they will become poor due to the gambling habit. When they are not winning, they just think that they are temporary down on luck, and surely the next win will compensate them for all the losses.
@scheng1 So true! I have heard that Singapore has some issues with this addiction. Is that accurate?
@scheng1 (24742)
@Berniezeitler Yes, both online and offline. The $100 levy for locals to enter casinos is not enough of a deterrent. Those who are prepared to bet big will not stop because they have to pay $100 to the government in order to gamble.
@scheng1 Can you send me the link for the Government information on Gambling? The mind of an addict is focused on the next 'buzz'. Gamblers are no different. Money has no meaning in reality it is all about the action.
I might keep playing, to share the money with others, I don't think I'd be that concerned with it though. But those kinds of odds are wild, cant believe she won twice
@megatron777 (3777)
• Guam
I'm sorry I'm not into gambling; but I have so many friends who has ruined their life through gambling.