44 Years on and my old boyfriend is visiting

@Jackalyn (6655)
Oxford, England
This feels so odd. Recently I met a man I might have married when I was 17 on Facebook. We started going out when I was about 15. I know he wanted ti get engaged and I wanted to live with him, but he wouldn't! He is driving over to see me tomorrow Bless him. He even has old photos of us! We both married other people and lost touch when I moved out of London at 19. I do not really know whether to be excited or scared or what. This will be the second time in my life a boyfriend from the past turned up. The last it was a boy I went out with when I was 10 who emigrated to Australia. He turned up on my parents doorstep when I was in my 20's and had just got engaged. I remember that one asking if I still had a silver locket he gave me. I didn't. G.who is coming romorrow was my first serious love. I keep remembering all this stuff from when we were 15 I had forgottten. Like him climbing onto the veranda of the YWCA when it was past curfew. I left home at 15 and lived there for a while. Now my head is full of love beads thar broke and Fender Stratacasters in shop windows and a loud band that was pretty awful in a church hall. He says my Dad chased him out of the house demanding he never darken the doors again. Neither of us can remember why!
@TheSojourner (17454)
It is always interesting to see our first love. 45 years ago I met my first love. I last saw him when I was a young mother at 21. That was 1976. Then I saw him again in 2011 at my mother's memorial. I did not recognize him.
@Jackalyn (6655)
• Oxford, England
I did recognise him. He had not changed much in a way. I hope I was not too much of a shock.
@Jackalyn and how were things? Was it good to see one another?
It's crazy how seeing someone or talking to someone from are past can trigger so many old memories we had thought we had long forgotten, i feel that way to when i run into someone from my past.
How nice will this be? I do hope you have fun reminiscing. Sometimes these 'reunions' can go either way.
@Jackalyn (6655)
• Oxford, England
It was nice. He even brought T. Shirt I bought him for his 18th birthday. I had no memory of it at all, but I do remember I had a green kaftan with similar embroidery.
@Jackalyn Glad the visit went well. Do you think you will keep in touch? No new romance on the horizon?
@Jackalyn (6655)
• Oxford, England
@JudyEv No definitely no romance. I think just friendship. Our politics are different and he likes the Church of England and evensong, while I am pentecostal All sorts of changes had taken place to the young man I went out with.
I'm sure you two have a lot of catching up to do. Probably talks on how your lives went through but I hope that it would turn into a great date for the both of you. have a nice day.
@Jackalyn (6655)
• Oxford, England
It was indeed a nice day.
@Morleyhunt (19750)
I'm sure you will have a lot to talk about.
@Jackalyn (6655)
• Oxford, England
Yes we did. I think maybe growing uo in the same area where my parents live gave us the connection.
I hope you have a wonderful visit.
• Pleasant Hill, California
I hope you have a good time. Fill us in.
I hope you've had a truly fun day catching up with each other!
@Jackalyn (6655)
• Oxford, England
Yes fun. We would only work as friends because we seemed to have different views on some things. However we did have fun looking ar photos and exploring locally.
• Eugene, Oregon
That line about "love beads that broke" sounds like it might be in a song. Better write one. I hope the old/new romance goes well.
Are you sure this meeting will cheer you up?
@PatZAnthony (12663)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
We just never know who will come back into our lives. Sometimes it is a good thing, other times, no so much.
• Kolkata, India
Sounds pretty heart breaking. But I guess rather than becoming scared you can enjoy the moment which you are about to have, Or there might be a time in your life again when you will feel sorry for missing this moments. In life never do something for which you could feel sorry at any point of time. Be happy
I feel weird seeing some of my ex-partners. But I maintained the friendship with them. However, past memories will be always past.
@crossbones27 (19603)
• Redlands, California
Well, if that does not leave in you in suspense, I do not know what does. lol I hope it works out for you gues this time.
Should be interesting. It could go either way since it has been a long time. But since he wants to see you again he obviously remembers you and in a fond way I would imagine. I hope all goes well :-)
@Mike197602 (13513)
• Worcester, England
I like this...and hope you'll keep us posted For me I'm pretty happy that all my exes are exes for a reason...I hold a torch for none of them I do feel sorry for people that still love their ex partners.